Thought Catalog


This Is Your Favorite Sexual Position, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 08:15 PM PDT

Drew Wilson
Drew Wilson

Cancer

(June 22nd to July 22nd)

The Lazy Dog — He takes her from behind, except that she’s reclining on her stomach instead of being on all fours.

Scorpio

(October 23rd to November 22nd)

The Loveseat — He sits on the edge of the bed and she sits right on top of him, facing away.

Pisces

(February 19th to March 20th)

Missionary, with lots of eye contact — Man and woman make love lying down, facing each other.

Aries

(March 21st to April 19th)

Drop The Soap — She stands leaning against the counter top and he surprises her from behind and thrust himself inside her.

Leo

(July 23rd to August 22nd)

Reverse Cowgirl — He lies on his back and she mounts him backwards and bounces on top, facing away throughout.

Sagittarius

(November 23rd to December 21st)

The Butter Churner — She lies on her back with her butt all the way up in the air and he sits on top , grabbing her legs in front of him while they fuck.

Taurus

(April 20th to May 21st)

The Face Off — He sits on the edge of the bed, table, or counter and she straddles his waist, facing him, wrapping her arms around his chest and leaning her forward against his as they make love.

Virgo

(August 23rd to September 22nd)

The Cat — Missionary position but misaligned, so that his shoulders are at her chest instead of being chest-to-chest and you smoosh your bodies together as closely as possible.

Capricorn

(December 22nd to January 20th)

The Waterfall — He lies on the bed with his waist right at the edge, torso draping down the side, and she sits right on top.

Gemini

(May 22nd to June 21st)

The Pretzel — She lies on her left side, he straddles her left leg and holds her right leg up by his hip while thrusting.

Libra

(September 23rd to October 22nd)

The Ballet Dancer — You both stand and she wraps one leg up around his waist as he penetrates.

Aquarius

(January 21st to February 18th)

The wheelbarrow — He sits upright at the edge of the bed and she lies on top, facing away, with her legs straddling his waist in reverse and her hands propping her up on the floor. TC mark

To The Boy Who Helped Me Feel Again

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 08:00 PM PDT

TVZ Design
TVZ Design

It was a gut feeling, an intriguing conversation, but most importantly a fascination that consumed my thoughts. After months of refusing to feel anything and running away from anything that mirrored a relationship, one conversation with him was a direct hit to the walls I believed to be so indestructible.

But despite this overwhelming feeling of knowing we could be something more, I couldn't let myself.

Trusting anyone wasn't really my thing anymore, and I came to terms with that a while ago. So I did what I always do, and decided to hook up with him—with absolutely no feelings. Easy right? Just another guy, another person to fill the void, another fling to take up my time for a couple weeks. But despite my greatest efforts, he was different. Despite my need to remain detached from what we were doing, I just couldn't.

When I was with him, he reminded me of everything that I once craved and everything I actually wanted in a guy—a genuine conversation, a good morning smile, and someone who had goals they wanted to reach. Someone who was just as stubborn, yet understanding; as caring towards others, but still focused on himself; adventurous but content with where he is.

Most of all, he reminded me that I am not an "almost relationship" type of girl. He reminded me that the standards I held for myself were too high to just fool around with someone I didn't really care about. He reminded me that maybe there still is someone out there that I could trust. And maybe, just maybe that person I trusted could be him.

I feel like we all have that one person—the one person who seemed to have the ability to make us forget how broken we were when we met them.

The one person who helps us forget about the past and helps us focus on the future. The one person who helps you forget about why you were ever guarding your heart in the first place.

So what does this mean? It means that despite what happens with the two of us I will be forever grateful for his appearance in my life. He helped me realize that you can't ever be scared of new people or new starts because of your fear of being ripped apart again.

Life is about feeling alive and experiencing anything and everything—and whether we like it or not, pain will always be part of those experiences. Without agony and suffering we can't grow. Pain is a funny thing because it makes us or breaks us, but when it does break us we never fail to put the pieces back together. Some pieces may get lost along the way or fit a little differently, but all that signifies is that you are a new better version of yourself.

So thank you, thank you for making me feel again. TC mark

10 Ways To Find Yourself Again After Being Shattered By A Breakup

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 07:00 PM PDT

unsplash.com
unsplash.com

All the sweet messages, the flowers, dinner dates, the lengthy handwritten letters, inside jokes – everything; they're all gone now and you're feeling like a deer in the headlights with not a clue what to do. You just keep thinking it's a bad dream and that tomorrow everything will go back to normal. You pray your hardest that he'll come back and that things are going to be fine. But the truth is, things are going to be pretty difficult for awhile.

Less than two years ago, the most important and constant person in my life for two years chose to leave me. I was so devastated because I lost not only my boyfriend but my best friend, the person I trusted more than anyone in the entire world. I knew that I definitely hit rock bottom, but if any of you are going through the same thing, I promise that it's not the end of the road. I pray that the few things I've learned in dealing with my own heartache below will be able to spark hope, help your heart heal, lift you higher, and help you let go of the hurt in due time. Here are some things you can do to help yourself cope and heal.

1. Give yourself time to grieve.

A friend of mine once described break-ups to be the "worst possible thing that can ever happen." I thought it was exaggerated at the time, but you'll actually find it to be accurate once you've experienced it. It's really like all the butterflies died and you feel like you're being stabbed over and over again and there's nothing you can do to stop it. I cried for about two weeks straight when my boyfriend broke up with me. I was confused and in denial. I felt like there was this hole inside of me that was never going to be filled again. I couldn't believe that the person who once told me things like "I love you the most, forever and always" and "Don't leave me. Don't let the bad things drown out the good things" day in and day out, was now the same person telling me "What if I told you I didn't love you as much as I used to anymore?"

No words will ever be enough to describe the pain that I felt. I felt weak and paralyzed. I could not eat properly and I had to result to sleeping pills to get some sleep. I'd cry myself to sleep and wake up still crying. Dreams would haunt me and every little thing seemed to remind me of him. If you somehow find yourself in the same situation, know that it's okay to cry and feel the pain. It is inevitable and necessary. No one's stopping you and it's better to do so than repress, because you might end up exploding one day and the implications will be worse. Surround yourself with people who understand what you're going through and pour your heart out all you want. Don't rush things and let time pass. You'll eventually get exhausted and run out of tears before you even realize it.

2. Let the emotions flow, but don't let the breakup consume you.

One of my mistakes when I was grieving was that I let it consume me for a while when I shouldn't have. I learned a couple of vices, I would do things that weren't good for my physical health, and I could've done way better with my academics. I really felt bad about it after seeing what it did to me. It is okay to feel all the hurt, but you have to remember to pick yourself up every time. Don't let it get the best of you. Try articulating your feelings in a nourishing way through writing or music. Some also say new hobbies and sports helped them channel their hurt better and get over it faster.

3. Stop blaming yourself.

It's not your fault. No relationship is perfect and there's no use dwelling over the things you could have or should have done to save it. If you fought until the very end to keep it alive, then you should be proud of yourself. You held your part of the bargain and you didn't let go even when you had all the freedom to. Bear in mind that if the other person isn't willing to compromise or work it out anymore then there's no point in staying. One of the greatest things I learned from one of my best friends is that "Love is not a feeling but a choice." The best test of love is even when you don't feel like loving the person anymore you snap out of it and choose to love them because you treasure that person and you know how much that person treasures you. He could have chosen to love you but clearly, he just wasn't as invested anymore and didn't value you as much as you hoped he did. I know that you may feel like wallowing in self-pity because of getting left behind, but know that you will never have to live with the feeling of guilt or regret because of giving up too easily. Yes, it's sad, especially when you think about all the promises and plans you made together, but maybe one day you'll learn why the relationship didn't work out and find that something better was in store for you all along.

4. Distance yourself from the source of hurt.

It's probably best to cut all sorts of contact with him after the breakup. He is the source of hurt and you have to stay as far away from that as possible. Avoid texting him, calling him or even stalking him online. It's better not knowing what he's been up to because you might see him move on faster than you and it'll just hurt seeing him get on with his life without you. It used to hurt me that my ex shut me out completely after we broke up, like I didn't mean anything to him at all, but I realized that it's fine because making any contact with him would only deepen the wounds I already have. He became a stranger. If you think that communicating will make things better, trust me, it won't. He will never be able to comfort you the same way he did when you were still together and neither will he be able to satisfy you with answers to your unending questions.

Some people also think that you can stay friends after the break up – no; you can't, at least not right now. It isn't impossible but probably just not in the near future. Your relationship was damaged and the trust was broken the moment he chose to abandon you, and both of you need to heal before you can give even friendship another go.

5. It's okay to be angry, as long as it doesn't consume you either.

There will come a point when anger and hatred will replace what once was pain and sadness. It's easier to deal with anger than pain, but just as exhausting. You've seen the monster in him and you probably think nonstop about how selfish and deceitful he is, how much of a coward he is and how vile and inhumane he's become. You'll associate him with villains, monsters or maybe even the devil himself, thinking "How could he do this?" I don't blame you for being angry; you just lost who you believed was the love of your life. But just like sadness, don't let anger get the best of you. Scream, throw a pillow or listen to empowering songs like Katy Perry's "Part of Me" or Ashley Tisdale's "It's Alright, It's Ok." A lot of people who've gone through breakups say that one day you'll wake up and just not care anymore. Wouldn't it be nice to just feel nothing for the person rather than hate him for a long time? Remember: the opposite of love is not hate, but apathy.

6. Be the better person.

Along with anger comes the desire for revenge and justice. You're going to want to hurt him and wish him nothing but bad things, and if you do go through this phase, I hope you eventually realize that it's a waste of your time and energy. It's just not worth it. Don't bash him on social media, call/text him saying how stupid he was for leaving you or even plot revenge schemes. Just be the bigger and better person. Stay calm, collected and classy. A few months or even weeks after the breakup, secrets might finally be revealed, questions might finally be answered – you might see him with another girl so quickly or learn that he actually cheated on you and you'll see him parade the girl around without an ounce of respect left for you, but always remember to keep your cool and shrug it off. If he can replace you immediately after the breakup then that just says so much about him. It means that he does not know how to value people and you shouldn't want to be with anyone like that. It will hurt and it will make you even angrier but never ever make a scene or show devastation, because he doesn't deserve that satisfaction and you sure as hell know how much better you are.

7. Try looking at the brighter side of things.

I know it's always easier said than done, but there's always a good side to every bad event. The breakup could be a blessing in disguise. "God wrecks our plans when he sees that our plans can wreck us." You are young, beautiful, and free, don't let one little bump along the road keep you from living your life to the fullest. Appreciate the people around you who don't make you a thousand promises but value you enough to always stay. Make time for your family and friends who love you unconditionally. Join more organizations, focus on your goals, and make new plans for the future. Traveling helps a ton! Think of it as a learning experience and come out a better person. If you were together with your boyfriend for three years, then what is three years to the rest of your life?

8. Focus on yourself now.

Perhaps when you were in a relationship, it was always about selflessness and conquering life as a team, but now it's time to be a little selfish and independent. All that matters now is you and what you deserve. A couple of months ago, I loathed my then boyfriend so much that I kept thinking about all the karma that he deserved but I realize now that I should just stop thinking about what he deserves and focus more on what I deserve. Stop thinking about getting back at him and start working on bettering yourself. Choose to excel more in school, get into sports or get a new hair color – anything, as long as it's for your own happiness and well being.

9. Don't give up on love just because some guy chose to give up on you.

Some people who've gotten their hearts broken often become cynical and put up these walls that stop themselves from ever falling in love again. To tell you the truth, I almost did. I used to tell my friends that I'd grow to be a bitter old hag with sixty cats, but you know what, why let one failed relationship define you? Nothing worth it ever comes easy after all. I don't regret my past relationship because at one point in my life, it made me the happiest girl alive and that time will forever hold a special place in my heart. Every time you fall in love, you take a risk. Well I took a risk and ended up getting my heart broken. Who knows, it might happen again once or twice in the future. It's a real challenge, but I'd like to believe that all these risks are going to be worth it when I finally find the right guy. I hope you believe as much as I do and fall in love whenever you can. It's always better to love than to never have loved at all.

10. Love yourself enough to know that you deserve the very best.

Don't settle for anyone mediocre just because you weren't patient enough to wait for the very best. Don't worry, that guy who just broke your heart isn't the best, because the right guy wouldn't have the guts to leave you. To anyone who's going through the same hurt I've been through, know that you deserve even more than the love you know you can give. You deserve stability; someone who won't ever walk out on you when things get rough. You deserve honesty at all times. You deserve to be treated right. You deserve faithfulness, respect and compassion; otherwise it isn't love at all. TC mark

Sometimes Being Together Isn’t Enough To Fall In Love

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 06:00 PM PDT

Pavel Badrtdinov
Pavel Badrtdinov

“If you can't have the one you love, love the one you're with.”

It's comforting being with someone who cares about you. Every time you need a shoulder to cry on, a rock for support, a cuddle buddy at the end of a bad day, it's great to have that person there. But what if that person likes you more than you like them? Should you stay with him or her because you do like them, you could see yourself growing to like them more, they're great to have around, but there's something missing.

In these situations, it's best to be honest. Be honest with yourself, and ask why you're sticking around. If it's for the right reasons, great! But if it's because you feel comfortable but something's missing, then you know what you have to do. And most importantly, you need to be honest with your partner. He's (or she’s) a person too, has feelings, and you need to respect those feelings.

This is especially true if you still think you're in love with someone else. I've heard and read that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. That might be the case for some people, but it's not true for everyone. Sure, you can find someone to have fun with for the time being. It's a good distraction and a great band aid, but that's all it is. And if you're both just looking to have fun, that needs to be made known right from the beginning.

But if you meet someone who wants something more serious, then you need to make a decision on whether or not you're ready for that. It's okay to not be ready for that. Love isn't something you can just forget about. Personally, I'm the type of person to fall hard and fast and then spend a long time getting over it. Especially when it's left open-ended. Those are the WORST.

The reason behind that is you have no idea why things ended in the first place. And it probably has nothing to do with you, but you're still going to question everything, from the things you could have done differently to question you as a person.

You should never feel like you have to question yourself as a person. For me, this is always the hardest part. I put so much of my time, energy and resources into being with someone I share a connection with, then it goes away. I place so much value on maintaining the relationship, I question my own value when it's over. And it's the worst feeling in the world.

I'm lucky enough to have friends and family who build me up, and help me realize my worth as a person again. I'm lucky enough to visit places that make me realize there's a whole world out there full of new places to explore and new people to meet.

And what about these open-ended endings? Would it be wise, if the opportunity came up ever again, to rekindle the relationship between this person?

Despite the friends and family telling you it's a bad idea, I would do it. I would give that person a second chance. But the relationship would be different. Trust would be that much harder to earn. And if this person was serious about giving it a second chance, they would have to accept that.

You cannot pick up from where you left off. It has to be as if you were starting from the beginning again.

So back to the original statement: if you can't have the one you love, love the one you're with — I don't think you can do that. Because if you're still in love with someone else, you'll never be able to completely love the new person. And that's not fair if they love you. It also sounds like you're settling. Something you should never have to do.

Best advice: take time to fall back in love with yourself, and out of love with the other person. Be okay with being alone and being single. Do things with friends who value your company and know how amazing you are. And when you're feeling your best, someone will come into your life and it will be the right time. TC mark

To The Girls Still Searching For Big Love

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 05:00 PM PDT

monicalion
monicalion

There is nothing wrong with being a romantic. There is no fault in assuming you deserve adoration, devotion, and respect. If you get pissed off by one word texts, last minute blow-offs, and the entire idea of "ghosting" someone, I am with you. Here's the thing about believing in old-fashioned love: people will try to tell you to stop expecting so much. Let me declare now, I will never stop expecting big love and you shouldn't either.

To the girls who get called sensitive too often, don't let the bitter in heart stop you from feeling everything deeply. To feel is to experience life fully.

To the girls who are told being passionate is unfavorable, don't trade in dedication for detachment. You are willing to fight for love and that is admirable.

To the girls who get hurt a lot because your optimism often outweighs your sensibility, don't surrender to expecting the worst from people. Disappointment is a natural part of life and love.

To the girls who pray for a life filled with surprise, wonder, and joy, don't withdraw from the world. Notice how many acts of love you can find wherever you look.

Love was created to be intangible, enormous, and meaningful. Love gives us purpose. Love has the power to alter us over and over. Love, big love, is inspiring.

Don't apologize for wanting life-changing love. Don't settle for less-than-extraordinary love. Search endlessly for your best friend, for that "love you, even when I hate you" love.

Wait for love that moves, love that acts and love that stops everything for you. Go after the love that astonishes you, but also the itty bitty love; the love that does your laundry and surprises you with lunch and comforts you when something bad happens.

Expect the kind of love that is there for you every day, not because it’s easy but because that’s what love is. Yearn for love that trusts, that serves, that cherishes. Real love pursues. Real love can't help but show itself.

To the girls who are frustrated, busying themselves by swiping and double tapping and snapping. You are missing the point of everything. To have faith in love is the biggest victory of all. Now carry on, heart first. TC mark

All It Took Was Silence For You To Break Me Down

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 04:00 PM PDT

Look Catalog
Look Catalog

I told myself over and over that I wasn't going to let myself get attached. I said I would keep my distance because people always leave.

But you were different, or so you seemed.

You were kind, and gentle, and sweet. You didn't push and you didn't lie. You were just you, someone who seemed perfectly compatible to me. I guess that is where I went wrong.

I assumed I knew you better than I did. I looked further into your messages and your words than I should have. I began stupidly analyzing the things you said to me and got lost in the expressions on your face.

But all it took was silence from you to realize I was in way too deep.

The silence shouldn't have hurt and it shouldn't have bothered me, but it did.

I should have been prepared and I should have been smarter because I should have known this was going to happen looking back at my track record.

If there is one thing I've learned it's that people leave, people always leave.

Your silence started killing me slowly until it began to overpower me. It started to make me feel worthless and hopeless. It was another relationship that just ended, vanished, ghosted, whatever term makes you happiest, but it's gone. All I know is it's just gone.

Your silence broke me down, it started eating me up. I wanted to question you. I wanted answers and an explanation of what is going through your head, but I didn't get one. And I didn't ask for one.

I just let the silence grow between us, each minute and hour and day I trust your memory will fade and soon enough someone new will come along and take your place. It always happens, I always move on.

Maybe one day I'll learn not to be so trusting and hopeful. I can't help it, I don't think it matters how many times my heart is chipped away at with what feels like an ice chisel. I will still see the best in everyone from the very start and every time to this day I've ended up disappointed.

That's my problem. I trust too easily. I am broken often, but not for long. I will always pull myself back together; glue the pieces that start falling apart from feeling worthless and not good enough and I will move on because I have to.

Your silence says a lot more about you than your words ever will.

Your silence says everything I needed to hear and destroyed every ounce of hope I had placed in you. Because as different as I thought you might be, or hoped you might be, it turned out you're not different from the rest.

I assumed you'd leave sooner or later, but I thought you were better than that to leave without a word. Yet again, I was wrong. I got your message loud and clear in the silence you let grow between us because sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.

You silence broke me down, but it won't keep me down. After all, we're all a little broken. I'll pick up the pieces; mend them back together before I'll give my heart to the next fool who walks into my life. Your silence might have broke me, but I've always been good at fixing what's broken. TC mark

I Still Remember How It All Started But I’ll Never Forget How It All Ended

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 03:00 PM PDT

 vegasworld
vegasworld

I still remember the first time we met and the way you made me smile. But I'll never forget the nights you made me cry and the nights you walked away.

I still remember how your text or your call would turn a horrible day into bliss and I still remember how I envisioned that all my days will be brighter with you. But I'll never forget the happiness you stole away from me on some nights, and the nights that were darker because of you and the nights I couldn't sleep from my tears.

I still remember the way you looked at me when I was all you could ever see and all you wanted and I still remember the words you whispered when no one else was around and the promises that made me look forward to a lifetime with you. But I'll never forget the way your eyes changed, the way they wandered when I was with you, the way they were distracted, the way they were confused and I'll never forget how you slowly started to break every promise and how you kept taking back all your words.

I still remember the night I held you in my arms when you were aching and how you told me not to let go and I promised you I'll stay as long as you want me to. But I'll never forget the nights I needed you and you weren't there and the summer nights that turned cold with you.

I still remember the time you almost proposed and told me that I'm the one for you and I still remember how I always thought that my son will have your smile and my daughter will have your eyes. But I'll never forget how you made me feel invisible, how you got so caught up in your life and your priorities that suddenly family was not on your list anymore and suddenly I was not on your list anymore.

I still remember how you gave me a new meaning for family and how you told me that we can redefine it for ourselves; that we can forget what we witnessed with our parents and teach our kids how it should be. But I'll never forget how you slowly turned into the man you said you'll never be, how you became indifferent, how you became passionless and unattached and how you made me even more fearful to start my own family.

I still remember the sweet times and the moments when we were in love but I'll never forget the pain and the moments we ripped each other apart.

I guess you will always be my first love and my first heartbreak and I guess the love that makes us smile is the same love that makes us cry.

I still remember how I said I’ll always come back to you but I'll never forget that I promised myself not to ever look back once I walk away.  TC mark

To My Future Boyfriend: Where The F$%* Are You?

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 02:00 PM PDT

Quentin Simon
Quentin Simon

Seriously, where are you? Can you please raise your hand if you’re mine? Can you show me a sign that at the very least you exist? Or maybe you could just let me know when you’re going to come around. Because, waiting around is getting kind of old. And boring.

Don’t worry, I’m not just wallowing around feeling sorry for myself. I go to bars, I go to parties, I have online dating apps (ok, so what if I’ve only been on one date? It gets so sketchy) and I have great friends. I’m not just sitting in my bed crying about how I haven’t met you yet.

I’m happy with my life.

I’m not saying you need to show up this instant. I’m not saying you need to be in my arms today. But, sometimes when I am alone, with just my own thoughts shouting at me, I get scared. I feel afraid. I get lonely. 

And I get it, it’s normal to have those fears. It’s normal to have anxiety about your future. But.

When those fears creep into my mind, it’s hard to make them go away.

They tell me I’m getting older, and I just might grow old alone. They tell me I will never settle down, and I’ll never find a soulmate. They whisper to me at night, telling me that I better hurry it up and start looking. They shout at me in the morning that I need to stop waking up by myself every day.

And sometimes I listen to those fears. My god, what if I never find you? What if you aren’t who I’m looking for? How long is it going to take? What if you don’t love me as much as I do? Then what? What if I can never find another you?

But having anxiety about the “what if’s” isn’t going to help me find you. And it isn’t going to change anything. I bet, if you were with me right now, you’d probably tell me to calm down. To chill. To relax. And I’ll try. Because I know that worrying about things that haven’t even happened, isn’t very beneficial. I’ll try to live in the now, and to keep focusing on what I do have instead of what I don’t. I’ll really try.

BUT. If you maybe wanted to show up tomorrow, that would be great too.

You’d probably save me from a lot of panic attacks and sleepless nights.

And at the next wedding I get invited to, I won’t have to go by myself for once. I’d finally have someone to hold hands with, and to say “I love you” with.

So, if you are out there, it’d be awesome if you could just let me know that one day, you’ll finally show up. It’d be amazing to know that you do in fact exist. Please, if you ever see me, say hi. Give me a wave. Or a nod. Even a hand shake would do.

To my future boyfriend: I don’t know where you are right now, or what you are doing. I don’t know your name or your favorite color. I don’t know what you look like. But just know that, when you do show up, I’ll be all yours. I’ll be your favorite thing to wake up to. And I’ll be your favorite thing to say goodnight to. You will be my person. And you will be my love. TC mark

Read This If You Can’t Imagine Anyone Ever Falling For You

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 01:00 PM PDT

Gabi E. Mulder
Gabi E. Mulder

You can’t imagine anyone getting butterflies when your name pops up on their phone. You can’t imagine anyone daydreaming about you when they get bored at work. You can’t imagine anyone ever falling for you, because it’s never happened before. Of course, that doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future, which is why this is something you need to read.

You only have one soulmate.

Or maybe you have a few soulmates, but either way, the amount of people you’ll clash with will outnumber the amount of people you’ll connect with. So don’t stress out if all of your crushes have turned out to be dead-ends. When someone screws you over, don’t think of it as a reason to stay inside and eat ice cream. Think of it as an opportunity to jump back into the dating pool and find the person who’s truly meant for you. Some people waste their entire lives with the wrong partner, so be thankful you still have time to spare.

You’re not your insecurities.

You might hate how flabby your stomach is, how big your nose is, or how over-analytical your brain is. But guess what? When you meet the right person, they aren’t going to focus on your “flaws.” That doesn’t mean they’ll be blind, that they’ll see you as some perfect creature who can do no wrong. They’ll still notice your weak points, but they won’t give a damn about them. That means they won’t try to fix you, because they’ll already be happy with who you are–and who are you? You’re the love of their life.

You’re a total catch.

It’s easy to believe that “anyone would be lucky to have you” is a lie, especially when it’s coming from friends and family who are pretty much required to make you feel better about yourself. But whether you believe the line or not, it’s the truth. You’re the type of person who would buy your partner soup and sing them silly little lullabies when they’re sick. You’re the type of person who would sit side-by-side with them on the couch, reading a book while they watched their favorite TV show. Doesn’t that make you a catch?

You never know what others are thinking.

Haven’t you had crushes that you’ve kept to yourself? Of course you have. Well, then isn’t it possible that there are a few people out there who are crushing on you, but would never admit it? Don’t assume that you’re unlovable, just because you haven’t received any love letters or dick pics. More people like you than you think.

Pessimism won’t get you anywhere. 

If you tell yourself that you’re never going to find love, you’re setting yourself up for failure. Even if a sexy stranger flirts with you, you won’t read anything into it, because you’ll assume that they aren’t actually interested. So if you want someone to fall for you, you have to realize that you’re worth falling for. That’s why you always hear that you “have to learn to love yourself before you can love somebody else.” Your confidence can take you a long way. TC mark

You Are My Person

Posted: 11 Jul 2016 12:00 PM PDT

Paolo Raeli
Paolo Raeli

You are my person.

No I am not going to say you were my person because you are my person. You will always be my person.

I love you like I loved no other. I love you unconditionally. When you love someone, you see them in everything. I see you in everything. I hear you in the lyrics of every song. Your absence marks my presence, and all to often my reality is surrounded of memories of us from the past. I see her as well, the girl who doesn't belong with you. The wrong one. I can almost imagine her smiling at me, with a smirk mocking me on her pretty face, because she has your attention now, and I do not. Little does she know, I am the one you belong with, that can not be changed.

My sweet boy, you leaving me has taught me to have more independence than I thought I had in myself. I have become someone incredible, someone I never thought I was. This strength has come from the inner most deepest parts of me, as I continue my life expedition without you.

But I must admit, I don't want to continue without you.

That does not take away any of my strength, losing someone who was your other half makes you empty, lost. You were the reason why I liked waking up in the morning, knowing I was waking up to your handsome face, looking into those beautiful, mysterious blue eyes that always kept me wondering. You were the reason why I went to sleep with a smile on my face, hearing your voice until the last possible moment I could stay awake, while we laid in my bed.

You were the reason why my happiness existed, always putting a smile on my face was what you were amazing at.

You knew me all too well, so fast. You got me. You were the reason why I dreamt about life, imaging what it could have given us. You were the reason why I fought so hard when you pushed me away… But, I unfortunately failed. Feeling all too worthless.

Until we meet again mi amore… When that day comes I hope we are both in the right spot for each other. Today is not for us but you and I both know that day is going to come. Maybe two months from now, maybe five years from now, maybe twenty years from now. We are right for each other. Our love that we shared has faded but is impossible to disappear. One day you are going to wake up and realize what you are missing, what you have pushed away. The most intimate love you could ever experience. I can promise you I would cherish you and love you forever. I would listen and be your shoulder to cry on.

I would be your smile when you're feeling low. I would be your guidance when you are feeling lost. I would be everything you could ever dream of and more.

I realize what I lost every single day I wake up and don’t have your arms wrapped around me keeping me safe. You're my saviour, my angel. You lifted me up when I was at my worst possible misery. The connection we share is powerful, always will be. TC mark