Thought Catalog


How To Not Just Survive But Thrive In Your Mid To Late 20s

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 08:45 PM PST

Nirrimi Firebrace
Nirrimi Firebrace

At the ripe old age of 27, I have certainly learned a thing or two about what it means to be a young adult in 2016. Our way of life is drastically different to those of past generations, we stay kids longer, have more freedom to be ourselves, and are simultaneously more connected and isolated than ever. There has arguably never been a more remarkable and unusual time to be young, here, and alive. But our generation does come with its own unique set of difficulties and challenges which require a fresh and innovative approach if they are to be overcome. Now, there are a million and one articles out there that will tell you how important it is to travel and see the world, to knuckle down on your dreams, and enjoy your youth before committing to a marriage or career that may not leave you fulfilled or happy, so, as much as I agree with all of that, I won't bother you with it again. Instead, I wanted to discuss a few scenarios and strategies that are specific to my experience and are things I've come to consider enormously important to my own happiness and wellbeing.

Routinely expand and strengthen your social circles with new and interesting people. Something I quickly recognised as I traversed the unknown territories of my mid to late twenties was a growing tendency to play it safe in regards to my social life. I found myself cutting off casual acquaintances left, right and centre until all that remained was a tight-knit group of loyal and dependable friends I knew I could trust with my life. Surprisingly enough, this, in retrospect, was a mistake.

While it is absolutely essential in life to keep a small number of close, intimate friendships who hold a complex and thorough understanding of who you are and who you've been—who have stood beside you through thick and thin and have witnessed firsthand your growth and development over the years, it is equally important to bring in fresh blood, people who perceive you only as who you are today, people who can challenge your thinking with new ideas and drag you out of your comfort zone kicking and screaming. Be proactive and put yourself out there. You will be truly amazed by how much the good you gain from positive social interactions carries over into other areas and aspects of your life.

For goodness sake, let loose once in a while! As we get older, there is a certain unspoken expectation to begin the process of settling down, to get serious about our lives and take better care of our bodies and health. Of course, I don't disagree. A huge part of growing up is learning how to be responsible for your own actions and their consequences and you certainly can't be smashing casks of cheap wine at the park every weeknight or throwing yourself headfirst into every bit of trouble you can find. Realistically, once you hit your mid-twenties, you really should start thinking about your future and the steps it will take to get there.

But that sure doesn't mean you should give up your freedom and wildness altogether. No, if you don't let go and let yourself be an absolute crazy ass head case occasionally, the pressure and responsibility of adulthood will send you completely mad. Be a goddamn fool now and then. Be reckless and thoughtless and shamelesly neglectful. Stay up too late, drink until you drop, order the fattiest, dirtiest, most delicious item on the menu. You cannot live your whole life restricting yourself only to what is good and healthy for the body. Sometimes, you have got to do what is good and healthy for the soul.

Experiment with your identity. The prevalent belief that who we are is set in stone is preposterous, harmful and utterly untrue. The fact is, 'who we are' is a complex and multi-layered symphony composed of our core self, our current circumstances, and the conscious decision we make each and every day to either progress and grow or remain the same. And the moment we tweak a single tone in this arrangement, the character of the whole piece changes dramatically.

So, it is an enormous shame that so many of us choose to settle with the identity we formed throughout our adolescence — the wealth of experience and possibility that is made available to us as young adults far surpasses that of our childhoods and teenage years, making it the perfect opportunity to really dig deep down into the nitty-gritty of our egos and discover fragments of our personality we never knew existed. Whether you consider yourself introverted, unmotivated, petty, cruel or insecure, if you throw yourself into the deep end and actively challenge yourself and the tendencies that come naturally to you, you might be surprised to find how truly thin and tenuous these so-called 'attributes' really are. There is nothing fundamental about you, everything can be developed, altered and improved.

Irregardless of whether these challenges and their solutions are applicable to you and can be implemented in your own life or not, my last piece of advice is to just ease up a little, be productive with your happiness and concern yourself less with what you think the world expects of you. The world has no idea. We are an entirely new generation of young men and women, with our own unique needs, wishes, dreams and challenges, and it is our responsibility, and blessing, to figure out what they are ourselves. TC mark

This Is What Happens When You Accept Love From A Nice Guy

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 08:00 PM PST

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cadencrawford/8996030838/in/photolist-eGX1xY-9wVbdn-gaCfvo-dvbTFx-8vTXph-5nzCMw-pSQXBN-4J1bX6-2FTnMg-pfwoe2-5LNL8c-qa4rrQ-eexPYz-rpZq6q-rk4Dwi-5w6n8s-qCxMPJ-c7b9i-oMZGd-bW8Mzs-66h82H-ryM7rS-6akRDL-e2pL1-41aQch-8cLLDM-iBKw4u-neGKcJ-9G1M6k-e2BhjM-futyvK-5T8wSb-fEDZTw-3kjAD-9qJLGK-7Dwdq7-6DMEcG-62ia9-9qMbVL-6u8V4t-pYcF1-5LcCx4-7YAXW2-i7Dg6-9ABdP2-w1qEov-5LBP39-a4VfY7-bNiVy-K3MnA
Caden Crawford

I chose the nice guy a few times. He was always very attentive and caring. Yet at one point he felt like the bad guy; either in his actions towards me or the arrangement that we had initially.

This time, I chose the nice guy.

At first I was nervous. How does one treat the nice guy? The nice guy that texts you the morning after the first date? The nice guy that stays round to make out til 3 in the morning? The nice guy that waits til you initiate sex? It was an alien experience.

Just like Katy Perry’s E.T song, he infects you with his loving. All that there is to think about is how wonderful he is to you. He regularly wants to talk to you. He lets you know that he misses you. He comes over with a bouquet of the flowers he knows you like. There are no faults. You never imagined being in a relationship like this. He exceeds your expectations and makes you break all of your dating rules. And trust me, my dating rules are incredibly strict.

There aren’t any fuckboys that can compete with the Nice Guy. He might be a little shy, a little less confident, a little less forthright – yet all those things about him make him the cuter and better option in comparison to anybody else.

The nice guy loves me at my lowest. He came home one day to my body curled up under the covers, my eyes closed as sadness took over any ability to speak. He got into bed with me and held me. He kissed my head and stayed with me til I was ready to talk. When I was, he asked me if I was hungry, and then proceeded to cook dinner. We moved to the sofa, binge re-watched Breaking Bad as we ate under the duvet that he brought with us to the living room. He looks after me, and that is priceless.

When I’m drunk I tell him about how close I was to ending it all. He hides his face from me, concealing his sadness, and makes me feel even more loved than before. He doesn’t even know that his love is what saved me in the first place.

He unintentionally makes you feel unworthy of his love. He’s an absolute angel compared to you. You’ve had your share of bad boys. You’ve broken hearts. You’ve experimented. And yet, there’s this wonderful man whose eyes look at you like you’ve fallen from the sky. Like Britney Spears in “Oops I Did It Again”, you feel like you must have tricked him into loving you; accidentally making this lovely guy fall for a version of you that isn’t quite the whole picture. Someone ready to dive into the ocean for the blue heart-shaped diamond.

There is endless confusion about why he is still with you. He remains in bed, laughing at you, as you show him how your bedroom is such a size that you could easily practice the bleep test. He’s a gentle soul oozing with sexiness; sexiness he doesn’t even know about; and he is with you?! He’s chosen you out of all those good girls?! Surely that can’t be right!

So you let it go on. Thoughts that one day he’ll realize how good he is in comparison to you – making him leave for some much hotter and much nicer lady – are utterly fine by you. You’ll enjoy it whilst it lasts, knowing that your love and appreciation for him are more than capable of letting him move on to someone potentially better than you. As long as it makes him happy, then you are okay with it. He’s worth any pain. TC mark

15 Women Give Constructive Criticism On How To Actually Make Them Orgasm (And Not Just Fake It)

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 07:00 PM PST

OnaArtist.com
OnaArtist.com

1. “When you’re giving me oral, just because you’re moving your tongue really fast, doesn’t mean you’re moving it in a way that feels good. It’s a beautiful combination between sucking and licking that you have to practice, not just flicking your tongue around mindlessly.” —Cara, 25

beetlejuice

2. “Don’t just stick it in, warm me up first. Rub my body, kiss my body, make me feel something before you put your dick inside me and cum in 3 minutes.” —Tiffany, 26

beetlejuice

3. “Let me take control once in a while. I understand you’re a man, and you don’t have to tie me up to prove it. Some women get off from control alone, so if I tell you you can’t touch me until I say so, don’t.” —Vanessa, 25

beetlejuice

4. “Oral works so much better when you use your mouth AND your fingers.” —Meghan, 26

beetlejuice

5. “When I’m rubbing my clit while you’re inside me, don’t take it as an insult, just accept it as some extra assistance, a helping hand.” —Alanna, 26

beetlejuice

6. “When you kiss me, don’t dig any deeper than necessary. Your tongue should not be down my esophagus.” —Molly, 24

beetlejuice

7. “You stare at my boobs all day, so don’t ignore them when we finally decide to have sex, that’s just negligent.” —Emily, 25

beetlejuice

8. “Not all girls want you to ‘make love’ to them. Occasionally we like to be fucked.” —Chloe, 24

beetlejuice

9. “If you’re wondering about something, just ask. Literally the best way to have the best sex is to talk about what’s going to make it THE BEST. Pretty self-explanatory.” —Arianna, 25

beetlejuice

10. “Not all women are vocal, just because I’m not screaming at the top of my lungs, doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying myself.” —Morgan, 27

beetlejuice

11. “Foreplay is key. Don’t rush it.” —Victoria, 26

beetlejuice

12. “Let me help you with my bra. I understand it can be confusing at times, but it will be 100% less awkward if you just let me help you take it off rather than both of us waiting 5 minutes for you to figure out it clips in the front, not the back.” —Zoe, 24

beetlejuice

13. “Stamina. Try to last. Please.” —Hailey, 25

beetlejuice

14. “Openly communicate what you like or don’t like. You won’t know that I like you biting my nipples unless I tell you so, just like I won’t know whether or not you’d like me to suck your balls. It’s amazing what improvements we each can make if we just talk about it.” —Adrienne, 26

beetlejuice

15. “Stop asking for anal. Ain’t gonna happen.” —Casey, 28 TC mark

Waiting For You Choose Me Is Completely And Utterly Exhausting

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 06:00 PM PST

martinak15
martinak15

Insanity they call it. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. That has been my life for the last year.

We were together. And then we weren't. I swear, it happened as fast as the milliseconds it took me to type those two sentences.

See, I cared. I cared a whole fucking lot. It was the first time I opened my heart again and truly felt like I had the best of both worlds – a boyfriend and a best friend.

You cared, too. But we cared on different levels. Emotionally, we were at a crossroads. I chose the road that was romance-filled, a knots-in-the-stomach kinda thing. You chose the road that had signs like "Homie" and "Just friends" stationed at every corner.

It happens. Two people come together, one feels something the other can't reciprocate, and it's a struggle. It sucks, but it happens.

Because I, without a doubt, thought that if I looked a certain way, acted a certain way, or did anything remotely different, it would just click.

I thought one day we would be hanging out, watching the same stupid show we both loved, and you'd just look at me differently. All of the months of me hoping you'd catch up to the way I felt, would actually happen.

And in the process, I clung to any sort of attention you threw my way. I held on to every word…every gesture that was remotely flirty. Deep down, I thought time would change the situation we were in.

But the only thing time has given me is more memories to drown myself in at night.

Because when I think back to all of the days and nights spent together, quoting ridiculous movies, impersonating fictional characters, laughing at absolutely nothing…I draw a blank. I forget why we can't be together…question why we're not together.

And that's not fair…to you, or to me.

It is not fair that I continuously put us in a situation where I am fighting a battle that you no longer are a part of. I am not being a real friend if I can't be happy for you with someone that is not me. I am not being a friend if deep down, I always want more.

It really is a struggle when your best friend is also the person you love. Because how can I expect you to pick up the broken pieces when you're the reason I've fallen apart? It sounds so dramatic, and pathetic, and every other ridiculously emotional word I can think of.

It's true though. I never wanted to feel this way. Who does?

Yet here I am. Sitting at this table, day after day, waiting for this person to show up, and apologizing for being so late because they've been stuck in traffic all this time.

But the restaurant is closing soon. And I don't think you're going to make it. TC mark

39 Soul-Crushing ‘FML’ Stories That Will Make You Feel Better About Your Own Life

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 05:15 PM PST

Jesse Herzog
Jesse Herzog

1.

"Today, my girlfriend found out you can use food coloring in anything. Everything she cooks is now in bright neon colors. FML"

2.

"Today, I went up to a secluded mountain my boyfriend took me to for our first date. As I saw another couple hooking up in the bushes, I phoned my boyfriend to tell him someone found our secret spot. His Bob Marley ringtone started playing from the bush. FML"

3.

"Today, I received a phone call from my old boss asking me why I wasn’t at work, to which I responded, ‘Because you fired me yesterday.’ He didn’t say anything, and hung up. FML"

4.

"Today, I lost my virginity to my boyfriend of 7 years. He thrusted as fast as rabbits. I waited years for 10 seconds. FML"

5.

"Today, I was having sex with my boyfriend. When he was about to orgasm, he screamed ‘Yes Brittany!’ at the top of his lungs. My name's not Brittany. That's his sister. FML"

6.

"Today, I had to go to the police station to pick up my 42 year old dad. Why? Because he was stealing candy. FML"

7.

"Today, I had my first job interview and didn't have much of an appetite because of the nerves. So I grabbed a brownie that my roommate had left in the fridge and ate it on the train ride in to the city. About 20 minutes into my interview I was so stoned I couldn't speak. FML"

8.

"Today, I went Christmas shopping with my cat. I still haven’t bought presents for my family, yet my cat already has several gifts under the tree and an outfit to wear around the house. FML"

9.

"Today, I woke up at 7, got to college by 7:40 to receive an email that my 8:00 a.m. class got cancelled. I stayed there until 12:00 p.m. for my second class, to then find out that the cancelled class was the one at 12:00, not 8:00. FML"

10.

"Today, for the first time, I decided to just be myself at work. My boss thought I was drunk. FML"

11.

"Today, I found out that my boyfriend is cheating on me, with the same guy I was cheating on him with. FML"

12.

"Today, I had to drive my drunk parents home from a party. They leaned out the window and barked at everyone we passed all the way home. FML"

13.

"Today, and for the past couple of days, my girlfriend’s father has been trying to help me think of a way to propose. I decided to rehearse first, and that’s how my girlfriend walked in on me ‘proposing’ to her dad. FML"

14.

"Today, my husband who asked for a divorce four days ago announced his engagement on Facebook. His new woman’s profile picture is my engagement ring. FML"

15.

"Today, I was a TA for a history class and the class was taking a test. About halfway through, I noticed one kid had a small piece of paper in his hand. I ran up the row, grabbed his test, and ripped it into four pieces. Then I took the note from him. It said ‘I believe in you, -Mom.’ FML"

16.

"Today, my boyfriend is mad at me for causing him to fail a science test. Apparently he thought I was serious when I told him that homo sapiens were extinct because they were ‘homo’. FML"

17.

"Today, I got pulled over. When the cop asked where I was coming from, I reflexively said, ‘Your mom’s house.’ FML"

18.

"Today, I had to sleep in the same room as my grandparents. They checked to see if I was asleep, so I pretended to be to avoid getting scolded for staying up. Turns out they were checking so that they could make love. I witnessed two 70-year-olds have sex in the bed next to me for 20 minutes. FML"

19.

"Today, I volunteered to be auctioned off for charity. I went for $3. FML"

20.

"Today, I bit my boyfriend's neck. I felt something squirt into my mouth. Turns out I had just popped a pimple on his neck. Into my mouth. FML"

21.

"Today, I was stuck on the toilet with a huge stomachache after eating bad food the day before. I got up to flush when I noticed that there was a cockroach struggling feebly in the pile of crap. I'll never know if it got there before or after I crapped. FML"

22.

"Today, my girlfriend dumped me. Her exact words were, ‘I like the idea of you, but I don’t like you.’ I still don’t know what that means. FML"

23.

"Today, I was walking when a man pointed a camera at me. I got bitchy about it, and said ‘Did I say you could take a picture?’ He replied with, ‘No, but can you get the fuck out of the way so I can take one of my wife and kids?’ I turned around, and they were right behind me. FML"

24.

"Today, I didn’t get promoted, but the guy who showed up drunk to work a few weeks ago did. FML"

25.

"Today, I was teaching a ten year old how to play piano. Halfway through the lesson, she made a minor mistake, which, trying to be a good tutor, I corrected her. She smiled up at me, paused, then slammed the key cover down onto my fingers. FML"

26.

"Today, my tampon string was hanging from my bathing suit. My boyfriend thought it was a thread hanging from my bikini bottom. He publicly pulled out my tampon. FML"

27.

"Today, as my girlfriend and I were finishing up a romantic dinner, she gazed into my eyes and said, ‘You know, sometimes you look like a character from Sesame Street. FML"

28.

"Today, I was getting sick of listening to the guy in the next room over getting nasty with some girl, so I called my girlfriend to see if she wanted to go get some food. Then I heard her phone ring. Through the wall. FML"

29.

"Today, I fell asleep at a work and woke up with a penis sharpied onto my face. I’m a kindergarten teacher. FML"

30.

"Today, I texted my college boyfriend to tell him how terrible I felt about cheating. He replied saying he was so relieved because he had been cheating on me with a girl in his dorm. I was talking about my math exam. FML"

31.

"Today, I got hit in the mouth with a hockey stick and lost four teeth. Yesterday, I got my braces of six years removed. FML"

32.

"Today, it's my 18th birthday. My parents got me a $5 gift certificate to iTunes. It came for free with the iPhone they just bought my sister for her middle school graduation. FML"

33.

"Today, I went on a movie date with a guy. He brought his mom. FML"

34.

"Today, I burned both my hands at work so I had to ask my husband for help changing my tampon, but he refused saying it would make him feel sick. This from the man who routinely sticks his tongue in my asshole when we have sex. FML"

35.

"Today, while watching Animal Planet, I realized my boyfriend uses Dog Whisperer techniques on me. FML"

36.

"Today, while at the Golden Gate Bridge, I spotted a large group of Asians trying to take a picture. Trying to help, I slowly say, ‘You… want me… take picture?’ while using hand motions. The man looks at me and says, "No thanks asshole, I got it,’ in plain English. FML"

37.

"Today, I found out that my husband’s secretary named her new baby boy after my husband. Everyone at the office thinks it’s funny. My husband says it’s just a coincidence. FML"

38.

"Today, at the dentist, I was getting my teeth cleaned. Looking up at his nose, I saw runny snot dripping onto his lip. I tried to slowly move away. He told me ‘Stop!’ The movement of his lips caused the snot to fall right into my mouth. FML"

39.

"Today, I realized it takes me longer to take a dump than it does to have sex with my boyfriend. I also realized taking a dump is more satisfying. FML" TC mark

Don’t Tell Me You Love Me

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 05:00 PM PST

Paolo Raeli
Paolo Raeli

Don't tell me you love me. Not when we're quiet and tangled in bed sheets, not in the shadow of a porch light, and not in a silent car on the highway.

I want you to scream it. I want you to shout it from the open windows of your second floor bedroom. I want you to yell it at random strangers at the street. I want you to write it on your heart like a tattoo, sharp and permanent.

I want the world to know, in all the ways—in the smile on your face, the skip in your step, the way your eyes brighten when I walk in the room, the way you drunkenly gush about me in the bar on a Friday night—all the louds and softs.

Don't tell me you love me. But show me. In the way you reach for me, hold my hand, kiss me good morning, run your fingers across my back when I'm tired. In the way your body bends towards mine when we're kissing, sleeping, laughing. In the way your eyes travel over my body, stare into my eyes. In the way you carefully pick through the layers of my mind.

I want to know your love naturally, inherently, embedded into every fiber and cell and ribbon of thought. I want to fall into your love like a sigh, eyes closed, body relaxed, the absence of fear. So please don't tell me you love me, but yell it, scream it, embody it, become it.

I want to get lost in you. TC mark

Trump Watch, March 7th, 2016

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 04:44 PM PST

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 7.30.20 PM

Donald Trump made fun of Marco Rubio today in a new ad. He said Rubio had been ripping the government and the Republican Party off through double billing and unapproved driveway construction. He also says Rubio is a lazy Senator who hardly ever shows up for his job. Then, after all that, he tweeted out that Rubio is a low energy guy, a stab at the man’s virility after Rubio said Trump had “small hands” and Donald had to go on tv and defend the size of his manhood.

Somebody else on Twitter said that the video shows a picture of the House instead of the Senate which is probably a little embarrassing.

Donald also made a video today about Trump University and showed a bunch of hand-written reviews from people. He cited the Better Business Bureau and seemed really serious about it and a little hurt that people might have gotten the wrong idea.

Tonight at 7pm he’s doing a rally at Madison County School District in Madison, Mississippi. He’s got five planned for the month. The guy’s doing a lot of traveling, it seems. TC mark

This Is How You Find Real, Intoxicating, Beautiful Love

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 04:00 PM PST

Paolo Raeli
Paolo Raeli

The story is as old as time – boy meets girl, they fall in love, start a family, and live happily ever after. A story I’m certain our grandparents were apart of and maybe our parents had their own chapter as well.

Things have changed, however, and not in the favor of intimacy. Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Hot or Not, and similar sites have helped to destroy the innocence of pure intimacy. You can be anyone behind the screen of your phone, and the problem is we are often a different person than who we actually are, which leads to an awkward face-to-face meeting.

Messaging someone and saying "you're beautiful" and receiving a heart-eyed emoji in response ails in comparison to the unalloyed emotion expressed in a persons mind, body, and soul when those words go from your mouth straight to their heart.

I'm close with many people who use these sites and that's fine. I refuse to judge anyone for using these apps because the choice is theirs, and not everyone wants an old-fashioned, long-term relationship. I do, however, grow extremely impatient with the people who complain about the guy or girl who won't get serious after their first few Tinder-dates. Of course there is success stories, but let's face it, we all use tinder for on-demand affection. We're only human and we are using the resources at hand to fill our wants and needs as we always have – even if its mindless sex.

If you are seeking LOVE – the kind of love our grandparents found, the kind of love that is felt in the most precious and intimate parts of our hearts then you need to put yourself in real-life situations. To meet someone in a random place at a random time is the basis for every sappy love story. Cinderella didn't swipe right and meet Prince Charming now did she?

This is no easy task and if you are shy or even remotely self-conscious then it may seem almost impossible. Stepping out of your comfort zone is essential. You'll have to do things you said you would never do, talk to people you don't know, and just let what is going to happen, happen. Some things are out of our control, and love is one of those things. Our hearts feel what they feel and they are as stubborn as stubborn can be. Many people are scared to love because as beautiful as it is, it can all come crashing down and knock you down further then you've ever been.

If you are single and in your twenties then these are the "glory years" everyone talks about. Make spur of the moment decisions, talk to the girl you think you have no chance with, take risks, and don't be afraid to fail.

Love is a freight train, and when it is in motion there is no force that can stop it. It will be effortless; the want for each other will be intoxicating, consuming, and powerful. Don't wonder if he or she is the one; that question will answer itself. Just enjoy all of the beautiful things this loving relationship is giving you. After all, you finally have what you've been yearning for don't you? There is no feeling like the feeling of love, and if that is what you seek then stray far from mindless app hook-ups and go find your Cinderella or Prince Charming. TC mark

This Is How A Woman Gets A Man (According To Men)

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 03:00 PM PST

iStockPhoto.com / Leonardo Patrizi
iStockPhoto.com / Leonardo Patrizi

1. Just be you.

Be yourself. If you're acting all nervous and weird around us, we’re going to think that you talking to us is a joke or a dare or something.

— Max, 34


2. A good compliment is always the answer.

While I can’t speak for the entire male population, a good compliment is an excellent conversation starter. Say you like his tie, his suit, his hat, his eyes, his sneakers, I don’t know – something. Maybe try to find a common interest from there. Personally, I have tattoos, so any girl who approaches me about them already gets a thumb’s up in my book. If she has some, is thinking of getting one, or never wants one but appreciates them, there’s a terrific opener.

I also love it when a girl can hold a conversation and add substance to it. Don’t answer with one-word responses and then stand there awkwardly or continue to have me bombard with you questions as if it’s a job interview because you’re not keeping the dialogue going. I’m sure most guys go for a girl who doesn’t make the little things – like having a conversation – difficult.

— Caleb, 26


3. Grab life by the balls. Literally.

Walk up to him and just grab his balls. Just cup them. Aggressively. Then say 'MINE' in a strong, sexy voice. He's guaranteed yours if you do that.

— Matt, 23


4. Strike up a conversation.

From a guy’s standpoint, when a girl is really fun and sweet to talk to, that really hits things off. If you come up to a guy and start a conversation, he finds out what the two of you have in common and that makes a connection. Then you can build from there.

— Cam, 22


5. Be clear with what you want.

If you're at a bar, start dancing near him, then make eye contact and some gesture for him to dance with you. We never know if you actually want to dance with us or if you're just playing around so if we're clear on that it makes it so much easier.

— Christian, 24


6. Don’t be afraid to be honest.

If you’re feelin me, be clear. If you’re not, that’s fine. But don’t lead me on because that wastes everyone’s time. If you’re genuinely trying to talk to me or get to know me, be honest in our conversations. No, not a heart to heart but if you’re being genuine then I know talking to you is worth it.

— Allen, 22


7. Be aggressive.

Make the first move. You're the one approaching him?! That's sexy. He'll definitely be into you.

— Jordan, 25


8. Don’t bother with the bar.

I have yet to meet a girl who was genuinely interested in me at a bar. Who would actually walk up to a guy and start a conversation get to know the person, not to be all up on him, to not ask for his number and if the guy was feeling her, ball would be in his court.

I feel like at bars everyone seems to have an agenda. So if you’re really trying to get a guy, that might not be the best place.

— Jake, 25


9. Smile.

Smile. It’s that simple. A girl’s smile shows who she is and what she looks like when she’s happy, which is attractive. If you want to get a guy, then just smile. Sure, there’s other things too, like talk and open up and be real and all that, but when it comes down to it, if you’re a smiling, confident chick then getting a guy won’t be hard.

— Zak, 25


10. Be a stripper.

You want to get a guy? Be a stripper, they seem to be good at it!

— Jeremy, 24 TC mark

40 Impossibly Sweet ‘Perfect Couple’ Tweets That Will Tug At Your Heart Strings

Posted: 07 Mar 2016 02:15 PM PST

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.

26.

27.

28.

29.

30.

31.

32.

33.

34.

35.

36.

37.

38.

39.

40.

https://twitter.com/perfectcoupIes/status/696884506398076928 TC mark