Thought Catalog


How Long Is A Blow Job Supposed To Last?

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 08:00 PM PDT

Andy Wetherill
Andy Wetherill

The last guy I gave a blow job to made it an event.

I mean, it lasted almost an hour.

He asked me to stop several times because he was hitting his threshold. I didn't really want to–because, you know, it's a JOB and I wanted to be done at that point–but for whatever reason I went along with it.

The next day my jaw hurt. Bad.

I could barely eat, and I was kind of scared to ever give a blowjob again. I thought I would have to go to the hospital or the dentist or something.

One friend told me that this guy was scum–no one is supposed to make you give head for more than 10 minutes. They should come already, or they are assholes.

Another friend told me I could just be bad at blow jobs.

Jesus.

So, I wasn't sure what else to do so I sent a mass text out to like, 20 of my closest friends asking how long the ideal blowjob was supposed to last. My gut told me 10 minutes, but, obviously as this situation shows, I don't know anything.

My first response was from an extremely attractive female friend of mine. She's had many long-term boyfriends. She said 3-5 minutes. "Any longer and they are drunk or you don't know what to do."

Another female friend says: 12 minutes. "I am REALLY GOOD though."

Someone else (an attractive female) responded, "I don't know, I never give them."

A guy friend responded next. He said he was 38 so it was longer than younger guys. 15 minutes. (And then proceeded to grill me about my oral techniques and whether he'd ever experience them).

At this point I feel really ugly, and moronic. WTF is wrong with me? Apparently guys come way fast with hot girls that know how to do everything perfectly and I’m in some other dimension, sucking (not literally, that would be too easy).

I consulted Google to see if I was on crack. Most of what I found on forums said 5-15 minutes.

A bro on a forum said, "The longest I’ve gotten was about 2 1/2hrs. I was drunk she wasn’t very good at it so it took awhile."

Another guy countered: "I don't ever orgasm through oral sex. It feels good but the stimulation isn't enough to come."

Um. WAHT.

Have I been fed lies for the last 10 years of my life that this is the Best Thing In The World to guys? Maybe.

My male gay friend chimes in: "Great question. A dissertation could be written. Depends on so many factors. As a single sexual event? Leading up to sex? How many drinks has he had? How familiar are you with him? At what point can it become a hand job? At what point is he actually trying to come or just drawing it out because it feels good?"

Random douchebag I know responds: "As long as it takes."

Straight male friend says: "Five minutes if they are good, fifteen minutes if they are amazing."

Male friend says: "The best ones I've received have lasted an hour."

Another male friend: "8 minutes."

My most trusted female friend, as far as things of this nature go, answered my question: "IDK, like 20 minutes? Ugh. Do you want to go out Saturday?"

Ex says: "You come over and I'll time you."

Another gay male friend says: "Can take awhile—but I think after 20 mins it gets really old. However, one guy took forever because he was really selfish. I found it tiring but also hot. It depends on whether you enjoy 'servicing' that much."

Female friend: "My boyfriend takes half an hour to an hour."

Female friend: "20 seconds to 2 hours."

Female friend: "10-15 is average but I can't get my current boyfriend to come at all from oral sex."

My ex responded: "Whatever you did was perfect.”

Another friend says: "A guy can get faster and faster the more comfortable he is with someone. A lot of times I've been with guys that can't come or it's very hard. As they got to know me more and became more comfortable they became faster at coming."

My most gorgeous male friend says : "At least 20 minutes. Less and she's selfish. Not into it."

Still feel unsure whether my entire sex life has been a lie.

I feel very depressed now. I don’t want to be timed. I just want to have fun.

Is it bad oral sex if you don't come in the first five minutes? Are you a huge asshole of a person if you don't come in the first 20?

How similar is it to women who can't particularly control their ability to orgasm—and that's not really the point of sex (for me at least) anyways? TC mark

Rise to the occasion. Read this.

TC Site

I Seduced A Client Into Hot Sex Just So He Would Sign My Firm’s Proposal

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 07:00 PM PDT

Nina Sever
Nina Sever

The client notices I am dressed to kill when I walk in his penthouse a little past eleven in the morning.

In our previous three meetings, as I pitched for his ten million dollar investment account I was dressed in sober, even severe, business suits. Now at a meeting at his home on a weekend (I suggested the date and the location) I am dressed in a skirt with fishnet stockings with a simple black top. The top hugs my firm breasts and I know I look good both coming in and going out in a manner of speaking.

We sit in his spacious living on sofa, right angles to each other. We go over my firm's proposal, though I am sure the client is only half listening. His eyes are constantly switching between my bust and my legs. I lean in to let him have a whiff of my scent and make my voice softer. This isn’t the first time I am going to fuck my way into an account, I know all the moves.

"You see, Jenny, I reviewed both your and Kidder's proposals," he names my chief rival firm. I decide to wager it all. I lean forward, and touch his leg with my long fingers, lightly running them over the seam of his trousers.

"You see sir, I think you will find us, especially me, willing to go the extra mile that Kidder simply won't," I say back. I am right, their account manager for this client is a Hispanic man in his late forties. He is no threat to me.

He clears his throat and looks me in the eye, "Are you saying….?"

I smile and nod. "Whatever is inside of this" I point to my body "is nice, tight and willing, sir. You only have to say yes."

He pulls me closer and kisses my lips. His hands move on my body to find my breasts and knead them lightly while I push my tongue on his. I respond and sit in his lap. The client runs his hands on my smooth legs and pushes my tight skirt a few inches up.

"Let sign the deal on the table," he says and we walk to the writing table. He stands behind me and raises my skirt to my waist. His breath feels hot, feverish on my long neck as I hear his clothes drop to ground.

A hard slap on my rump that makes me jump and squeal, and the client pulls my panties down to my ankles. I feel exposed, whorish, standing at the client's table in his living room at eleven in the morning. He pushes my top up and I help him take it off. His hands cup my big breasts though my armpits and he kneads them while we kiss. He slaps my ass again.

"Oh yeah, I knew I wanted this when we first met," he whispers kissing my neck and my back.

I feel his erection brushing against my opening for a moment before he thrusts suddenly. I squeal in surprise and that squeal becomes a practiced moan of pleasure as I concentrate on giving Mr. Foster value for money.

He soon holds my slim waist and starts thrusting in and out in smooth, practiced motions. He has pushed my bra cups up so that my nipples are exposed and now he lets go of my waist with one hand to knead my breasts once in a while.

I know men equate noisiness with manhood. So soon, I am screaming like I am getting stabbed with each thrust. He is grunting and my moans are driving him even crazier. His keeps smacking my ass with the flat of his palm.

After some time I suggest a change and turn around. I rest my bottom on the edge of the table and spread my thighs. He spreads them even further and enter me again. His mouth is now hungrily sucking on my nipples alternately. I scratch his hairy chest with my long nails and keep volume as high as possible. He is moving at a frenzied pace now. When he links his palms beneath my ass, I happily let go of the table and rest myself on his palms while he finishes.

Later, we are in his bed. We are both naked, sweaty and sticky beneath the sheets. His mouth can't have enough of my boobs. I ask him to insert a pillow beneath my generous buttocks and let him mount me. I am impressed in spite of myself. He is on top of me and thrusting while his hands grab my ass cheeks. I wrap my milky thighs around his waist and again increase my volume. At the last minute he sinks his teeth in my breasts, leaving a mark that will be impossible to explain to my boyfriend. I lay pinned beneath the client for a few minutes while we catch our breath.

A brief period of rest and then, when he is ready again, he suggests I go to town on him. I oblige. I sink to my knees on the bedroom carpet while the client sits in bed and plays with my hair and breasts. I also oblige him when he wishes to cum in my face.

A nice, hot shower together and I am getting dressed again. I step into my panties, pull on my bra and hook it on back. Then I turn to him and say, "Sir, I brought an extra copy of our agreement. I hope you will sign it now."

"You had left a copy with me when we met at your office last time," he says while opening his writing table drawer. He tosses a file at me without even looking at it "I had signed up for you folks about twenty minutes before you came," the bastard says with a smile. TC mark

15 Single Men Explain Exactly What Freaks Them Out The Most When They’re Hitting On You

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 06:00 PM PDT

PatrickDonovan / www.twenty20.com/photos/5e565963-83f4-4b5a-9981-e321b82464ef
PatrickDonovan / www.twenty20.com/photos/5e565963-83f4-4b5a-9981-e321b82464ef

1.

“Aside from the fear of rejection I’m not particularly afraid of anything. I mean, rejection is the whole thing right? For me it can take a lot of drinks to build up the courage or, on those rare nights when I’m feeling like king of the world, it’s a little easier. But either way, finally building up the courage and then getting shot down sucks pretty hard.”

—Richard, 23

2.

“If the person I’m trying to talk to is in a group that can make it weird especially if I don’t have a wing man to run interference. A lot of times it seems like the girls that I’m not hitting on want to stop me from even trying to talk to anyone like ‘they’re not hitting on me so I’m bored and will run him off.’ For those that don’t know what a wing man is for, that’s what they’re for, keeping the others ocupado so you can actually talk to the girl and see if she’s cool or into you.”

—Julio, 25

3.

“I end up hitting on the drunkest girls in the bar without even meaning to. It’s like trying to talk to a lobotomy patient. ‘What’s up, hey I just thought I’d come over and talk to you. You’re looking pretty fine.’

She responds ‘glarblblargl.’ Oh, you’re smashed. So that half hour I just spent seeing if you might be open to someone talking to you were totally wasted and I’m a terrible judge of sobriety. Great.

This happens to me three times out of four. It’s become my worst nightmare.”

—Nathan, 21

4.

“I have zero fear of hitting on anyone. If they’re not into it that’s fine. One thing I will tell you though is that if you’re trying to talk to a girl in a group a lot of times the girls that you’re not trying to talk to will chat you up anyway. Just be open to talking to anyone and I think there’s nothing to be anxious about.”

—Andrew, 26

5.

“I’m not a good looking man. I mean that objectively. There’s no question that I am below average looking. I also don’t make much money so I can’t really dress up what I’ve got with clothes.

There’s been a few times when I’ve locked eyes with someone and started to approach them and I can tell by their change in expression that they’re thinking oh god he’s coming over here. Then I just get a beer or walk to the bathroom.

I’ve gotten pretty good at telling but yeah, being an unattractive guy makes trying to talk to a girl at a bar really stressful.”

—Marlan, 24

6.

“General self consciousness is a problem for anybody. I think guys build this up more than they should or at least a lot of my friends do. It’s no different from talking to any other stranger. You’re not trying out to be the guy having sex with her right then and there on the barstool. You’re just talking to a stranger. ”

—Scott, 27

7.

“It’s like fishing. Cast the line. You’ll get a hit or you won’t. If you don’t, so what? If you do, great, see where it goes.

There are more women than there are men. If you get rejected it’s really not that big a deal. There’s always someone else to try to talk to.”

—Peter, 24

8.

“The lame lies are what I really have anxiety about. Telling me you’ve got a boyfriend immediately after I say hey what’s up is a dead giveaway that you don’t have a boyfriend. Like, just say thank but I’m not interested. Unless I’m totally smashed and acting like a jackass then I’ll get the message. I know it probably isn’t meant this way but when someone lies to you right out of the box then it feels like they think you aren’t worth their time and that sucks.”

—Jacob, 22

9.

“When girls are out I think that they’re in hyper defensive mode a lot of times. They don’t want anyone to mess with them or get angry at them if they don’t want to talk. If you’re really just trying to say hey then getting rejected cause they’re spooked or whatever it can be pretty disheartening. I’ve pretty much stopped trying to talk to girls in public because of it.”

—Craig, 25

10.

“My favorite story is when I approached a girl standing alone who was super pretty and had great style and she just said ‘fuck off’ when I said hello.

Wow, thanks. I won’t carry that with me for the next week at all. Hasn’t ever happened since then but I definitely remember it.”

—Jimmy, 22

11.

“I don’t hit on a girl who’s in a group anymore and if I’m with a group of guys myself I always ask if the girls want to play darts or something. It’s low pressure and fun and puts everyone at ease instead of just standing there and trying to chat to a stranger that you’re only talking to because they’re attractive.”

—Brandon, 22

12.

“I used to hate hitting on girls because they’re all always expecting it and you’re never going to catch them with their guard down. Used to get exhausted by that. Best way to get a girls attention when you’re out is just to sit close to her and see how the night goes. There’s a moment a lot of times when she’s open to you saying something to her. Then it’s way more natural and you didn’t walk across the room just to stand in front of her and say hello.

Way less stressful for everyone.”

—Mark, 24

13.

“This shit is not super serious. There’s no reason to give some stranger any power over how you feel at any time at all. She’s just a person. She may be boring af. She may be awesome. You’ll know within seconds if she’s boring or uninterested. You don’t owe a stranger anything and they don’t owe you anything. Tell a joke, compliment her if you like something about her.

Who cares? I used to have anxiety about talking to girls until I realized that they have no idea what they’re looking for until they find it. Pretty much just like me. The end.”

—Blane, 23

14.

“Being super shy totally screws up any game I might have in any other way. I’m pretty good looking but I’m shy. I dress pretty well but I’m shy. I always feel like a girl can tell that I’m not some cocky and confident person. It messes with me bad.”

—Todd, 25

15.

“I never know what to say after ‘hi.’ I can’t help it! I want to say something amazing or interesting or funny but I can never think of a thing to say. ‘How’s your evening going?’ That sounds awful.”

—Rob, 22 TC mark

Shit Kids Say: 45 Hilarious Quotes That Will Make You Want To Be Young (And Dumb) Again

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 05:00 PM PDT

1.

Instagram Photo


2.

Instagram Photo


3.

Instagram Photo


4.

Instagram Photo


5.

Instagram Photo


6.

Instagram Photo


7.

Instagram Photo


8.

Instagram Photo


9.

Instagram Photo


10.

Instagram Photo


11.

Instagram Photo


12.

Instagram Photo


13.

Instagram Photo


14.

Instagram Photo


15.

Instagram Photo


16.

Instagram Photo


17.

Instagram Photo


18.

Instagram Photo


19.

Instagram Photo


20.

Instagram Photo


21.

Instagram Photo


22.

Instagram Photo


23.

Instagram Photo


24.

Instagram Photo


25.

Instagram Photo


26.

Instagram Photo


27.

Instagram Photo


28.

Instagram Photo


29.

Instagram Photo


30.

Instagram Photo


31.

Instagram Photo


32.

Instagram Photo


33.

Instagram Photo


34.

Instagram Photo


35.

Instagram Photo


36.

Instagram Photo


37.

Instagram Photo


38.

Instagram Photo


39.

Instagram Photo


40.

Instagram Photo


41.

Instagram Photo


42.

Instagram Photo


43.

Instagram Photo


44.

Instagram Photo


45.

Instagram Photo
TC mark

What Your Favorite Bro On This Season Of ‘The Bachelorette’ Says About You

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 04:15 PM PDT

Chase

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

Your summer uniform is cutoff jean shorts and strappy sandals. You own cowboy boots and love country music. Your biggest dating dealbreaker is short men.

Evan

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

Hm. Erm. Um?

I can definitely tell that you always root for the underdog. You have a soft heart, hate “macho” guys, and would prefer the kind who cries while reading his poetry to you in the candlelight.

Daniel

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You definitely had a thing for Edward Cullen.

Nick

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You must be a Bachelorette superfan and have read Nick’s bio enough times to actually like him, given that he’s had approximately zero seconds of screen time so far.

Grant

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You MAYBE have a firefighter fantasy, but you definitely have a thing for a guy with a nice jawline.

Alex

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You’re preppy and like “good guys” — that also happen to have nicely defined muscles. You’re a sucker for a nice smile and a guy who brings flowers for your mom when he meets your parents (and calls your father ‘sir’).

Vinny

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You know a lot of people like Vinny in real life. You have a large family and prefer people from a blue collar background because they’re more “real”. You might be from New Jersey.

Wells

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You actively seek out skinny guys who are really into music/nerdy. You have a tattoo of one of your pets and make art of some kind. I don’t really know why you’re watching this show ???

James F

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You’re really into boxing??? And vaguely middle-aged-douchebag looking guys???

Christian

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

Your tastes are different than most of your friends. You like to travel, especially places that aren’t North America and Europe. You like small dogs, spicy food, and soccer.

Ali

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You think real men have chest hair and have never dated a blonde.

James Taylor

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You’re a likeable person with a lot of friends. You’re quick to laugh and slow to yell. You’d take a sweet, dorky guy over a hot meathead any day of the week. You’ve dated long enough that you know what’s really important in a relationship: kindness, maturity, the strength to open up to the other person.

Derek

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You’ve never quite gotten over your crush on Jim Halpbert.

Robby

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You’re a) a huge fangirl of Jojo’s mom and b) unaware that Robby (probably) has a secret girlfriend back home.

Luke

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You’re best friends with your mom and hope your future husband asks your father for “permission” first. But you’re also not as girly as that sounds, you love to be outside and you’re not prissy about getting your hands dirty. You think Jordan kind of looks like a girl.

Jordan

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

You love football and have one of those deep V PINK shirts supporting your hometown team. You workout with your boyfriend. You prefer dogs to cats. You totally Netflix + Chill.

Chad

The Bachelor
The Bachelor

Who hurt you? I mean… hm… how can I put this gently: you need to love yourself more. You deserve better than Chad. We all deserve better than Chad even if his not-so-subtle negging would want to make you believe otherwise.

Chances are you’ve dated one or five Chads in your lifetime and are constantly defending them against the rest of the world who sees them for what they are: assholes. But you’re convinced they have this secret sensitive side and you must be super special if they choose to only show it to you. Oh — and you’re “not like other girls.”

That — you you just think he and his meat snacks and protein shakes provide hilarious commentary for a show that tends to take itself a little bit too seriously. TC mark

10 Little Things You Can Do To Make Yourself Feel Instantly Sexier

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 03:00 PM PDT

ninasever
ninasever

1. Embrace your curves. Time and time again we shame ourselves for the way our hips stick out, or for having thighs that touch together. Look at yourself in the mirror and pick out five things you love about your appearance. Rock your curves and be grateful for how hard your body works every day.

2. Free your mind. Pick up a pen and paper and write down everything that is worrying you right now. Sometimes, writing things down and seeing all the tiny insignificant things you fret about is all it takes to ease the mind. Usually what you worry about now will never actually happen, and if it does, it never turns out to be as bad as you think it will.

3. Treat yourself. You are constantly worrying about other people and are always trying to please everyone at once, but it’s time to take care of yourself now. Go out and buy that dress you’ve been eyeing for months. Grab a friend you haven’t seen in a while and catch up over coffee. Maybe get that haircut you have always wanted but have been too scared to get. No matter what you do, make sure it brings a smile to your face. You deserve that.

4. Put on something that shows a little skin. That piece of lingerie you know looks great on you that is hiding in your drawer somewhere? Put it on and look at yourself. There is no greater feeling than appreciating your own figure and being proud of that. Embrace your own skin and be confident in not only what you look like, but in who you are.

5. Turn up the heat. Take yourself on a nice date in. Light some of your favorite candles, pour yourself some wine and take a long relaxing bath. There is no greater stress relief than the mixture of wine and hot water soothing your body. Everyone feels better after taking some time for themselves.

6. Embrace your inner geek. Turn off all your electronic devices, and instead turn to your bookshelves. Sometimes, all it takes is curling up with your favorite book to stimulate your sexy mind. Who says nerds can’t be hot?

7. Ditch the instant oatmeal. Instead of your usual fast fix in the morning, wake up a bit earlier and fix yourself a feast. There is nothing sexier than fresh coffee and avocado toast topped with a fried egg. Your tastebuds will thank you.

8Get that Vitamin D. Your body constantly craves warmth and sunshine. A walk in the park or a weekend retreat to the beach with your best friends is all you need to instantly feel refreshed. But, please don’t forget the sunscreen.

9. Talk it out. Feeling sexy isn’t just about your appearance, you have to feel it on the inside too. Talk to your loved ones about your anxiety and worries. Leave it all out on the table and feel your stress melt away as you share your feelings. Who needs therapy when you’ve got your buddies?

10. Be alone. Sometimes when the stress of the world is heavy on our shoulders, we need to spend time with just ourselves. Try out a new hobby, or plant some new flowers. Whatever you do, let yourself just be content without having no one around you. Let yourself feel great in the company of youTC mark

Dear Dan Turner, You’re No Kind Of Father

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 02:45 PM PDT

YouTube
YouTube

Dear Dan Turner,

I get it. You're a father and you're defending your son. You're standing by him, you're in full support of him, and you're being the man he needs, right? That's what fathers do. They love their children no matter what, they fight for them, despite the obstacles. I understand. I really do. I'm lucky enough to have a father that is my guide, my shoulder, my lifeline.

But I'll tell you one thing my father would never do. He would never call me blameless when I'm the one at fault. He would never stand in my defense when I'm so far from being right it's sickening.

See, Mr. Turner, this is where you went wrong—instead of being a father, teaching your son how to be a good man, you made him a victim in his own crime.

Sure, if we want to play dumb, we can all say that Brock is 'young,' that 'he was drunk' and that he 'didn't know any better.' That's all bullsh*t.

But the biggest bullsh*t of all, is that YOU know better.

You are an adult man, one who brought a child into this world. One, who at the most crucial time in this child's life, should point him in the right direction, not try to use his athletic status as a defense for an irreversible crime committed on a twenty-three-year-old girl's lifeless body.

Not try to pretend, try to claim, try to write a letter in his defense when he's already been dubbed unanimously guilty.

What kind of message are you teaching him? Teaching every other 20-something male? That the world makes excuses for those with athletic ability? That if you play the innocent, flirty college kid card it's no longer rape? That there's more value in having a good attorney and good defense then taking responsibility for your actions?

Who do you think you are?

I'm sorry, but you're not a father. You're a coward.

You claim that your son's life has been "deeply altered forever by the events on Jan. 17th and 18th" but I ask you this—What, exactly has been altered forever? Brock's eating habits? His demeanor? His swimming career?

What about the young girl who cannot sleep without a nightlight, who cannot go to work for months at a time, who is haunted by memories that she cannot even fully remember?

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF HER LIFE?

In your letter you say your son's sentence is "A steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life." Action. Really? You call thrusting an unconscious woman action? What, actions, exactly were happening by a girl who is passed out and incoherent? Let me tell you, since you seem to be a little confused. None.

Those '20 minutes of action' were 20 minutes of action by YOUR SON. 20 minutes of RAPE.

Look, Mr. Turner. I read your letter. And I read it again, just to make sure I was actually reading something real and not fake internet crap. I tried to put myself in your shoes, to imagine the embarrassment, the shame, the frustration, the fear. To see how you felt—that defending your son is the only option and I understand. It's not easy to be in that situation. I get that.

But assault is assault and rape is rape. And consequences are consequences, even if they change a career, or a dream. And no matter how you try to spin it, your son is wrong. And he needs to know that.

He needs to be guided by the man he looks up to.
He needs to be guided by you.

When I read your letter, I thought of my father. And I know he would never stand by and let me get away with something terrible, despite how much he loves me. In fact, it would be because he loves me that he'd watch me fall. Because I was wrong.

See that's the thing I don't understand about you, Mr. Turner, and it's a real shame.

Your son needs someone to admire, someone to guide him, someone to teach him how to treat women, how to be a good man, how to take responsibility for the life he's now destroyed.

He needs you. But it's a shame, because you're no kind of father. TC mark

16 Women Confess The Most Pathetic Thing They’ve Ever Done After A Breakup

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 02:00 PM PDT

aleishasamek
aleishasamek

1. “I completely snapped. I threw my phone and my keys in a field and literally ran away from him. Then, I laid on the ground and cried.” — Jenny, 25

2. “I wrote an entire book of poetry about my ex.” — Charlotte, 23

3. “For two days straight I ate plantain chips, slept, and did nothing else until it didn’t even feel real.” — Ashley, 26

4. “I listened to Ed Sheeran on repeat and wept from the time I woke up to the moment I fell asleep.” — Summer, 21

5. “I drove to the nearest grocery store and bought two tubs of Ben and Jerry’s along with one pumpkin pie. I figured that now that I was single, I may as well be fat.” — Elizabeth, 23

6. “I went to Sephora and bought about $200 worth of makeup. He never liked when I wore makeup, so now that he was out of the picture, I decided to treat myself.” — Rebecca, 29

7. “I was in denial that it was over, so I sent him a really expensive edible arrangement. He still never called and I wasted 150 bucks.” — Julia, 27

8. “I literally sent myself flowers so my friends would think we were still together. They eventually found out after seeing him with another girl.” — Lisa, 26

9. “I confronted the girl he slept with while we were still together. Instead of slapping her like I had planned, we ended up both crying over him. Turns out, he cheated on her too. Karma is real people.” — Carmen, 30

10. “I drove to my parents house and crawled in bed with my mom.” — Laura, 19

11. “I threw a breakup party with all of my girl friends. It wasn’t too fun considering all of them were in relationships.” — Taylor, 25

12. “I binged watched Sex and the City until my roommate threatened to kick me out of the apartment.” — Nicole, 28

13. “I decided to get myself a nice new haircut. The hairdresser misunderstood me and ended up cutting way too much off. Worst day of my life. ” — Christina, 22

14. “I literally lost it and went to his house to egg his car.” — Jill, 18

15. “Is there anything more pathetic than calling his mom and begging her to convince him he made a mistake? Probably not.” — Lindsey, 24

16. “I drank two entire bottles of wine while eating gobs of cookie dough. I ended up throwing up the whole next day.” — Ariel, 23 TC mark

26 Uplifting Bible Verses For When This World Tears You Down

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 01:00 PM PDT

Thought.Is
Thought.Is

1.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

— Jeremiah 29:11

2.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

— 2 Corinthians 12:9

3.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

— Jeremiah 29:11

4.

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

— Romans 8:31

5.

But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.

— Genesis 8:1

6.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

— Romans 8:28

7.

Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.

— Psalm 3:2-6

8.

When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"

— John 5:6

9.

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor.

— Job 11:18-19

10.

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning.

— Lamentations 3:22-23

11.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

— 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

12.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.

— 1 Corinthians 16:13

13.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

— 1 Peter 2:9

14.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

— Deuteronomy 31:6

15.

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

— 1 Corinthians 15:58

16.

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

— Revelation 21:4

17.

For the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.

— Proverbs 24:20

18.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

— Romans 15:13

19.

The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

— Zephaniah 3:17

20.

Though he slay me, I will hope in him.

— Job 13:15

21.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

— Isaiah 41:10

22.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

— Philippians 4:13

23.

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

— 1 Corinthians 10:13

24.

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

— Romans 8:37-39

25.

The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

— Zephaniah 3:17

26.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

— 1 Peter 5:6-7 TC mark

I’ve Decided To Stop Apologizing (And You Should Too)

Posted: 07 Jun 2016 12:19 PM PDT

man-couple-people-woman-large

Below is a list of the moments in the last 24 hours when I've caught myself apologizing:

  1. When a stranger grabbed my coffee thinking it was theirs.
  1. When I wanted to express a different opinion from someone in my class.
  1. When someone asked me why I was being so quiet.
  1. When I was emailing about a job and needed something clarified.
  1. When I bumped into a chair.
  1. When a stranger misdialed and accidentally called me and I apologized for not being the person that they were trying to reach.

A new Google Chrome extension, Just Not Sorry, was released––it's purpose is to underline in red anytime a woman apologizes or unnecessarily explains herself in emails so that the woman can go back and edit out any padding.

I had never really thought much about how I composed my emails, but after hearing about the launch of this new app, I curiously checked over my emails just to see if I was culprit to this gendered tick.

I noticed when emailing people whom I viewed as authoritative (professors, employers, my dad), my emails were filled with fluffy sentences justifying why I was emailing them, apologizing for bothering them, and saying "I think?" to things that I definitely knew.

I don't even recognize my voice in these emails.

Amy Schumer even points out the tendency for women to blunder over personal opinions, ideas, success, and questions in the workplace through one of her parodying skits of four women sitting on a panel and constantly apologizing for absolutely nothing at all (ending climactically with one of the women literally dying on stage and apologizing to everyone for ruining the panel).

While I laugh out loud watching this sketch, I'm also painfully reminded that it's a little too truthful to me (I honestly can't tell you that I wouldn't apologize profusely for dying in a public place).

A professor of mine told our predominantly female class that if any one of us apologized one more time, he'd fail us. While he was kidding (I double-checked, "Not Apologizing" wasn't assigned a percentage of our final grade on the syllabus), we began to notice collectively how often we were all apologizing for things that really didn't matter.

It was after that class, and shortly after discovering the Just Not Sorry app, that I decided I was going to consciously stop apologizing.

I started noticing how often I apologized almost immediately after making that pledge. People would text me about things I really didn't want to do or didn't have time for––annoying favors that were somehow expected of me––and I politely turned them down without saying "ahhhhh sorry!"

And it felt gooooooood. Because I wasn't sorry.

No longer shall I conclude my emails with "does this make sense?" Of course it does! I wrote it.

No longer shall I wave my hand dismissively over what I've just written by saying it's "not actually a big deal at all." It's always a big deal.

This is a new kind of control I didn't realize I was missing out on. It doesn't mean I'm a power-hungry bitch, just a person who is clear and concise and knows what she wants–and is absolutely unapologetic about it. TC mark

This Post Brought To You By Taco Bell.