Thought Catalog


28 Hilarious Tweets About Marriage That Might Be A Little Too Real

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 08:00 PM PDT

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.

26.

27.

28.

37 Awesomely Bad Jokes That Will Make You Pee Your Pants

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 07:00 PM PDT

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.


11.


12.


13.


14.


15.


16.


17.


18.


19.


20.


21.


22.


23.


24.


25.


26.


27.


28.


29.


30.


31.


32.


33.


34.


35.


36.


37.

TC mark

This Guy Who ‘Just Wanted To Chill’ With A Girl Really Can’t Take A Hint

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 06:00 PM PDT

Every guy has been there, from the most handsome to the, well, very, very ugly. You’re alone and you’ve had a bad day. It’s natural to want to reach out to someone and escape your troubles. This is a normal thing. It’s healthy.

The problem comes when you can’t accept that, for whatever reason, the girl just isn’t into you at all. In cases like that, you shouldn’t ever, say, respond forty times in a row proving that you’re not just a creep, you’re a horrible creep who absolutely isn’t planning on “raping” her like the following guy.

nifbX0p
via Imgur

Okay, he’s still doing okay here. Trying to explain himself a bit. Just don’t take it too far.

dehwnRv
via Imgur

He just took it too far.

obbKYPK
via Imgur

Woah! This is way past healthy at this point. We’re fast reaching restraining order territory.

B0ymhnq
via Imgur
FXQh7Z6g
via Imgur

He’s still open to chilling though.

w4fTHfOg
via Imgur

He’s so awesome that he understands why she’d be intimidated by him texting her repeatedly.

x6zguUM
via Imgur

PLEASE RESPOND!

fsePayX
via Imgur
4IuFENYg
via Imgur

Yeah, that last bit isn’t creepy at all. TC mark

42 Hilarious Church Memes Only Good Christians Will Relate To

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 05:00 PM PDT

1.

Instagram Photo


2.

Instagram Photo


3.

Instagram Photo


4.

Instagram Photo


5.

Instagram Photo


6.

Instagram Photo


7.

Instagram Photo


8.

Instagram Photo


9.

Instagram Photo


10.

Instagram Photo


11.

Instagram Photo


12.

Instagram Photo


13.

Instagram Photo


14.

Instagram Photo


15.

Instagram Photo


16.

Instagram Photo


17.

Instagram Photo


18.

Instagram Photo


19.

Instagram Photo


20.

Instagram Photo


21.

Instagram Photo


22.

Instagram Photo


23.

Instagram Photo


24.

Instagram Photo


25.

Instagram Photo


26.

Instagram Photo


27.

Instagram Photo


28.

Instagram Photo


29.

Instagram Photo


30.

Instagram Photo


31.

Instagram Photo


32.

Instagram Photo


33.

Instagram Photo


34.

Instagram Photo


35.

Instagram Photo


36.

Instagram Photo


37.

Instagram Photo


38.

Instagram Photo


39.

Instagram Photo


40.

Instagram Photo


41.

Instagram Photo


42.

Instagram Photo
TC mark

I Want The Kind Of Love Our Grandparents Had

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 04:00 PM PDT

wundervisuals
wundervisuals

I want an old fashioned love where we take things slow, where we don't dive right in and move at lightning speed. I want to go on dates; I want to figure out the person from what they tell me and what their behaviors show me, not by what they post on Instagram.

I want someone to ask me out on a date, a real date, not a "lets hang out" date. I want to spend hours getting ready and dance around my room with my friends. I want to have him pick me up at a certain time and have butterflies in my stomach as I walk to his car.

I want to sit down at a restaurant and have an actual, meaningful conversation. I don't want to gossip or talk about the latest trends, I want to talk about life and our backgrounds. I want to listen to the words he has to say as he sits across from me and I want him to do the same for me. I don't want to be competing with a phone for attention.

I want to take a walk afterwards because it goes so well. I want to walk along the streetlights, laughing and feeling hopeful thoughts in my head. I want him to drive me home after and walk me to the front door. I want to feel that sense of nerves wondering and hoping he will kiss me before he leaves, with no expectations of staying the night or hooking up.

But more than any of that, I want him to mean what he says when he brings me home. I want him to be honest if he had fun and I want him to mean it if he plans to talk to me soon.

I don't want to wait around for days on end, hoping he might text me or Tweet something about me. I want him to call me; I want to hear his voice. I don't want the games, I don't want the rules, I want honesty and I want him to be upfront.

And if it does go well and I do hear from him again, I want an old fashioned kind of love. I want him to walk to my house with flowers and surprise me just because, I want him to hold the door for me because it's the proper thing to do. I don't need loads of gifts, I don't need a "In A Relationship" post on Facebook, all I want is someone who is upfront and honest. Someone who doesn't make me question if they love me and if they want me around.

I want someone to bring me a care package just because I don't feel well. I want someone to plan surprise trips for us to go on. I want someone to do romantic things for me because those little things are what is important.

I want someone who will fight for us when things get rough and not just bolt at the first sign of hardship. I want someone who will talk through our problems and not let their frustration get the best of them. I want someone who won't just get up and walk out the door because problems are inevitable, but there is always a way to work to the solution.

And of all the wants I have, I also have a ton of love I want to give.

I want to make him coffee in the morning and cook breakfast for him. I want to surprise him with little romantic gestures as much as I want to be surprised. I want to take care of him when he's sick. I want to write him notes and call him when he's away. I want to do just as much for him, if not more, than he does for me.

I want someone who wants to love like our grandparents did because if I learned anything from them it's that they got it right. TC mark

Here Is How You Deserve To Love Yourself

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 03:00 PM PDT

Lulu Loverling
Lulu Loverling

We’ve always been busy looking for love, fighting for it or savoring it. Sometimes it gets too cloudy and we get so caught up in our own pursuits that we forget that the one person who helps us in making it all possible needs love as well and that’s no other than ourselves. We exert so much effort, attention and love for other people that sometimes we neglect ourselves, that we overlook the fact that as much as others need our love and our affection, we need it as well.

It’s not selfish to think that you need to love yourself. Because yes, there are wrong ways to love yourself, but there are a few ways to do it right. And I do believe that we all need to take time to love ourselves, to find contentment in the love we had for it, so that even though people would find it hard to love us, we know we’re loved, by our own and this is how we do it.

Love yourself with kindness. Positive kindness. Be kind to your heart, soul and body. To your heart, allow it to hurt once in a while but please don’t go to the extent of permanently damaging it. Let go of the things or people who continuously destroy it. Your heart is too delicate to experience that kind of suffering. To your soul, let it find inner peace. Let it free itself from all the worry and the troubles life causes. Fondle it with compassion. To your body, be good to it. Let everyone you let in love you for more than just your physical attributes. Preserve it for the right person. Loving yourself with kindness means you will be gentle with it, you will understand its needs and you will be always be there as your own friend.

Love yourself with patience. Life is not a time lapse. You have all the time in the world. Learn to be patient with yourself. It takes time to be where you want to be. Love yourself in a way that you will learn how to wait for its defining moment. In a way that you will allow delays, stopovers, and breaks. The kind of love that knows when you’re ready to fight or to quit. Love yourself in a way that you will understand that there will be times in your life where you’ll be good for nothing, times of victory, times of failure, times of struggle, times of breakthroughs – loving yourself with patience means knowing that you have your own timeline. You understand that you have your moments, your downfalls and you know that you should stay with yourself through all of it. That if you want that career, that house, that relationship, then it will surely take a lot of time and through that, you will be there, steadily supporting yourself. Loving yourself with patience means you’ll be there at those hopeless periods and also on those triumphant ones.

Love yourself with acceptance. True acceptance that you are not perfect and you’ll never be. Acceptance that you will never be someone else. That you might never have the prettiest face, sexiest body, or the most gorgeous hair. That you might never be richer than your college friend, that you’ll never have that better car or a bigger house than your office mate. Acceptance that there will always be those people who you think is "better" the way they are than you are. Acceptance that you have flaws, edges and imperfections. That you have shortcomings and that you’ll either be less or enough for someone. Loving yourself with acceptance means knowing that the most valuable thing is that you love every portion of yourself. You love your bad parts together with the good parts. You understand that you are a work in progress. You accept that in time, you might never be who you thought you would be, that you might only live a simple life and not have everything you ever wanted but have the things you needed. You accept that this is who you are, this is your life, that your flaws are perfectly crafted to make you who you’re meant to be. You accept the things you can and can’t do. You accept that whoever you are, you are beautiful. You are okay. You are fine.

Love yourself with trust. Trust on your skills, talents and abilities. Trust that you have the ample amount of resilience and capability to conquer each day, each battle that life has for you. Trust that eventually you’ll master the art of overcoming. Trust that you can and you will. Trust that you are so much stronger than you think. Trust that in time, you will be able to tell stories of victory over all the things you have won over. Trust that no matter how many waves shall come in an attempt to drown you; you will always elevate. You will always find yourself on the shore, still breathing, still soaring. Trust that you are firmer than what you feel, that the power in your hands is something you cannot even comprehend. Love yourself with trust, the kind of trust that you will not even doubt yourself because you know you can, you believe you can.

And most of all, love yourself with honesty. Be true to who you are, you owe yourself some decent amount of honesty. If you hate your course, shift. If you no longer prosper in your job, quit. If you don’t like a certain person, don’t lead them further, tell them you’re not interested. If you love someone, be honest, no matter how scary it is to admit you love them, be brave enough to make your love known. If you no longer like to be friends with someone, let them go. If you hate mocha frappe, stop drinking it. If you want to travel, book that flight now. If you want to write, draft something. If you like red velvet cakes, eat some. If you want some answers, ask for it, search for it. If you want a clean, peaceful life, you need to award yourself some honesty. There’s nothing wrong with being truthful. The truth will really set you free. You cannot imagine the change honesty can do with your life. Honesty can trigger a growth in your life, relationship, career and in your entire being. All you have to do is be honest, speak your heart. That’s how you love yourself with honesty.

Loving yourself is never easy, but you owe it to yourself to at least try. TC mark

Confessions Of A Single Girl Who Loves Love

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 02:00 PM PDT

Luke Gottlieb
Luke Gottlieb

You know those girls who hate Valentine’s Day because it will just reinforce the fact that they are #foreveralone? And those girls who scowl in disgust at any sort of PDA that they see?

That’s not me.

I’m the type of girl who embraces Valentine’s Day because it’s the day of love and who wouldn’t love that? I’m the type of girl who cries with happiness when a friend tells me she’s in love with her boyfriend. I’m the type of girl who will straight up stare at a couple across the street because they look so in love. I love to see people kissing, hugging and whispering sweet nothings to one another, as if no one else were on this earth. It is completely inspiring. And completely breathtaking. 

The older I have gotten, the more I have realized how precious, sacred and rare it is for two people to find one another at the right time and place and then to fall deeply in love.

It is nothing short of a miracle. And just because I haven’t found that miraculous connection yet, doesn’t mean I can’t celebrate other peoples’ miracles.

I am a single girl who loves love. And these are my confessions: I love to see love bloom right before my eyes. I love when I see a man looking into his partner’s eyes and knowing immediately how they feel about each other. I love seeing teenage couples and watching how their sweaty hands intertwine together in the hot summer heat. I love watching wedding videos on youtube where the groom falls to his knees when he sees his wife for the first time. I love watching new couples dance in the rain together, laughing as the water soaks their clothes without a care in the world. I love seeing couples on the train who don’t care if anyone sees them kissing. I love when I see men with flowers in their hands and a smile on their lips, ready to surprise their wives for no reason at all.

I’m a single girl who loves love. Because when I see love, I’m looking at my future. You see, it’s all about your perspective. You can look at couples and feel miserable about yourself, or you can look at couples and know that someday, that’s going to be you.

One day you’re going to be walking hand in hand with your boyfriend, and a girl on the street will smile when she sees you.

One day, you’re going to be on the train kissing him on the mouth and not giving a damn who sees. One day, you’re going to be the one dancing in the rain with the one you love and feel so happy you could fly. Love is nothing to scoff at or to roll your eyes at.  It’s the most sacred thing we have on this earth. And it’s the closest thing to magic that we could ever experience. TC mark

This Is How The 2016 Election Would End If Millennials Were The Only Voters

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 01:00 PM PDT

5-22
via Whatsgoodly

If young people were the only ones voting in the Democratic Primary then Bernie Sanders would win by a landslide but why? Let’s take a look at voter impressions by region and on the issues below.

How It Generally Breaks Down By School And Region

The Southern schools polled generally were more likely to be pro-Clinton while the West Coast and the Midwest leaned towards Sanders. Of the Northeastern school polled, it leaned slightly towards Clinton. Here’s a sample of colleges from across the country.

The South

SMU_Whatsgoodly_ThoughtCatalog
via Whatsgoodly
VanderbiltU_Whatsgoodly_Pie
via Whatsgoodly

The Midwest

UofWisconsinMadison_Whatsgoodly_Pie
via Whatsgoodly
UofIllinois_Whatsgoodly_Pie
via Whatsgoodly

The West Coast

UCBerkeley_Whatsgoodly_Pie
via Whatsgoodly

The Northeast

UPenn_Whatsgoodly_ThoughtCatalog
via Whatsgoodly

Here’s How Young Voters Felt About The Election And Candidates In More Detail

There are some surprises here. Nearly half of Sanders voters refuse to vote for Clinton in the general which isn’t terribly surprising given the Bernie or Bust movement. What’s very surprising is that Clinton voters feel the exact same way despite not having a hashtag for it. Data all via Whatsgoodly polling.

1. Nearly Half Of Sanders Voters Won’t Vote Clinton

“If Sanders doesn’t win the nomination what will you do?” 

(3,813 Overall Votes)

  • 53% – Vote for Clinton (2,040 votes)
  • 27% – Vote for Trump (because F it) (1,021 votes)
  • 11% – Vote for a third party (“go ahead, throw your vote away”) (421 votes)
  • 9% – Not vote and also leave the country forever (331 votes)

Male – 2,150 Total Votes

  • Vote for Clinton (968 votes)
  • Vote for Trump (because F it) (744 votes)
  • Vote for a third party (“go ahead, throw your vote away”) (265 votes)
  • Not vote and also leave the country forever (173 votes)

Female – 1,663 Total Votes

  • Vote for Clinton (1,072 votes)
  • Vote for Trump (because F it) (277 votes)
  • Vote for a third party (“go ahead, throw your vote away”) (156 votes)
  • Not vote and also leave the country forever (158 votes)

2. Nearly Half Of Clinton Voters Won’t Vote For Sanders

If Clinton doesn’t win the nomination what will you do?

(4,450 Overall Votes)

  • 54% – Vote for Sanders (2,420 votes)
  • 27% – Vote for Trump (because F it) (1,152 votes)
  • 10% – Vote for a third party (“go ahead, throw your vote away”) (475 votes)
  • 9% – Not vote and also leave the country forever (403 votes)

Male – 2,575 Total Votes

  • Vote for Sanders (1,264 votes)
  • Vote for Trump (because F it) (835 votes)
  • Vote for a third party (“go ahead, throw your vote away”) (288 votes)
  • Not vote and also leave the country forever (188 votes)

Female – 1,875 Total Votes

  • Vote for Sanders (1,156 votes)
  • Vote for Trump (because F it) (317 votes)
  • Vote for a third party (“go ahead, throw your vote away”) (187 votes)
  • Not vote and also leave the country forever (215 votes)

3. Clinton Voters Less Concerned About Her Being A Woman And More Focused On Experience

“If you’re pro-Clinton what appeals to you most about her?”

(2,526 Overall Votes)

  • 13% – Her career focus on women's issues (332 votes)
  • 37% – Her experience as a Senator and Secretary of State (932 votes)
  • 22% – She’s the best candidate to defeat the GOP (564 votes)
  • 28% – The idea that she’s the candidate that can actually get stuff done (698 votes)

Male – 1,393 Total Votes

  • Her career focus on women's issues (143 votes)
  • Her experience as a Senator and Secretary of State (525 votes)
  • She’s the best candidate to defeat the GOP (330 votes)
  • The idea that she’s the candidate that can actually get stuff done (395 votes)

Female – 1,133 Total Votes

  • Her career focus on women's issues (189 votes)
  • Her experience as a Senator and Secretary of State (407 votes)
  • She’s the best candidate to defeat the GOP (234 votes)
  • The idea that she’s the candidate that can actually get stuff done (303 votes)

4. Democrats Aren’t Pleased With The Candidates This Year 

“Democratic voters, do you like this year’s Presidential choices overall?”

(6,301 Overall Votes)

  • 7% – Yes, they’re great (423 votes)
  • 21% – They’re okay (1,331 votes)
  • 27% – They’re pretty weak (1,713 votes)
  • 45% – Worst in my lifetime (2,834 votes)

Male – 4,474 Total Votes

  • Yes, they’re great (309 votes)
  • They’re okay (878 votes)
  • They’re pretty weak (1,228 votes)
  • Worst in my lifetime (2,059 votes)

Female – 1,827 Total Votes

  • Yes, they’re great (114 votes)
  • They’re okay (453 votes)
  • They’re pretty weak (485 votes)
  • Worst in my lifetime (775 votes)

5. Sanders Voters Love His Independence More Than Anything Else

“If you’re pro-Sanders what appeals to you most about him?”

(2,980 Overall Votes)

  • 16% – Universal public college (481 votes)
  • 11% – Single-payer healthcare (315 votes)
  • 15% – His plan to bring jobs back to the states correctly (454 votes)
  • 58% – The impression (fact?) that he can’t be bought (698 votes)

Male – 1,801 Total Votes

  • Universal public college (259 votes)
  • Single-payer healthcare (203 votes)
  • His plan to bring jobs back to the states correctly (234 votes)
  • The impression (fact?) that he can’t be bought (1,105 votes)

Female – 1,179 Total Votes

  • Universal public college (222 votes)
  • Single-payer healthcare (112 votes)
  • His plan to bring jobs back to the states correctly (220 votes)
  • The impression (fact?) that he can’t be bought (625 votes)

6. Even Clinton Voters Trust Sanders The Most

“Democratic voters, who do you trust to try and do what they say?”

(5,314 Overall Votes)

  • 40% – Sanders (2,107 votes)
  • 17% – Clinton (941 votes)
  • 13% – Trump  (665 votes)
  • 30% – I’m not a Democrat (1,601 votes)

Male – 3,123 Total Votes

  • Sanders (1,244 votes)
  • Clinton (411 votes)
  • Trump  (528 votes)
  • I’m not a Democrat (940 votes)

Female – 2,191 Total Votes

  • Sanders (863 votes)
  • Clinton (530 votes)
  • Trump  (137 votes)
  • I’m not a Democrat (661 votes) TC mark

Survey results produced by Whatsgoodly.Download the App for iOS here and Android here.