Thought Catalog


40 Boner Inducing Texts That’ll Convince Him To Eat You Out Tonight

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 08:00 PM PDT

LookCatalog.com
LookCatalog.com

1. I love your dick, but it’s your tongue’s turn to get me off tonight.

2. If you give me oral, I’ll let you do anal.

3. I’m running a vibrator over my clit, but I’m imagining your tongue.

4. I’m dripping wet. I want you to get a taste of me.

5. How hard do you think you’ll get once you feel me orgasm against your lips?

6. Your chores for tonight: Eat me out, fuck me, and cuddle me.

7. I want to play with your hair while your tongue plays with my pussy.

8. I’m trying to pick an outfit for tonight. Which dress do you want to stick your head under later?

9. Work is so boring. I wish you were under my desk, eating me out.

10. I’m dying to feel your tongue against my lips. No, not those lips.

11. I’m wearing crotchless underwear, so it’ll be easy for you to eat me out tonight.

12. I can’t stop fantasizing about wrapping my legs around your neck and squeezing them tight as I orgasm.

13. My pussy misses your mouth.

14. I’ll make you something delicious to eat tonight if you promise to eat me out. Deal?

15. Shut up. There’s only one thing I want you to use your mouth for tonight.

16. Last week was blowjob week, because I had my period. So I think this week should be cunnilingus week.

17. I’ll watch your show with you tonight, as long as you eat me out during the commercials.

18. I want to feel your tongue make its way down my stomach and into my pussy.

19. I was daydreaming about the last time you went down on me, and now I’m dripping wet.

20. When I imagine your lips, oral is all I can think about.

21. Get over here. Get your head in between my legs. And get me off.

22. Do you think you can make me orgasm without using your hands?

23. I’ve been thinking about all the things your tongue can do, and now my pussy is throbbing,

24. By the time you get here, my jeans will be off and my legs will be spread.

25. I want to fuck you, but first, I want you to eat me out, so I’m even wetter than usual.

26. I bet you can’t make me orgasm as hard as you did the last time you ate me out. Are you up for the challenge?

27. I had a rough day. Your tongue is the only thing that can make it all better.

28. You’re not allowed to fuck me until you eat me out. Those are the rules.

29. If you get me off, I’ll get on top and ride you.

30. I’m horny as fuck. Are you ready to fix that?

31. If you go down on me now, I just might return the favor after I orgasm.

32. I want your dick in my mouth. And your mouth on my pussy. Ready to 69?

33. Nothing turns me on more than looking down and seeing your head in between my legs.

34. You’re the only one who can get me off from oral.

35. Are you going to eat me out tonight or am I going to have to do something naughty to convince you?

36. The only thing I want more than my mouth on your mouth is your mouth on my clit.

37. My hands don’t feel half as good as your tongue does.

38. I can’t orgasm without seeing your gorgeous eyes looking up at me.

39. You’re sexiest when you’re moaning into my pussy.

40. Just a head’s up: You’re eating me out tonight. Those are orders. TC mark

Your Life Doesn’t Need A Happily-Ever-After To Be A Damn Good Story

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 07:00 PM PDT

Lookcatalog.com
Lookcatalog.com

We all get hung up on finding happily-ever-afters.

After all, we were practically raised on them.

Every film, every storybook, every plotline we consumed growing up faded out in the same way: the two characters you loved best got together. Their problems dissolved. There were never any more moving forward.

They lived 'happily ever after.'

And so we started believing that our own stories would end that way too.

Of course, we all moved on from this mindset at some point. We all recognized that fairytales aren't valid, that we are not damsels in distress, and that they concept of 'happily-ever-after' is a whole lot more complicated than we assumed it to be.

And yet some part of us still always seems to be searching for it.

We look for airtight resolutions to all of our problems. For peace to follow every disruption. For our stories to tie up neatly and cleanly before we can move on to our next major chapter or plot point.

We still want those happily-ever-afters. We just don't always recognize them as such.

But this mindset can ultimately trip us up. Because in real life, stories don't always come with happy endings.

Sometimes in the end, we lose the person we wanted to spend our lives with. We can't save the person we wanted to save. We work endlessly to accomplish something that our whole heart and soul is invested in, and still fail. We still come up short.

These occurrences shake us – because they veer off script from the 'happily ever after' we had planned out.

And yet we never pause to consider that maybe that our stories were never actually meant to end happily.

Maybe we were mistaking our lives for romcoms or dramas when they were just meant to be stories about strength. About reinvention. About coming back from what we thought we couldn't come back from and moving forward in a brave new way.

Because here is the truth about grown-up stories: the best ones don't always end happily.

They end truthfully. They end honestly. They end in a way that highlights and sympathizes with the core of what it means to be human.

The best stories don't take us away to a magical world where everything works out for everyone. The best stories bring us back to this world. They teach us how to cope with the sometimes harsh realities of living in it.

But as long as we are tirelessly searching for happy endings, we're never going to see those lessons. We're never going to allow ourselves to accept and grow from them.

The truth is, we all get so stuck on the conclusions we penned in our minds that we forget to just let our stories unfold.

Maybe you don't understand the ending because you simply haven't reached it yet.

Because you're mistaking chapter ten for chapter twenty or thirty, and you still have pages and pages left to live through.

Maybe at the end of the story you end up alone. Maybe you end up with someone else. Maybe you end up somewhere you couldn't possibly imagine from where you're standing now.

Maybe there are twelve thousand opportunities for alternate happy endings sitting right in front of you but you won't entertain them because you're so hopelessly hung up on the one you didn't get.

Maybe you could be perfectly happy with the ending that you did get, if you'd let yourself.

Or if you'd simply stop to realize, after all of this time, that you’ve been the one holding the pen all along.TC mark

39 Men Answer ‘What Makes A Girl Crazy?’

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 06:00 PM PDT

iStockPhoto.com / Ondine32
iStockPhoto.com / Ondine32

Found on R/AskReddit

1. Forever secretary?

I know one girl who still checked her ex boyfriend’s email 4 years after they broke up. I guess he never changed his password.

2. They should’ve started a religion!

My friend was dating a girl for a couple of months when she told him that she was pregnant and he was the father. He broke up with her after that because…they had never had sex.

3. Hardcore stalker

Went on a date with her, she was a super nice girl and …. okay …. in the looks department. I mean, I had fun on the date, but wasn’t attracted to her. Didn’t plan on a second.

One day she calls, and I answer because, what the hell. She asked what I was doing tonight, and the “She wants to know if we can go on a second date,” bell starts going off. I told her I had plans, which I legitimately did. “Plans doing what?”

“Uhhh… having dinner with my family and close friends.”

Long story short, she just showed up. And when she showed up, she didn’t say hi. Just stood behind my chair and stared. I had no idea she was there because my back was to the door. When dinner ended, she asked what I was doing then. I flat out told her that I was going home. She followed me home. Told her to leave, and never spoke to her again.

Creepiest goddamn thing in dating yet.

4. Intense “tattoo” art?

My roommate in college was dating a guy and he would often spend nights at our place. All of a sudden he stopped coming around. I asked her what happened to him and she said that she found out he had a crush on me. I asked how she knew and she informed me that he had carved MY name into his arm.

5. Not the best gift giver?

Showing up at a Donut Shop two months after the breakup to give you an anniversary gift, and it’s a gun rack.

6. Casting spells, or just crazy?

Waiting until everyone’s asleep, and then talking to herself in multiple voices, giggling sporadically.

Freaked my friend right the hell out.

7. Just having the eyes, man

Crazy eyes. I’m talking about you can see her entire iris and it looks like she’s trying to keep her eyes open as wide as possible. Something about it just makes them seem dead inside…

8. How can you turn this down?

I had a girl come up to me once at a party and tell me she hadn’t changed her panties in a week and would let me “do anal on her.”

Never spoke to her in my life before. She was a friend of a friend. I kindly turned down her offer.

9. Plz plz no

Talking about kid names at week 2.

NOPE….

10. Comparing sizes

Taking about the size of the dicks of the guys they’ve been with. As if thats somehow going to impress me or make me competitive.. Has happened to me twice

11. More dick-related stuff

I once had a girl go into great detail, while at dinner on our first date, about how her last two ex’s had huge penises and while she liked it she was always very sore for a few days after. She then told me she was happy she was out with a “normal” guy.

The thing is, she had never seen or felt mine and had no information about it at all. She hadn’t even asked me how big it was. She was just assuming, by looking at me, that I had a small penis.

12. Talking about ex’s is weird

For me when they mention any ex at all. Once or twice is fine. If it’s a funny story, go for it, I have a good sense of humour. But when it’s “don’t do that, my ex never did that” or, ” my ex does this so you should do it like that.” Yeah go back to him cheating and verbally abusing you then.

13. WTF is wrong with people

I remember a goth chick way back in jr high who used to try giving herself tattoos in class. She’d dip a sewing needle into ink and stab along her arm all through class. Tried talking to her asking if she was alright, but she kept going on about how cool it was and I really didn’t want her to try stabbing me with it (she asked if I wanted one when I saw her doing it).

Later on she used the same needle and would sew thread throughout her hand and arm. Seeing this actually made me pretty nauseous and thankfully our teacher finally noticed. I also noticed specks of blood on her desk afterwards and the janitor wiped it down with water and a paper towel.

14. This is just stupid

Girls that look to add you to their collection

“Oh, I’ve never been with a tall guy/black guy/uber driver before”.

I had someone try to sleep with me strictly because she had slept with my twin brother, and “wanted to complete the set.” Gross, Jill. Gross

15. Speaking in tongues 

I met a girl at a bar one night and she gave me her number. I called the next day and we made plans for the weekend. We went to dinner and had a few drinks while listening to the band. The night was getting on and we decided to head back to her place.

Things got quiet during the car ride when out of nowhere she turned to me and said in a deep voice, ” Your mother’s name is Dorothy and you are the antichrist.” I immediately asked, “what?” Her reply was, “oh sometimes I just say weird things.” My moms name is Dorothy. Tldr; I may be the antichrist.

16. R u even human?

Randomly meowing like a cat. Had a girl do this all the time and I never knew how to respond.

17. Separation is okay!

if she keeps texting you every 5 minutes since you didn’t answer.

18. S-E-P-A-R-A-T-I-O-N

I was dating a cheerleader in college, and then I transferred and we kept dating. I would always complain about her, and when she visited, she was super nice and friendly to my whole social circle. So all my friends liked her and thought I was just being mean.

When were in a group, she called, and I didn’t answer. And I told them to pay attention to my phone. She called 15 times in a row (which was common). We were drinking, so we kinda made an impromptu drinking game out of it, my friends finally saw where I was coming from.

19. Interesting decorations

Horse posters. Stay away from the ones with horse posters.

20. Knives for teeth?

Once made out with one at a party and somehow cut my cheek. She didn’t have braces and she sliced my cheek from the inside.

21. Just f*cking nuts

Her stalking the guy all the way to the mall where he was having lunch with his mother and friends after she just threatened to tell his entire family that he “raped her” if he ever tried to break up with her. This was only one of the many stunts she pulled. That girl was absolutely nuts.

Man, with friends like these, I don’t need to bother with watching daytime television. I got all the drama I need right here.

22. STOP

When she says, “I went through your phone last night…who’s mom?”

23. She be creepin’

Creeping through your phone/FB inbox. With my wife, I’m an open book; she knows my passwords and has access to all of that stuff. But she never goes through it because she’s not an insecure mess.

My ex OTOH, I never gave her any of my passwords because I didn’t trust her. She creeped through my computer a few times when I was asleep. There’s no need for that even though I have nothing to hide. Just let me have some privacy, and trust me.

24. C-R-A-Z-Y

When I caught her in the bathroom after a bj rubbing my wad into her pussy. I assumed she was just spitting it out in the sink and cleaning up. Nope. She was 35 and really wanted a baby before “it was too late”

25. Weird quotes

If they use that quote “if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you don’t deserve me at my best”, I can guarantee you they’re a fucking whack job.

26. Getting in our business 

Getting too touchy or even trying to kiss you when you’re not interested. I mean, what the fuck, if a dude did that they’d be accused of sexual assault, but some women just don’t see it as wrong.

27. Breaking and entering

Crazy girl I dated once broke into my pad when I wasn’t there and touched a bunch of my shit and went through things. She tried to make-up some excuse about forgetting her key, but she failed to acknowledge I had locked the doors.

Turns out she stole my housekey, made a copy of her own, then came around when I wasn’t there to chill. I only went out with her a couple times, but since I tapped it she somehow figured my shit was now her’s!

28. More animal stuff

One of my exes (God, that feels awkward saying) would hide under her bed when emotionally distressed (she was also a cutter to make things worse)and one time the police had to pull her out. She was reported hissing and growling at the officers like a cat during the event.

She had also hidden a vial filled with her blood and her ex’s (she had some very serious problems) under the bed as well. She apparently had a lot of stuff from her ex (and myself after we broke up) that she stashed throughout her room for safe keeping.

29. Wowowowowow

I had a buddy, his ex tried to poison him by putting windshield wiper fluid in his ice cubes. He was a day laborer and drank tons of water. He started to put it together when the water tasted funny all the time and he kept getting bad headaches.

30. Watching me from her car

I was seeing a girl for a bit… Nothing exclusive… A month or two in, she gives me the we should be exclusive talk. I don’t think I can see someone who sees other women. I told her that I liked her, but I wasn’t really looking for anything monogamous. Same story that I’ve given her from the start. So she leaves my house in tears. Ends things. So I was disappointed because she was nice, but I understood her position too, but I didn’t want to budge on mine either. Fast forward the next day and I haven’t answered her texts. I get a text that says, I left something at your door… So I’m like WTF? She left a card, and a journal since I write music. Super sweet gift. I messaged her back, asking hey? why didn’t you ring the door bell and come in? And she’s like well I didn’t think you’d want to see me or talk to me anymore… bla bla bla…

So we spend the next two hours re-hashing the few months we spent together. I decide to go jump in the pool for an hour and chill. Come back out, and my phone is filled with texts. But now it’s filled with pictures of my house! I’m like WTF is this? I was in the pool, whats going on? And she was like, I never went home after I dropped off the gift. I’m parked across the street.

Creeped me the fuck out. I invited her in. She gave me the I don’t care if you see other people and I ended it there. It was super creepy. For a few hours she was parked outside my house, talking to me, rather than coming in and having a talk… That sealed it for me…

31. Goodbye, then.

Had a girl talk to herself in the bathroom mirror at 2 in the morning about her day because “I didn’t give her enough attention.”

32. That’s awkward

Smearing menstrual blood on her face.

33. A little too horny

There’s this girl in my graduate classes—god damnit. She will send me texts in the middle of our 4 our classes telling me how much she needs to masturbate. Or maybe sometimes just describing the erotic fan fiction she is reading. Or asking me to tell her a dirty joke late at night. Or randomly sending me emojis about drinking cum (eggplants and the like). Or making a face like she wants to suck my dick EVERY TIME she leave my apartment. Jesus, just stop already, I’m not into it.

34. Jesus…

writing you a letter in their period blood telling you they want your baby. bar seems to be set a bit high for women than men but that did it for me

35. Please let this be fake.

I currently work (occasionally) with this really socially awkward girl. Being socially awkward isn’t a big deal. But when we’re in the office together, she sits in a corner on the ground in fetal position, lies on the ground all huddled up, and other odd things. She has walked to a set of curtains and wrapped it around herself like a cocoon in front of around 14 people who were in the room with us at the same time, told a colleague that he should cut off half his face because it would be cool, told the same colleague that she wants to jump off the building and stab herself in the stomach (but she doesn’t want to die), asked multiple people what they would do if she punched them in the face (she couldn’t hurt a fly because she is so damn scrawny).

She also states that she can’t eat meat because before her dietary choice of only eating potatoes (no meat, fish, processed food, soy, legumes, grains or bread) after eating meat, 2-3 weeks later, she would feel sick. (I’m pretty sure her body would have processed the meat long before she would feel ill, but she “knows things” about her body). Though she says she doesn’t eat processed foods, she buys these food bars off the internet and eats them. Bars of food do not grow on goddamn trees in perfectly rectangular prisms you daft girl!

We live in the same building and I was came back home in the late evening, and found her sitting on the ground in the dark. All I saw was her pasty white face in the darkness like some ghost. Apparently the neighbours saw her there too. She had found a stray cat and named it and was just sitting there in the dark petting it. (I like cats too, but I don’t act as creepy as she does.) She took the cat in despite the building not allowing pets. It’s a running joke among colleagues that everyone should make sure they lock their doors because she’d probably kill you in your sleep if she had the chance and her explanation/defense would be “But the cat told me to do it.”

She shows up to social gatherings like movie nights and brings cat hair covered cookies for her potluck contribution. Then she proceeds to wrap herself in a blanket she brings with her and sleeps in her cocoon state. We’ve been hoping that she just stops coming to events we invite her to out of obligation. Also the hope of her coming out of her blanket cocoon as normal person after a metamorphosis would be nice.

36. lowkey

I had a girl collect my hair once.

37. Imaginary sexual tension

When she comes up to you at a party and starts talking about the (non-existent) “undeniable sexual tension” between us, and how this party was a great place for everyone to relieve their sexual tension. I noped the fuck out of that conversation in record time.

It’s probably worth noting that I had only really talked to her once before when we were both in a group on 10 or so people playing drinking games at college. She was fairly flirty and made a couple of advances which I did not reciprocate, because I was seeing someone at the time, and made that quite clear.

38. Weird small talk

When you jokingly say you like spoons and she follows you around campus for four years, almost never talking to you or acknowledging your waves—except occasionally to ask if you “remember that we both like spoons a lot.”

39. hello, it’s me.

When I was in college, a girl in one of my art seminar classes had a crush on me. Somehow she found out where I lived on campus and one day when I looked out my window, she was standing outside staring at me. TC mark

I’m Ready To Risk Opening My Heart For The Possibility Of Us

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 05:15 PM PDT

marishkakuroedova
marishkakuroedova

I wasn't expecting to meet anyone. For 7 months, I didn't want anything to do with the chaotic and ruinous world of dating. After all, my last breakup had left me jaded, emotionally exhausted, and a bit apathetic about romantic love in general. "It's all just a ruse based on cheesy-ass, saccharine romantic comedies starring Rachel McAdams, and I want out!!", I'd grumble to myself as I buried my head in work.

I brushed off well-meaning friends who offered to set me up. I cavalierly shrugged away suggestions of joining Bumble. I listened with detached bemusement about my single friend's dating exploits. After all, romantic involvement with men was something I was actively trying to avoid, kind of like mononucleosis at Summer Camp; I was content just meandering off into the woods on my own, metaphorically speaking.

But then, I met someone. He was kind and considerate to friends as well as to total strangers. He had annoyingly disarming warmth and generosity of spirit. He was genuine and honest, with no pretenses. And–hey!!–He had an affinity for all things Bruce Lee that was parallel to my own nerdy admiration. He hadn't been looking for anyone either; he was seemingly just as resigned about relationships as I was. And yet, here we were.

Sometimes we just need that one person to inspire us to dig a little deeper, to be truly honest with ourselves, and to shove aside the bullsh*t of the past in order to be present in the moment.

At first, we feel all those old feelings of fear and anxiety well up inside. We are guarded. We are cautious. After all, we've been down the path before of falling head-over-heels for someone, only to get unceremoniously drop-kicked to the curb.

But also, we feel hopeful. We feel excited. We feel the earnest spark to connect with another human being again, and the ardent desire to see where it may lead us. I think I've always been a bit overly cautious. I grew up with strict and overprotective parents who would warn me of all the inherent dangers of Living While Female. They would inform me of all the malicious perils lurking around every corner, just waiting to snatch me up and carry me away into the dark night. Because of their well-meaning but ultimately inhibiting values they impressed upon me, I grew to become fearful.

I learned to not take risks. I was instilled with the belief that you had to play it safe, to not let your guard down, to abide by all the rules and to color within the goddamn lines. This mentality would later seep into my love life, enabling me to build those proverbial walls around myself and protect my heart.

Perhaps that will always be my knee-jerk reaction, my 1st initial impulse. But as time goes by, I realize how truly damaging that is; sure, I'll never lose if I close myself off from getting hurt….but I'll never win either. Nothing in life that is valuable and meaningful comes easy. It's f*cking frightening to lay open my bare self in all it's messy, complicated and often inelegant glory. But life is short. One day this will all be over, and I don't want to choose to live in fear and regret.

I've come to realize that I don't want to settle for playing it safe anymore, because that's cowardice.

To be open-hearted requires courage, and while it feels terrifying to be so vulnerable, I'm choosing to take a chance on the possibility of love instead of hiding away. And that in turn, can only help me to learn and grow.

We've all had our hearts stomped on. We've all felt the mind-numbing pain and had the ugly-crying jags and experienced the gut-wrenching agony of losing someone we had once pinned all our hopes and dreams on. But we eventually learn to pick up the pieces and we begin again.

Because we soon learn that the love and acceptance that we want to give to someone else is in actuality just the love and acceptance that we feel ready to give to ourselves.

It's then that we realize we are ready to move on to a new chapter in our lives, to forgive ourselves for the mistakes of our past, and to embrace the journey to come. So with renewed hope in our hearts, we take those tentative steps forward again, because really, what's the alternative? Let fear immobilize us as Life and Love pass us by? An Obit that reads "Well, at least she tried…but not really?"

Thanks, but no thanks. I know I'm stronger than that, and worth so much more. I'm ready to be courageous and to take a chance. To do anything less would be a disservice to myself. Lastly, what happened with that special guy, you ask?

I told him calmly and confidently what I am seeking at this point in my life. That I am ready to take a risk with opening my heart to the possibility of us. That yes, I am a vulnerable, emotional and passionate human who is far from f*cking perfect, but will give her all and do her best anyway.

In the end, that's all we can ever do. Well, I am happy to report that he is also open to seeing where this goes; I'll keep you posted here. I feel pretty assured and at ease because I've made my intentions known clearly. There's freedom in allowing myself to be open to adventures and discovery, instead of trying to quarantine myself from getting hurt all the time.

I'm going all the way in, and I'm hopeful that he will join me.

Whatever happens though, I know I'm going to be fine, either way. Yes, my parents warned me about being carried away into the dark night, into the vast unknown…but this time, I will go willingly. TC mark

7 Signs You’re Acting Desperate and Clingy

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 05:00 PM PDT

Emmanuel Rosario
Emmanuel Rosario

I know we're all adults here and we theoretically know that acting desperate and needy for someone's attention is unattractive. The problem is that acting needy isn't something that anyone sets out to do intentionally, so we're all likely to say to ourselves "well that isn't me. I just love them SO MUCH."

Well…it's a trap.

Usually people don't realize they're doing it until the person they're dating sits them down and ends the relationship or worse, ghosts them completely. Even then, it can be a total mystery why the relationship fell apart. Whether they realized it or not, at some point the relationship got off balance and started giving off super insecure vibes.

Here are 7 signs that you've got to stop the cling routine before it's too late:

1. You Pre-Clear Off Your Schedule

Because you expect them to be available at a certain day or time, you block it off without having set plans. While this seems good on the surface—after all, you're making time for someone—the problem is that it becomes highly likely that you're neglecting your own passions, people and hobbies. Make time by mutual agreement, not because you're holding out a catcher's mitt for their attention.

2. You Dwell, Analyze and Worry About Everything They Say and Do

Since fear is uncomfortable and can make us feel out of control, sometimes we fight to gain control by analyzing everything that goes on, believing that if we understand it, we could change it. Unfortunately, this over-analysis usually causes us to say and do things that seem even more insecure, because we're dwelling on all of it so heavily.

3. You've Come to Subtly View their Time With Other People as Competition

Getting jealous a lot? Pissed off that he's spent an hour on the phone with his brother? Getting bent out of shape over the fact that they're spending time with other people is a sign that you're getting clingy. It's a huge mistake to give in to these feelings and give your partner a hard time about the time they spend with others. It just makes you look (and feel) controlling and unattractive to them.

4. They Actually Mention That They Aren't Getting Enough Time to Themselves

If your partner is actually asking you to back off, then for heaven's sake, BACK OFF. For any relationship to thrive, both people need the opportunity to rest and recharge away from each other. You can't make them love you more by trying to spend every waking moment with them. You've got to give the relationship space to breathe.

5. You Shower Them with Unreciprocated Gifts and Praise

Because you're feeling off balance, it can be tempting to overcompensate by trying to give them everything in an attempt to show them how much you care about them and the relationship. When they're backing away, it can feel like the right move to try to draw closer.

6. When They Don't Reciprocate, You Feel Resentful

If you were honest with yourself, it would become clear that you're giving to get something back from them, be it gifts, praise or simply their attention. This kind of conditional giving is not a good look and you already know that, but often we do this without consciously intending to.

The test for whether you're giving too much is this: does it feel like there's give and take in your relationship or does it feel like you're doing all of the giving? If it's the latter, you're probably giving to get, out of a sense of fear or insecurity about the relationship's future.

7. You're Chasing a Bigger Commitment and They Aren't Forthcoming About Wanting That

When we feel insecure and worry that someone is pulling away from us, often we try to pursue them for reassurance that they'll never leave us—in insecure behavior and attitude that causes them to want to leave us. TC mark

This post originated on Attract the One.

It’s The Smallest Things You Do That Turn Me On

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 04:15 PM PDT

Emily & Steve Photography
Emily & Steve Photography

“I want to make you feel good,” you whisper, mouth close enough to almost kiss. You lean back in bed and I fall forward.

Baby, I’m always falling for you.

There’s something new here that, sometimes, feels scary to put into words. You ask me what I want and I don’t know if it’s appropriate to throw my hands in the air and shout, “YOU, YOU, YOU!”

Would you run? Would you flee?

Is it grossly predictable to admit I’m turned on by the mere thought of you?

You lightly bite my neck and I’m ready to explode.

You. You. You. It’s you. I’m turned on because it’s you.

It’s in the smallest things you do. The way you say my name, slowly. The way you draw out each syllable. The way you use my full name, something I haven’t been called in years. I listen as each letter sits on your tongue and I imagine how they must feel in your mouth.

It’s the way you sigh at the end of a long day. When you are tired and complaining about your boss, and all I want is to take the stress away. The magic in your eyes never dulls, even when you’re exhausted. It keeps shining.

Honestly, do you even know how attractive you are?

It’s the way you smell when you hold me close. It’s your overwhelming kindness to me, to your family, to strangers in the grocery store.

You turn me on when you aren’t even intending to.

Whenever you look at me, I can feel it. It’s your smile when you know I’m about to kiss you. It’s your laugh when I say something absurdly stupid. It’s your arms wrapping around my waist when I wake from a nightmare and, suddenly, I feel safe again.

Every little thing you do turns me on.

My love, you’re the sexiest and you don’t even see it. I want you as soon as I see you. I want you because you’re you.

I’ll always want you because you’re you. TC mark

Your Ideal First Date, Based On Your College Major

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 04:00 PM PDT

Twenty20, sangria
Twenty20, sangria

Your college major is a huge part of who you are. Not only does it determine what you’re going to be doing for the rest of your life, but it says a lot about your personality, too. Here’s your ideal first date, based on what you chose to major in.

English

You’ve read so many books about romance that your expectations are sky high. You’d love to or make-out while riding in a hot air balloon or have a picnic beside a waterfall. Of course, you’re aware that real life isn’t a fairy tale, which is why you’d be happy just going to a bookstore and browsing. You just don’t want your date to feed you any corny lines about how beautiful your eyes are. You want them to weave together sincere words to give you unique compliments, because you can’t stand cliches.

Foreign Language

You like to try new things, which is why you’d be happiest going on a date in an area you’ve never actually seen before. You want to visit a sushi restaurant on the other side of town or hear a poetry reading at a little cafe that you’ve never even heard of. Of course, you wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to see a black and white film with subtitles, either. The more obscure, the better.

Music

You might think that a concert would be your best bet, but it’ll be hard to have a serious conversation when you have to scream over a crowd. It’ll be just as hard to talk when you see a live orchestra, because you won’t want to interrupt the silence. That’s why you’d have the most fun at a karaoke bar. You could get up on stage, the place where you feel the most comfortable, and do a duet. Singing Sonny and Cher together while staring dreamily into each other’s eyes is the perfect way to test your chemistry.

History

You love to learn, which is why you’ll have the most fun walking through a museum together, holding hands and discussing the origin of paintings and sculptures. The more information your date knows about the exhibits you see, the more turned-on you’ll be. You have a thing for brainy types. That’s why you might even invite them back to your place, so you can make love while a documentary plays in the background.

Psychology

It doesn’t really matter where you go for your date. You’d be just as happy taking a walk around the block together as you would going to a fancy restaurant, as long as it meant you’d get the chance to talk one-on-one about life, the universe, and everything. You’re not the type to chitchat about the weather or the latest celebrity who overdosed. You want to skip straight to the “real” stuff. What does your date think of aliens? Or the afterlife? Or the lingering gender stereotypes that plague modern society? If those deep questions get answered, you’ll consider the date a success.

Athletic Training

You don’t want to be stuck in a stuffy diner, loading up on carbs. Your ideal date would consist of playing tennis together, taking a canoe ride, or going to a rock climbing gym. It doesn’t really matter what you two do, as long as it gets your blood pumping and allows you to show off your skills. You live an active lifestyle, and need someone who’s okay with that.

Political Science

You care more about your date’s opinions than their looks, because you want someone who can match you intellectually. That’s why your ideal first date would consist of having a three course meal while engaging in in-depth conversations about the state of the economy. If your date admits that they’re a republican when you’re a democrat, it’ll be clear you’re not going to have a future together. Things like that matter to you, so you might as well learn their political stances right away, before you fall for them.

Accounting

You’re good with your money, which is why you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars by bringing your date to the bar. You’d rather do something that doesn’t cost you any cash, like take a walk around the park or see a free concert in your town. You want someone who’s just as good at budgeting as you are, and doesn’t need to go on high class dates to be happy.

Computer Science

You don’t have to leave the house in order to have a good time. You’d be happy cooking for your date at home and then playing video games with them on your big screen. Sure, you’re about as smart as they come, but you’re a kid at heart, too. That’s why there’s nothing you want to do more than challenge your date to a game of Mario Kart. Of course, a quick trip to Dave & Buster’s would be a blast, too.

Business

You can’t help it. You like to flash your money around. That’s why you’d be happiest on a date at a five-star restaurant or at the sold out concert that was almost impossible to get tickets to. You want to live a life of luxury, and the only way to do that is by spending as much money as you can to buy the best experiences that you can.

Theater

A Broadway show is the only way to go. Of course, if you’re nowhere near New York, then you’ll settle for seeing a show at your local theater. Then, once it’s over, you and your date can sing together in the car and discuss how talented the lead actress was and how the casting director could’ve hired a better lead actor. After all, you know best.

Engineering

You’re usually hands-on, but you wouldn’t mind sitting back and relaxing during a date. That’s why you’d have a blast at a a race track. You could drink beer, snuggle with your date, and bet on the cars speeding around the track. It’s a pretty laid back idea, but you want to date a laid back partner, which is why it’s perfect. 

Film

Going to see dinner and a movie is cliche, but it works for you. Of course, you’d prefer to watch the film first and go out to eat last, so you’ll have the opportunity to discuss the film in detail. If there aren’t any good movies out, then you’ll be just as happy sitting on the couch watching Netflix with your date. You won’t even make a move on them. You’ll be too busy swapping notes about the script. TC mark

I’m Sorry, But I Can’t Lie To My Heart About You

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 03:15 PM PDT

Dannyqu
Dannyqu

My heart has never been easy on me. Falling into people I know I shouldn't, backing away from the ones who would probably be the best for me, or mixing my emotions somewhere in-between.

It's not easy having a big heart, you know.

Sometimes you just have too many feelings, too much love squeezing through those arteries and veins, carrying crazy thoughts from your toes up to your brain.

I get confused sometimes. I get wrapped up in the moment. I start to feel, so powerfully, for the people in my life. But as much as my heart can drive me crazy, I've always believed in love. In the fact that when it's love, you'll just know.

Cliché, I'll admit. And I've never been one to follow the rules. But with love, it's different. I trust it. Because love isn't something that you have to decipher. It isn't something that you have to analyze or figure out, or do some crazy introspection to see if what you're feeling is really 'it.'

With love, you just know.

And so when my heart's all wrapped up in the moment, when I'm feeling a mix of things, I always have to take a step back and listen. I have to take a step back and ask myself, Do I know?

And right now, I don't.

Maybe it's timing, maybe it's the circumstance, maybe it's you, or maybe it's me. But right now, I can't look at you and say you're the one I want. I can't close my eyes and make something out of the space between us.

I can't pretend to be in love because I can't lie to my heart.

And my big heart always knows better.

You're a wonderful man who will make another woman happy, will make another woman smile, whose silly laugh and crooked smile will brighten someone else's life in ways that it could never brighten mine. She will be lucky. And I will be happy for her.

I'm not sure why life happens like this, why we fall into people, or fall away from people, or get confused along the way.

But all I know is that you have to trust the feeling—the itch that says, 'keep moving forward,' or the nagging pull at your heart that leads you away from a person, or even the absence of that 'this is it,' type of feeling. As strange as it is, you have to trust it.

Because your heart always knows better.

And my heart knows that you and I aren't right.

So I'm sorry that this couldn't be what you wanted, even what I wanted, for a moment. I'm sorry that we didn't become something beautiful, that our paths didn't intersect and crisscross into a brand new road.

But please know this: You will always matter to me, wherever you wander. TC mark

This Is Your Ultimate Theme Song, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 03:00 PM PDT

LookCatalog
LookCatalog

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

“There’s always gonna be another mountain, I’m always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I’m gonna have to lose. Ain’t about how fast I get there, ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side. It’s the climb.” Miley Cyrus, The Climb 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

“This is my fight song, take back my life song, prove I’m alright song. My power’s turned on, starting right now I’ll be strong, I’ll play my fight song and I don’t really care if nobody else believes cause I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me.” Rachel Patten, Fight Song

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

“You’re hot then you’re cold, you’re yes then you’re no, you’re in then you’re out, you’re up then you’re down. You’re wrong when it’s right, it’s black and it’s white.” Katy Perry, Hot & Cold

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

“Save your advice ’cause I won’t hear, you might be right but I don’t care. There’s a million reasons why I should give you up but the heart wants what it wants.” Selena Gomez, The Heart Wants What It Wants

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

“Cause I am a Superwoman, yes I am even when I’m a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest. Oh yes, I’m a Superwoman.” Alicia Keys, Superwoman.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

“The path that I’m walking I must go alone, I must take the baby steps till I’m full grown, full grown. Fairy tales don’t always have a happy ending, do they?And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay.”  Fergie, Big Girls Don’t Cry 

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

“I gave you attention when nobody else was paying. I gave you the shirt off my back, what you saying? To keep you warm. I showed you the game everybody else was playing, that’s for sure and I was on my knees when nobody else was praying, oh Lord.”  Justin Bieber, Where Are You Now

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

“Middle fingers up, put them hands high, wave it in his face, tell him, boy, bye, tell him, boy, bye, boy, bye. Middle fingers up, I ain’t thinking ’bout you. I ain’t sorry.” Beyonce, Sorry

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

“It’s time for me to take it, I’m the boss right now. Not gonna fake it, not when you go down cause this is my game and you better come to play.” Demi Lovato, Confident

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

“Don’t let them in, don’t let them see, be the good girl you always have to be, conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know, well, now they know. Let it go, let it go.” — Idina Menzel, Let It Go

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

“I still fall on my face sometimes and I can’t color inside the lines cause I’m perfectly incomplete, I’m still working on my masterpiece.” Jessie J, Masterpiece

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

“Yeah, We’re happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time. It’s miserable and magical. Oh, yeah. Tonight’s the night when we forget about the deadlines, it’s time.” —  Taylor Swift, 22.  TC mark

Your Silence Speaks Louder Than Your Words Ever Will

Posted: 23 Jun 2016 02:15 PM PDT

LookCatalog
LookCatalog

Nights are always hard. They are when I feel most lonely, most sad, most vulnerable. If I was an artist, I would paint a night sky riddled with stars, basking in the glow of the moon and I would entitle it The Art of Missing You.

From the day I met you, missing you has become an art.

Your absence during the day is felt at times, although I am able to busy my mind just enough to not get lost in memories of us. But when the world has gone to sleep, I lay in bed and that is when my whole self screams for you. My body, my mind, my heart.

A deafening silence has settled between us and in the past, I was all too keen to break it. I was so blinded by my love for you that I reached out to you time and time again, even when I knew that you were already gone. You gave me crumbs of your attention, crumbs of your time and I was content with that. It is a wonder how a handful of special moments with you became my safety blanket, deluding me from the months of loneliness you left me in.

Lying in bed that lonely night, your silence was speaking to me. It was telling me tales of a man who was never serious about being with me. Dead-end stories of a man who gave me hope only to turn around and leave me hanging when reality turned out differently than he expected.

Your silence painted blurry images of a love you have for another girl. Of sunny beaches, and mountain slopes where she is with you because you left me behind.

Yet it was in your silence that I found my answers and it is in your silence that I am slowly, painfully and steadily moving on.

Your silence is a harsh and much needed reminder that I deserve far more than what you were willing to give me. Your silence is grounding me in the truth that you haven't been good for me, and rather than fighting to stay in your life, I need to walk away and take care of my own.

I will hold on to this love within me and give it to someone who will not only receive it wholly, but give me his love in equal measure. TC mark