Thought Catalog


I Just Had The Sex I’ve Been Craving For Months, And I Can’t Stop Thinking About When I’ll Get More

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 08:15 PM PDT

Naud/
Naud/

He leaned over my shoulder and I could just barely smell his body wash, something young and enticing—mint mixed with musk. It made me want to rest my head against his chest and breathe him in. But I kept my eyes focused on the stack of paperwork in front of me.

"I'm almost done," I said, "Then we can go watch TV."

He breathed deeply in reply, his warm breath tickling the sensitive skin on my neck. He leaned forward again, the scruff of his beard brushing the tender spot between my neck and collarbone.

"Okay," he whispered playfully, his hands finding their way to my tense shoulders and beginning to massage. "I guess I'll let you finish first."

I tried to focus on the paper in front of me, but the numbers were becoming blurred as I gave into his touch. It was like all the tension from my long day of work was traveling out of my shoulders and into his hands.

I closed my eyes, imagining the veins in his arms. Those fucking sexy veins. I had tried for weeks now to stop tracing over those veins with my eyes, stop picturing those hands on me. We were friends. Nothing like that could happen.

Still I could feel the sexual tension in the air. It was strong, palpable.

He hesitated for a moment and I wondered what he was thinking. We hadn't done anything yet, just harmless flirting here and there, but nothing concrete.

Even though we both knew we wanted it.

His fingers slid slowly up the base of my neck, pressing slightly at the vein that was pulsing with anticipation. "Mhmm," he sighed. "I guess I'll leave you alone."

His voice was thick and it sent goosebumps from my neck down to my legs. It was fucking insane how just his voice could do that to me. I closed my eyes then opened them again, forcing myself to look at the paper in front of me. He pressed his chin into my neck again, then slowly moved upward, scratching me softly with his beard.

Fuck it. I wasn't going to get anything done.

I leaned into him and felt him stiffen. This was the moment. It was either happening or it wasn't. I wished, again, that I could read his thoughts. The thoughts in my own head were so loud I swear he could hear them.

I'm ready.

His hands shifted forward again, tracing over my collarbone. He slid one finger underneath the hem of my shirt, making my body flush warm. Then he began to alternate between touching me gently and pressing his fingers hard into my skin. The sensation was driving me crazy. I could feel my clit start to throb in anticipation.

His hands paused on my chin, tracing my jaw line, then slowly turning me around to face him. His eyes were low, almost dream-like. So fucking sexy.

He tilted my face to his and kissed me softly. I swear it was like my lips melted into his, like our bodies knew each other. We became urgent. He lifted me from the chair and thrust my body into his. My hands pulled his hair; I dug my fingernails into the warm skin of his back. He grabbed at my arms, my neck, my breasts. Every touch filled me with more and more pleasure.

I wanted him. I needed him.

We kissed hard then soft, slow then deep. I felt like I could hardly catch my breath and my knees felt weak as I leaned into him. He was hard. So hard. Through his gym shorts I could feel all of him, even bigger than I ever imagined.

aHe was ready too.

He led me to his bedroom, lips still locked on mine. Even when he turned around to shut the door he pulled me with him, unable to let go. I didn't want him to.

He spun me around and slowly moved my hair from the nape of my neck. His hands traveled over my shoulders, my breasts, and my arms until they reached the hem of my skirt. I took a deep breath. Every cell in my body was pulsing and I could feel that I was already soaking through my thong. God I wanted him.

He squeezed my hips, my ass, then slowly pulled my shirt over my head, running his hands over every inch of my bare skin. I was wearing a lace bralette and he took his time admiring it, slipping his fingers under the straps and moving the thin fabric aside to playfully flick my nipples.

I reached for him, grabbing his arms, digging my fingernails into his skin. He was taking too long. I wanted him now. He squeezed my breasts again, then lifted my bralette over my head and moved to my skirt. It was almost painful, waiting as he slowly unzipped the back, taking his time to slide his fingers over my thong and touch me through the fabric.

I grabbed his face, kissing him urgently and he gave in. I stepped out of my shorts and thong, and turned to face him, grabbing at his shirt and pulling it over his head. In an instant, we were both naked and warm, our bodies flush against one another, his erection pressed into me.

"Wrap your legs around me," he instructed, firm and serious now. I did as I was told.

He lifted me to the bed and wiggled down, sliding his tongue inside me. I gasped. I was soaking wet. And his tongue felt amazing.

He alternated between his tongue and his fingers, gliding both in and out, fast then slow, licking my clit and pressing deep into me, a mix of intense pleasure. I grabbed at his shoulders, moaning in delight. With every moan he went deeper, more urgent. My body was throbbing, desiring him with every inch of me.

"I want you," I moaned. He murmured in response, vibrating my clit. It felt fucking heavenly. He slid his fingers in again, even deeper this time. Then shifted so that our bodies were matched again. I could feel him, so hard against my inner thigh. I leaned forward but he pushed my body back then slid into me

The sensation was incredible. The fullness of him. His hands squeezing my breasts. His body thrusting into mine. Our bodies beginning to rock in rhythm.

"Mhmm…" he moaned, pushing deeper. I grabbed at his shoulders, pulling him closer to me so I could feel his chest against mine, his beard against my cheek. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and kissed me. We fell into rhythm, fast and slow, each thrust going deeper, making my back arch with pleasure.

When he commanded me to hold onto him, I did, and we flipped over, me on top. I thrust my hips back and forth, letting him slide all the way out of me then back in, quick then slow, watching his eyes roll back with pleasure, feeling his hands grab me hard enough to leave bruises.

We fucked for hours, rolling around, pulling hair, grabbing breasts and ass and shoulders and backs and skin. I rode him until he came then he thrust into me while fingering my clit until I did too, a beautiful climax of screams and scratches and bliss.

When we were finished, he kissed me again, then pulled me to his chest.

"I don't know what the fuck just happened," he murmured into my hair, pushing a loose strand away from my face, "But damn. That was good." TC mark

This Is Why Your Boss Hates You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 05:45 PM PDT

iStockPhoto.com/ Tempura
iStockPhoto.com/ Tempura

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

You're such a perfectionist and you're so detail oriented to the point that you can point out your boss's mistakes which can make him/her feel inadequate. It's not a surprise that your boss always asks you to 'review' his presentations before important meetings.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

You always have a reason or an excuse for everything. You answer back and challenge your boss if they're criticizing your work because you take it so personally. Your boss probably can't give you a remark without you having a thousand comebacks.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

You laugh and joke a lot in the office and you're often chatting with your coworkers. You're also loud and somehow obnoxious, your behavior leaves your uncool boss very frustrated and annoyed that they will never work in peace again as long as you're there.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

You're probably so sensitive at work that the slightest comment can make you sick or make you cry. Your boss doesn't know how to handle your emotions and tries to avoid talking directly to you. They usually send your closest coworker to deliver the bad news.

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

You're always outshining your boss in group meetings and presentations because of your confidence and your exceptional communication skills. Your clients probably like working more with you than your boss and they are more drawn to your personality. Your boss definitely feels threatened by you.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Your boss doesn't hate you and probably can't hate you, you're so proper and polite and you always work harder than anyone else. Your boss probably depends on you to do 90% of the work and you're secretly his/her favorite.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

You are always so cool, calm and collected, which makes your boss question your passion and enthusiasm about the job or if you even take your work seriously. You're calm demeanor can sometimes make your boss feel like you don't care enough about the job.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Your boss probably hates your 'know it all' attitude, he/she probably thinks you're a show off and you're aiming for his/her title (which is probably true). You're very intelligent and competitive, even with your boss and you always want to show your clients and your colleagues that you know more about work and know more about life.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

You ask for too many vacation days because you're always traveling. Your boss sometimes wonder how you even get away with taking all these days off and still manage to get your work done. Your boss thinks your work-life balance is off because it seems like you're living a lot more than you’re working.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

You overstep your boundaries – a lot. You're very feisty and stubborn that you sometimes can call out your boss or even give them an attitude if your opinions or ideas were not taken into consideration. Sometimes your boss can feel that you have no respect for them and you just want to do things your way.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

You never follow the rules. Your boss can't stand the fact that you never do anything the way everyone else is doing it. You're always doing things differently and you always come up with unconventional ways to do things. Your boss secretly thinks you should be self-employed because you don't like being told what to do.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

You're always late; to the office, to meetings, to your lunch hour with your boss. You're never punctual and that makes it hard for your boss to trust you to show up before he/she does, and is always apologizing to clients for your chronic lateness.  TC mark

16 Surprisingly Honest Men On The Exact Moment They Fell In Love With Their Current Partner

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 05:30 PM PDT

laurenpitylak
laurenpitylak

1.
“She was literally the girl next door and looking back, I think I’ve always been a little bit in love with her. But one summer we were both back home for break and staying with our families again and I remember kissing her goodnight on her doorstep (very high school of us) and it felt like all of the puzzle pieces of my life were finally together. It just fit. We just fit.” — Jacob, 25


2.
“If you asked her she’d probably talk about the vacation we took with her family one winter because it was pretty picture perfect. But really it was one morning when we both woke up after a night of drinking too much, not feeling super great, and ended up just being lazy, hungover assholes together. I realized that even when I felt like shit, I wanted her around. Because being around her even when things aren’t awesome is still pretty awesome.” — Kyle, 27


3.
“I got into a pretty serious car accident and ended up having to have surgery to fix a broken femur. While realistically I knew it wasn’t a super dangerous surgery I had to make sure my boyfriend knew how much I cared about him before it happened. I knew I wanted him by my side, no matter what, for the rest of my life right then.” — Tyler, 29


4.
“I was finishing up my final year of grad school and was working on my dissertation. It had been a really stressful month getting ready to leave my program and wanting to do my best on everything, and admittedly I hadn’t been around very much. One night while I was working late I heard a knock on my door. I wasn’t expecting anything and my girlfriend and I had sent our goodnight texts and whatever, so I wasn’t sure who or what it was. It was a Postmates delivery of food and coffee for the next morning from my girlfriend. In that moment I knew that she both respected my drive enough to not feel threatened, but also wanted to be able to be there for me. I knew right then and there that I loved her.” — David, 26


5.
“We’d been dating about a year and out of nowhere I said, ‘My mom is going to love you.’ And I knew I wasn’t just saying it because it’s something girls like to hear, I said it because I knew it would be true and that that fact was really exciting to me. Knowing my family was going to value her as much as I do really meant she was the one for me.” — Marshall, 29


6.
“We’d had a pretty explosive fight that left both of us feeling really shitty. The next day she called and asked to come over and I was bracing myself for us to continue fighting. But she came over, wrapped her arms around me, and said she was sorry and didn’t want to talk about it until we were both ready. It meant a lot that she was more worried about making sure we were okay than she was about being right or being a winner. That’s when I knew I’d found one of the good ones.” — Cole, 24


7.
“My boyfriend’s family still struggles with our relationship sometimes. For a long time it was kind of a ‘don’t ask don’t tell’ sort of thing. But then one day, instead of just calling me his friend or just my name with no label, he introduced me to his VERY religious aunt as ‘my boyfriend.’ That’s how I knew that we were built to last — and I’ve never been prouder to call him mine.” — Samuel, 28


8.
“My girlfriend is ferociously stubborn and kind of hard to read. I knew she wanted to say ‘I love you’ but wasn’t saying it due to her own insecurities or society telling her to wait or whatever. We ended up kind of getting into a fight because she was so adamant about NOT saying it. When she finally caved it was almost 2 in the morning and she looked ridiculous and sort of just shouted, ‘Fine I fucking love you. Happy?’ It was so undeniably her and so stupid I burst out laughing and realized I would never be happier with any other girl. She may be a pain in the ass, but she’s my pain in the ass.” — Brendan, 26


9.
“I knew right when I dropped her off after our first date. I know it’s cliché but it’s true. They always say when you meet the right person you just know. And I definitely just knew.” — Dillon, 24


10.
“We took a spontaneous road trip together and ended staying in the sketchiest motel and basically just eating vending machine food for almost an entire day before making it to our *real* destination. Through it all she was laughing and had me laughing the whole time. The fact that she was so down to go on an adventure, and then not get freaked out when it didn’t EXACTLY go according to plan, and then make the best out of what could’ve been a disastrous situation absolutely made me fall for her.” — Josh, 27


11.
“I never thought I would settle down and was pretty sure I’d just date casually for most of my life. But then I met this girl who didn’t need me and made sure I knew she didn’t need me. I had never so desperately had to or wanted to chase a woman in my life. And when I caught her, I never wanted to let her go.” — Mark, 30


12.
“My girlfriend and I ended up accepting internships for the summer that put us on opposite ends of the country. Because hers was so low in pay and mine was unpaid we knew that meant 3 and half months of not seeing each other. Rather than take the summer apart and meet back up in September we decided to make a go of it. And then, come that fall, it was like no time had passed at all. Seeing her face again and hearing her say, ‘It’s almost like we never left,’ was one of the happiest moment of my life. That’s when I knew I absolutely was without question in love with her.” — Nicolas, 22


13.
“After the first time we had sex she high-fived me and said, ‘Give me ten minutes and then we gotta do that again.’ It was so hot and I’ve never loved a woman more.” — Connor, 25


14.
“My wife and I started dating when I was in my previous marriage. While I wouldn’t necessarily recommend infidelity to finding the love of your life, when I met her I knew I would regret it if I never got to know her. She showed me that I could live a life of actual happiness and excitement, not just one where I was only comfortable. I’ll never forget the first time she said, ‘I’m just happy I get to be with you.’ Still makes me melt to this day.” — Ted, 30


15.
“On our first date, yes our FIRST date, my brother called me to tell me my dad had a heart attack. He ended up being okay but my (now) boyfriend stayed with me almost the whole night so I didn’t have to be alone while I waited for updates about my dad. The fact that he was so caring and empathetic and nurturing to almost a complete stranger made me totally fall in love with him.” — Micah, 26


16.
“My girlfriend and I ran a marathon together last year. After we both finished and were relaxing at home with friends, I noticed she was messing around with her phone. When I asked what she was up to she showed me three other races she’d found for us to do together. Realizing I had a partner who not only challenged me but wanted me along for the adventure was so inspiring and made me absolutely sure she was the right person for me to be with.” Evan, 25 TC mark

The Real Reason He’s ‘Just Not That Into You,’ Based On His Zodiac Sign

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 05:00 PM PDT

Bianca des Jardins
Bianca des Jardins

Aries

(March 21st to April 19th)

He loves the thrill of a new chase, but the second it becomes clear that he’s “caught” you, he’ll run as fast as possible in the other direction. He needs constant change and stimulation, and he has the relationship attention span of a goldfish.

Taurus

(April 20th to May 21st)

He wants a relationship that feels secure while also not wanting to commit too fast. He wants to avoid the “what are we?” bomb, but he also doesn’t want you talking to anyone else – which will ultimately lead to him getting self-righteous and impulsively calling things off when you do keep your options open.

Gemini

(May 22nd to June 21st)

On the outside he comes off as light, easygoing, and fun. But there’s also a side to him that is anxious and consistently uncertain. Initially you two will have a blast together, but he’ll cut things off the moment he feels that you’re seeing the part of him that exists beneath the surface level.

Cancer

(June 22nd to July 22nd)

He can be extremely sweet and open with you, but the minute you don’t tell him exactly what he wants (and needs) to hear from you, he’s out.

Leo

(July 23rd to August 22nd)

Sometimes he is extremely warm and fascinating to be around, but he also likes to have things a certain way and can be incredibly condescending. So if you disagree with him on something or remind him that you are not dependent on him, he’ll panic and run the other way.

Virgo

(August 23rd to September 22nd)

He is a chronic overthinker, and is not exactly comfortable with change. You’ll be the breath of fresh air that he needs but convinces himself that he can’t handle.

Libra

(September 23rd to October 22nd)

He loves to feel connected and in sync with whomever he’s dating, but at the slightest hint of an argument or of trouble and paradise, he’s ending things so that he can be the one to walk away (in his mind) unscathed.

Scorpio

(October 23rd to November 22nd)

He falls for people hard and fast, but his passion has an ugly side to it. He’ll sense when you’re pulling back (or he’ll make it up in his head), and will call things off if you’re not professing your love for him from every mountaintop.

Sagittarius

(November 23rd to December 21st)

He’s capable of having as much fun as possible and completely incapable of ever having an emotional, serious conversation. If you try to talk to him about anything that’s not light or carefree, he’s already writing the breakup speech in his head. Or he’ll just straight up ghost you.

Capricorn

(December 22nd to January 20th)

He’s extremely logical and disciplined, and has no idea what to do with happiness. He’ll probably end it with you by convincing himself that you’re a distraction from his work or a hindrance to his typical routine.

Aquarius

(January 21st to February 18th)

He’s extremely independent and values his freedom more than anything. So if he feels like he’s getting too close or dependent on you, he’ll slowly but surely start to detach himself from whatever it is that the two of you have going on.

Pisces

(February 19th to March 20th)

He’s got a lot of big dreams and a lot of ideas of what he wants his life to look like, but he doesn’t know how to implement any of them. He’ll end things between you two when the newness of your relationship wears off and he’s onto his next fascination. TC mark

17 Men Who ‘Never Thought They’d Cheat’ On Why They Cheated

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 04:45 PM PDT

Bianca des Jardins
Bianca des Jardins

1. “Its hard to reconcile. I think of myself as a good guy and I’ve always been strongly against cheating. I’d rather just break up with someone if someone else seems so much better. But it just happened. She was a girl I worked with and we got close, we spent so much time together and she understood the stress of my job so much more than my girlfriend I actually started feeling closer to her. When my gf and I got in a huge fight, I was feeling reckless and started playing with fire. I invited the coworker for drinks “to vent” and one thing lead to another.” — Aaron, 29

2. “I never thought I’d be the guy who cheated. I lost my job, I gained weight, I was feeling pretty shitty about myself. It’s hard to even say this because it makes me feel like such a weak douchebag, but this really hot girl who was a friend of my buddy’s started paying attention to me and it just felt so good while I was feeling so low about everything. I went along with it, we didn’t even sleep together because the fantasy went away after we started hooking up, but it was already too far.” — Kevin, 27

3. “I was drunk. I don’t think drinking is an excuse, but I also know it’s something I never, ever would have done sober. I barely even remember it so I can’t say what my mindset was at the time. This was two years ago, I came clean a few weeks later and we’ve been broken up ever since. I don’t drink past “moderately buzzed” anymore.” — Jason, 28

4. “My wife stopped wanting to have sex with me. It was a long time and we talked about it and tried a lot of different things but I got to a place where it felt justified to me, like if she didn’t want to and I did — why shouldn’t I be able to hook up with someone else. It went on for a few months before I broke it off because I was honestly not interested in anything more than hooking up, and the other girl was. I haven’t told my wife and I haven’t done it again but I’m still not convinced it’s somehow the right thing to do to stay married to someone I love more than anything, and with whom everything else is perfect.” — Mark, 33

5. “The opportunity presented itself and I’ve always thought I’d say no in that situation, but I said yes. I surprised myself with how shitty I am, or maybe, how little control I have over what my dick wants.” — Alex, 27

6. “I’m not a cheater, but my ex threw herself at me a week before her wedding (to someone else). We both knew it was a one-time thing that didn’t mean anything other than “holy shit am I really only going to be with one person forever?” so I don’t think it was that bad. It’s not something that would happen again.” — Stephen, 29

7. “I figured it was less bad because I didn’t care about the girl I was dating that much. I was in a relationship with her, but it was more of a placeholder. I know this sounds like I’m a sociopath but I’m not. It’s just that whenever I thought “I’m not a guy who cheats” I imagined it being in a relationship with someone I loved deeply and would never hurt. This was not that.” — Andy, 22

8. “Everyone knows me as a really great guy and I try to live up to that reputation. I’d never cheated before this one incident and I never will again, either. What happened was that I loved this girl, but we both got comfortable. The luster wore off. We were on our wait out but neither of us wanted to do the dirty work of breaking up. So when the opportunity presented itself, I cheated. I didn’t realize it at the time but it was the excuse I needed to end the relationship.” — Mike, 23

9. “I was getting ready to get serious with this girl, and I thought she might be the one but I had these huge doubts. As much as I cared about her, I was worrying constantly that there might be something better out there. Spoiler alert: there was. I was an asshole, but it needed to happen for me to see that while she was great, she wasn’t it for me.” – Morgan, 29

10. “I’m a great guy until my sexual needs stop being met. If she was putting in the effort, I would be 100% committed to her, but she stopped caring so I did too.” — Ben, 27

11. “She was everything my girlfriend wasn’t, and I got too curious to stop myself.” — Jonathan, 24

12. “We have kids together and I love her and don’t want to break up — but we don’t have sex. She’s totally over it. I view this as an act of charity, this is the only way our family will stay together.” — Jim, 32

13. “I didn’t want it but I was at a party, a little tipsy but in control, this girl brought me outside under false pretense and started making out with me. I pushed her off at first, but them I realized I was horny and I gave in. It was a stupid weakness in the moment. I was caught off-guard. I never thought I’d be someone who cheated. — Peter, 20

14. “I was seeing someone who I was really excited about, but we weren’t official. I was trying not to be overwhelming or too needy, because I have a tendency to be that way. A buddy told me the best way to do this is to date multiple people, so that you’re not too invested in the level of attention any one of them in particular gives you, you’ve got back up. So I did this and I was actually somehow sleeping with all three of them at once when the one I really liked made a comment about how we were exclusive. I had no idea we were supposed to be exclusive since we’d never officially talked about it, but I was game. I dumped the other girls immediately, but I think I technically cheated on her.” — James, 28

15. “My girlfriend was traveling a lot for work and I was lonely. I was getting closer to a female friend and I knew it was wrong, but I kept telling myself I’d never cross the line. Until I did. I lost my girlfriend because of it and didn’t care enough about the friend to want to date her afterwards. And now I’m forever branded a cheater.” — John, 35

16. “I got married too young. I found my dream girl afterwards. I’m seeing her. She knows I’m married. I hate hurting my wife. I’m so confused.” — Brad, 30

17. “Cheating is such a big bad thing, of course it’s something I would never do. But we don’t live in the big world of moral absolutes. We live in granular reality. We live in small moments that build. Little mistakes that add up to a decision you would never make if it were offered to you wholesale. I said I’d never cheat while cheating a little bit every day. And then one day it was happening and I realized I’d been creating this circumstance for months. I was the frog that got boiled alive because I let myself turn the temperature up so slowly, I didn’t even notice.” — Justin, 25 TC mark

15 Small (But Important) Things You Owe Yourself

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 04:30 PM PDT

Lyubomir Ignatov
Lyubomir Ignatov

1. Taking a break if you’re constantly feeling exhausted. So, after a full night of sleep, you’re still waking up totally drained? You need what my mom always referred to as “a mental health day.” If you can, call in sick from work. Just for one day. Take a bubble bath or read a book, whatever the thing is that relaxes you. Allow yourself ONE day out of the year to play hooky.

2. Putting yourself first sometimes. Being generous with your time and heart is a beautiful thing, and absolutely something to be proud of. Practicing acts of selfless love is something everyone should do more of. But you shouldn’t neglect your own needs. You’re important too.

3. Not living your life on autopilot. Have you ever been driving, arrived at your destination, and suddenly thought, “Woah, I’m here already? How did I even get here?” When something is routine enough, we begin doing it without much thought. We’re robotic doing the same thing, not even thinking about it. But this is always a good moment to check in with yourself. Be present. Take a second to relax and feel what you’re doing and where you are.

4. Being your own number one fan. If that little voice in your head is tearing you down more than building you up, you need to fix that ASAP. Nothing in life is certain EXCEPT how you decide to feel about yourself. If you’re not sure how to start, write down everything you’re proud of, the things you love about yourself. Repeat them when you’re feeling low. And remember how goddamn awesome you are. Seriously.

5. Being able to laugh at yourself. Life is so much easier to survive with a sense of humor. Don’t take yourself SO seriously all the time.

6. Not wasting time in one-sided relationships. This could be romantic or platonic. When only one person puts in time and energy, it isn’t a real relationship. And it will only hurt you the longer it lasts.

7. Eating a healthy breakfast. Just do it. It’s important.

8. Crying it out. Personally, I think there’s nothing better than a good cry. And I get not everyone will agree with that. But if you constantly bottle up your emotions, you’re liable to explode one day. Instead, honor your emotions when they come. If you need to cry, cry. Nothing wrong with that!

9. Trying new things, even if you end up looking dumb. If you can put aside your fear of looking foolish, your life will improve DRASTICALLY. Take that improv class you’ve been thinking about, or go sing your heart out at karaoke. You will always find yourself more embarrassing than others do.

10. Learning a new perspective. Don’t be so quick to dismiss someone who thinks differently from you. Try listening.

11. Meditating in the morning. Meditation looks different for everyone. And I think it can be whatever you decide to make it. Maybe you go through an entire guided meditation, or you just take a few moments to check in with yourself and be still. Starting your day this way sets you off on a good foot.

12. Only spending time with people who make you feel good. Think about the people in your life. Who do you look forward to seeing? Who do you dread? Be purposeful with who you share energy with. Life’s too short for toxicity.

13. Giving yourself a chance to make mistakes. And being gentle with yourself when you do. Everyone screws up. We’re human. Move forward and take what you learned with you.

14. Owning up to your mistakes. It’s one thing to make one, and another to admit to it. It will humble you to acknowledge when you were wrong.

15. Loving yourself as you are – not as a “work in progress.” This is something I think we’ve all been guilty of. Maybe we want to lose weight or get that job promotion – whatever the next step is that we think makes us more worthy. Having goals is great. But deciding to ONLY love yourself when you achieve them is not. You deserve to love yourself on every part of your journey. TC mark

Why You Owe It To Yourself To Walk Away When Someone Says They’re ‘Guarded’

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 04:15 PM PDT

 Bianca des Jardins
Bianca des Jardins

At one point or another, we all fall for someone with a guard up.

These people have one foot in the door- but one foot out. These people have hearts of gold but barbed wire fences around them; pure and genuine intentions but actions that do not back them up.

And it's so easy to only see the best in these people. Because they always give you just enough to go on.

Sometimes you'll see that fence around their heart come down. Sometimes those people will step outside and open their doors up and show you the brilliance behind what they've been protecting.

You're going to see moments where their faces light up and their laughter comes easily and there seems to be absolutely nothing standing between you and the whole of their heart. There are going to be moments of true vulnerability, instances of genuine connection, full days spent together where you feel as though the coming and going is finally over with.

That the pushing and pulling is a past affair, that they are here now, that they're present, that they're ready to fully engage in something genuine and real.

But with these people, it very seldom lasts.

These people want to love when there's no cost to do so, to give only when they already have more than enough.

They want to love when it's convenient. And when it's not, they want to simply self-preserve.

And the problem with these self-preservers is that we've been taught it is romantic to pine after them. If we just chase them for long enough, coax them hard enough, convince them to come back to the world of the living and the loving, we can change them.

But here's the harsh truth that we ought to be taught instead:

It should never, ever, ever be your responsibility to break down someone else's guard.

Because peoples' guards go up for a reason.

Guards are there to keep people out because the person behind them isn't done healing yet. Because they are not done working on themselves. Because they are not ready to dole out love in a healthy and genuine way.

And you cannot love someone who is so direly unready for it. Whose first instinct is still self-preservation.

You can't love someone who wants love only when it's easy, when it's unchallenging, when the stakes are low and the rewards are piling high.

Because the kind of love they're able to give you isn't healthy – not for you and not for them either. Their walls are up because they still need time to work on that love – to figure out how to produce more of it, until they have enough to share around.

And if there's anything I hope you take my word on, it's this: If what these people truly, genuinely wanted was to let love in, they would.

If what they wanted was to tear down their defenses, place their trust in someone else and open themselves up to the possibility of being cared for completely and reciprocally, they would do so. They're capable of it. They know it and you know it too.

But they're choosing their guards for a reason. They're choosing their guards because they don't want to be out of control, because they don't want to give themselves over, because they like the life they've built for themselves infinitely better than the life they could establish alongside someone else.

A part of them probably does crave love. A part of them probably does crave belonging. But it's only a part. It's not the whole thing. It's always only a fragmented piece.

And so here's the bitter truth about these people with inconsistent hearts: You have to let them go.

You don't have to hate them. You don't have to rid them from your lives. You don't even have to stop loving them, in whichever way you're able to do so that does not breed pain and expectation.

But you have to give up on the idea of them letting those guards down and welcoming you in. You have to give up o n the idea that love will change them, love will complete them, love will do anything other than place demands on them that they're not ready to fulfill.

When it comes to love, half-way will never be good enough.

Not for you. Not for them. Not yet.

And so when you meet these people who are only half-ready to love you, you have to let them go.

Let them find a way to lower their own guards.

Let them heal.

And if it’s truly meant to be, let them come back – once they’re finally ready to let you in. TC mark

24 Creepy-Ass Internet Stories That’ll Freak You The F*ck Out

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 04:00 PM PDT

Bianca des Jardins
Bianca des Jardins

1. We *literally* lost time.

2. This is really freaky!

3. We snuck into this house and regretted it!

4. WOWOWOWOW Spooky!!

5. 0/10 recommend this f*cking haunted house

6. OMG

7. Then I noticed it —

8. “They saw five crosses”

9. Friends didn’t like staying at my house.

10. Creepy newspaper article

11. You have to believe in Santa…

12. We could never capture the figure

13. Suicide hotline call gone wrong

14. Now I’m a hero.

15. It’s after me now…

16. My phone

17. “Mother” wasn’t quite so nice…

18. “I didn’t wake you up…”

19. Grandfather Tim, or Grandfather Time?

20. This hotel was f*cking scary!

21. Out of control hands

22. He was looking at it too…

23. Have you ever seen a Vampire?

24. Whispers in the house

25 Things Every Woman Should Know By 25

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 03:46 PM PDT

chanelpluscat /
chanelpluscat /

1.

Happiness is not a place to get to. It is a mindset.

2.

Envy is a waste of time. There is always going to be someone smarter than you, or younger than you, or thinner than you, or more financially stable than you.

3.

It’s difficult to ever fully get rid of the feeling of envy, but it loses much of its power when you can acknowledge its presence and then consciously focus your energy elsewhere.

4.

Finding the balance between being the protagonist of your own life, while also understanding that some things are simply out of your control, will bring you an incredible amount of peace.

5.

When you feel lost or worthless, it helps to remember that everyone is struggling with something.

6.

It is very possible to remain whole on your own, even after you’ve found your other half in someone else.

7.

You are not weak or desperate for showing kindness.

8.

There is a difference between saying “sorry” when you know you’re in the wrong, and saying “sorry” simply because you’ve been conditioned from an early age to always be apologizing.

9. 

Sometimes, people just aren’t going to like you. It sucks. But you can’t dwell on it.

10. 

External things will never fix you; happiness is something that needs to be worked on internally.

11.

The way to feel the most confident in stressful social situations is to remember that everyone else is probably just as nervous and uncomfortable as you.

12.

If someone texts back “k,” you are anything but in the clear.

13.

You will never, ever be able to please everyone. So you might as well do what you want to do and find your tribe along the way.

14.

Judging people is toxic, and will only make you feel worse. Everybody’s got their demons.

15.

When you do find yourself judging someone, it’s important to try to figure out why. Are you projecting? Are you seeing in them an insecurity you feel within yourself? Are you stressed about something that has nothing to do with them? Paying attention to why you’re judging others not only helps you to do it less, but also helps you to directly address your own demons.

16.

If he (or she) wanted to be with you, they would be with you. If they’re not, save yourself a lot of emotional torture and figure out how to let this one go.

17.

It’s okay if it takes you a long time, or a lot of effort, to finally get to a place of authenticity.

18.

Your emotions are always, and will always, be valid. Even if someone tries to make you feel “crazy” or “dramatic” for having them.

19.

Never underestimate the power of chocolate, or cheese, or both.

20.

If you don’t want to go to something, you don’t have to. People get over it really quickly.

21.

Sometimes the quickest way to lower your stress level is to remember how insignificant you are in the course of eternity.

22.

Figuring out how someone else is feeling usually has very little to do with their words.

23.

You are not obligated to put yourself down just to make someone else feel more comfortable.

24.

Life is a constant cycle of taking care of others and letting others take care of you.

25.

You are the only person who has to live your live, so listen to your gut more than you listen to anyone else’s. TC mark

The Warning Label You Should Come With, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Posted: 14 Jul 2016 03:30 PM PDT

Bianca des Jardins
Bianca des Jardins

Cancer

(June 22nd to July 22nd)

May burst into tears spontaneously at any given moment, especially when feeling seriously misunderstood.

Scorpio

(October 23rd to November 22nd)

May sink into a passive aggressive mean streak if betrayed (by their calculation) by anyone, particularly those they love.

Pisces

(February 19th to March 20th)

May go to extreme lengths to woo you with supremely romantic gestures but move onto someone new right as you fall for them because they're already chasing the next adventure.

Aries

(March 21st to April 19th)

May appear to be more interested than they actually are as they shower you with copious affection. In fact, they're paying that much attention to five other people simultaneously because they really are that passionate, and they have that much energy.

Leo

(July 23rd to August 22nd)

May be so straightforward that they inadvertently insult you routinely because they’re not even aware of the depths of their assholery.

Sagittarius

(November 23rd to December 21st)

May break out into song or an interpretive dance at any given moment because they suddenly feel the urge—nay, the need—to express themselves.

Taurus

(April 20th to May 21st)

May accuse you of impatience if you dare to question where things stand or why they're being so slow to come around on a certain issue because they value taking their time and therefore resent being rushed in any way.

Virgo

(August 23rd to September 22nd)

May fish for compliments because their need to feel desired and validated is so prominent.

Capricorn

(December 22nd to January 20th)

May give you the stink eye for being silly because they are so serious about literally everything.

Gemini

(May 22nd to June 21st)

May berate you for misleading them if they misunderstand something you’ve said because communication is of the utmost importance to them.

Libra

(September 23rd to October 22nd)

May try to lure you into a cult they've accidentally joined because they were drawn to the organization's core mantra to "maintain peace and harmony” throughout the world.

Aquarius

(January 21st to February 18th)

May lead you into surprisingly complicated conversational traps with the intent of testing your intellect in the most pretentious way possible. TC mark