Thought Catalog


This Is How I’ll Date You

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 08:00 PM PDT

IMG_2672-2
Taylor Aikins

I'll date you because I choose to. I will desire you with every dawn and I will desire you with every dusk. I will date you because you make me laugh, because despite your flaws and your temperaments, my heart feels safe within your hands. I will date you and I will pay no mind to the alternative, I will turn a blind eye to the people who stare because my gaze was made for your gaze. In this generation option creeps into relationships like a dangerous siren, but I will never be swayed by its song, for when I date you, I will date only you.

I will date you in a forgetful way. I wont be able to recall the time you were born, or your mothers middle name. I will forget mini anniversaries, I will forget appointments. However, I will never forget the way you looked when you told me you loved me for the first time. I will never forget the way you smell, the colour of the freckles in your eyes. I will always remember what makes your heart race, the moments of smaller magic that bang and clash against your ribcage when my head rests on your chest. I will immortalize you in my fingertips; I will never forget the way you make me feel.

I will date you outside of social media. I will hold your hand, I will kiss your soft mouth, I will be your biggest fan, and that will exist between you and I. Two people, unfiltered, completely unedited, simply loving each other without validation. I wont need a certain amount of likes to know that I admire you, I wont need a specific number of views to understand that I could watch you all day. Our relationship will be one that is incubated within the confines of our inside jokes, our humorous memories, our deep connection – it will never be subjected to a 4×4 square; it will never be two-dimensional.

You will not be my mcm, my wcw, or my bae. You will be my heart. You will be my home. I will not post my love for you on your Facebook wall, I will not take photos to prove to the world how much I adore the way your hair feels in the morning, or how you can never keep a straight face when you see someone fall. There will be no public evidence of our infatuation, but I will love you deeply in the most beautiful places. I will kiss you in your favourite bakery; I will brush your cheek with every tree that lines the most darling streets. We will create memories in the world, not for it. We will see our relationship dotted across the town like Christmas lights.

Most importantly, I will date you in the image of tenacity. I will endure for you, even when we fall on hard times, even when we struggle. I will not flee or abandon you when we disagree, I will not sleep within foreign arms when I feel hurt. I promise that when I date you, I will fight for you. I will fight for the beauty in which our hearts have felt, and though it will be difficult at times, like worthy things are, I will believe in you – I will believe in us. TC mark

For more writing like this, check out Bianca Sparacino’s book Seeds Planted in Concrete here.

Why You Have Such Bad Taste In Boys, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 07:00 PM PDT

Twenty20, jacobandrews64
Twenty20, jacobandrews64

Aries: March 21st – April 19th

As an Aries, you’re impulsive. You don’t think things through before you lean in for a kiss or send your crush a flirty text littered with eggplant emojis. You do what feels right in the moment without thinking too far into the future. That’s why you always end up involved with guys who can show you a good time on Saturday nights, but won’t stick around for Sunday mornings. You’re drawn to men who aren’t looking for anything serious, because they’re exciting, and you love to have fun. But if you want something real, you have to start thinking before you act. Get to know him before you fall hard for him.

Taurus: April 20th – May 20th

You aren’t the type to develop temporary crushes. Once you start liking someone, you’re going to like them for years. It doesn’t matter what they do to you or how horribly they treat you. You’re still going to find ways to convince yourself that they’re right for you. If you want something real, then you’re going to have to let go of the idea that every semi-decent guy you meet is the guy you’re meant to marry. There are plenty of fish in the sea, so keep your options open.

Gemini: May 21st – June 20th

You’re a social butterfly, so you’re always meeting new people that could potentially become your boyfriend. The problem is, not everyone you meet is going to be compatible with you. If you want something real, you should try dating someone you meet at your favorite band’s concert or at your typical hangout spot instead of going out with random guys you run into at crappy bars you were dragged to. Opposites attract, but you don’t want someone too different from you.

Cancer: June 21st – July 22nd

You’re a sucker for love at first sight and you love scrolling through #relationshipgoals on social media. You want that fairy tale life so badly that you’ve been pushing yourself to fall for a guy–any guy. You don’t actually like him. You just tell yourself that you do. Basically, you love the idea of love more than you actually love him. So if you want something real, you’re going to have to be patient. Wait for someone worthwhile to come along instead of settling for some random guy and trying to turn him into the boyfriend you want him to be.

Leo: July 23rd – August 22nd

You know you could get any guy you want. That’s why you usually go after the most attractive man in the room. But as you’ve probably learned, hot men aren’t always the nicest men. Sometimes, the unassuming, ordinary looking guys are the ones that are best for you. So if you want something real, you should try approaching men you’d usually stay away from. Give the underdogs a chance.

Virgo: August 23rd – September 22nd

To put it bluntly, you think too much. You’re looking for the perfect on-paper man, but that’s not who you’re going to work well with. Love is illogical. It makes zero sense. Once you find someone you have chemistry with, you can’t let yourself overthink things. Just enjoy your time with him, without worrying about how compatible you’d be on paper. Sometimes, the best relationships are the ones that no one can fully understand.

Libra: September 23rd – October 22nd

You don’t give yourself enough credit. Just because you’re a little bit quiet and shy doesn’t mean you’re not a catch. You are. That’s why you should stop settling for the first guy who comes along and asks you out. It’s okay to be picky. And it’s okay to be pissed and initiate a breakup after a guy treats you poorly. You don’t have to be so understanding. Don’t let others push you around anymore.

Scorpio: October 23rd – November 21st

Deep down, you don’t think you deserve happiness. That’s why you’re always going after the wrong person. You might not think you’re doing it purposely, but a part of you is going after assholes, because you want things to end. You want to get hurt again. So if you want something real, you have to take a step back from relationships for a while, until you realize that you deserve to be loved. You deserve to be happy.

Sagittarius: November 22nd – December 21st

You’re an optimist, which is normally a good thing. However, when it comes to dating, you tend to look at things in a dangerous way. Instead of breaking up with a guy who treats you poorly, you think that you can find a way to work things out. Instead of giving up on a guy who turns you down, you think you can change his mind. But if you want something real, you have to stop focusing on fixing things that are irreparably broken and start finding things that are flawless in the first place.

Capricorn: December 22nd – January 19th

You don’t want dating to get in the way of the rest of your life. That’s why you’ll go after men who are independent, who don’t need you in their life in order to feel complete. Men who can go days without talking to you, so you’ll still have time to see your friends and work overtime. But the thing is, it’s possible to make time for a boyfriend and friends and a job. You’ll just have to tweak your routine a bit. So if you want something real, you should stop trying to find someone who won’t change your life. Change is actually a good thing.

Aquarius: January 20th – February 18th

You’re creative, so you need pain in order to fuel your writing and painting. You don’t mind getting heartbroken, because you feel like it’s an essential part of life, and that’s the problem. If you want something real, you have to remind yourself that there’s more to life than suffering. You aren’t destined to be sad. You deserve happiness. If you want something real, you have to be open to genuine, love-filled relationships instead of jumping into depressing, artsy ones just for the story.

Pisces: February 19th – March 20th

You want the person you date to be your boyfriend and your best friend, which is why you usually try to form relationships with men you’re already close to. As you know, that’s not always a good idea. If you’re friends first, then you might end up getting pushed to the side. Your crush will tell you all about the other girls he likes and end up dating someone else, and then you’ll be crushed. So if you want to find something real, you should develop a romantic relationship first and let the friendship build over time. Some of your guy friends are just meant to stay friends. TC mark

This Is Why You Must Let Him Go (Even When Your Heart Is Begging For Him To Stay)

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 06:00 PM PDT

JenSosa
JenSosa

Go ahead, let him stay.

Let him live in your memories. Let yourself press repeat every time it seems your life is forming without any trace of him in it. Remind yourself that at one point he was a huge part of your life. Force yourself to replay the past on a constant loop

Let him live in your eyes. Make sure that every time someone who looks remotely like him walks by that you always do a double take. Make sure you search for him in crowded rooms all of your old favorite places, or even in new places that he never made his own. Allow them to roam around for any sign of him, and feel disappointed when he's nowhere to be seen.

Let him live in your smile. Every time you find that you're laughing at something he didn't say or a story that he's not part of, stop yourself. Stop yourself from enjoying this new life you're creating, and only smile when you remember him or someone brings up his name. Allow him to be the only reason you show your teeth or let your laugh be heard.

Let him live in your heart. Allow him to continue to hold all of the love you can muster because you did for so, so long. Allow the idea that he might come back and really love you be enough to let him stay here. Let others visit every now and again but don't you dare allow them to bring boxes in. Anytime someone else seems to be getting close to wanting to make a home in you, remind yourself that there is only room for one and you've made your choice.

Go ahead, let him stay. Allow the one who isn't even part of your life anymore hold onto all of the best parts of you. Allow your light to be hidden from the entire world because you're still trying to shine for him. Allow him to stay in places he left behind and allow him to be the most important person in your mind long after he's walked away.

Or you could let him go.

In fact, ask him to leave. Pack up your memories and your backstories and put them away. Let your eyes look for new faces, or better yet, let them look at you. Let them take you in and the person you are without his ghosts living in you. Let your smile grow so wide that your face begins to ache, but not because he isn't the source. Take time to let your heart get used to a life without someone living in it, and let it become something beautiful all on its own. Then when the time comes, allow someone else to move in instead. Allow them to come in and make your heart their home; Watch as they take care of it in ways he never did.

Because honestly, darling, the only thing that has been keeping you from being without him and moving on to better things is you. It's about time you realized he's not coming back, and honestly, you deserve better. You deserve to build an entire world that he's no longer involved in, and to make something incredible happen in it.

Please, don't let him take all the best parts of you. Take them back.

Please, darling, take them back. TC mark

Read This If You Have No One To Say ‘I Love You’ To

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 05:00 PM PDT

bubblegumwhore
bubblegumwhore

I’d like to first tell you that, you are a person who is meant to be in this world. You have purpose, whether you see it or not. You are beautiful, whether you know it or not.

Just because you have no one ‘special’ in your life, does not mean that you are anything less than people that do. Just because you have no one to say ‘I love you’ to in the morning when you first wake up, and at night when you are going to bed, does not mean that you are not loved.

And just because you don’t have a significant other in your life right now, doesn’t mean you never will. I know you crave intimacy, and someone to protect you when you feel weak, but the truth is, you don’t need a boyfriend or girlfriend.

You have yourself, darling. You have you to rebuild strength, and to shine brighter by yourself. And you have yourself to love.

I know it gets lonely sometimes. I know at night as you look at the empty side of your bed, you wish things were different. Maybe someone just broke up with, or you have been single for years; whatever the case may be, I know it’s hard. I know it gets dark at times.

But the truth is, with loneliness, comes growth and awareness. Feel that loneliness and sadness, and embrace it. Feel everything all at once. Cry. And then, acknowledge that you are still breathing. You are still living. And surviving.

And the truth is, you are much stronger than you think you are.

You are more resilient than you think. You have a lot of strength in you that you never have noticed before. You have a lot of love inside of you that you have yet to use.

Never forget that you are lovable. Never forget that you are special. And you are a rare light, that shines on everything that you do and everything that you are. Don’t beat yourself up for not having someone else to love. Don’t feel like you are anything less than someone else because of this.

One day, someone will see all that you are and all that you want to be. One day, you will meet someone who will never give up on you. One day, you will meet someone who will want to spend forever with you, and who will be telling the truth when they say that.

Don’t give up on yourself.

And most importantly, don’t give up love. Don’t give up on a happy ending. And don’t give up on hope even in the dark. TC mark

 

10 Guys On The Heartbreaking Reason They Broke Up With The Love Of Their Lives

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 04:15 PM PDT

Paolo Raeli
Paolo Raeli

1. “We had been dating for three years. After moving in together, I discovered that she self-harmed due to her bipolar disorder. She never told me any of this, after all of the years we had been dating. She was so good at hiding it. When I asked her to go get help, she refused. I broke up with her because she used me as a vice instead of helping herself on her own.” ― Chris, 27

2. “After a year of dating, I knew that I didn’t see a future with her. She was the love of my life yes, but we had little in common. Almost everything we talked about turned into arguments.” ― Jack, 23

3. “She had just graduated college and I was still a senior. I broke up with her because she needed to spread her wings. She needed to do something with her life, and I didn’t want to be the reason she held back.” ― Michael, 22

4. “I broke up with my soulmate. It wasn’t anything she did or didn’t do. But, I wanted to move to a new city and travel more. She wanted to build a family and stay in the same place. I couldn’t sacrifice my ambitions for her.” ― Conor, 29

5. “I had to break up with her because my parents didn’t like the lifestyle she was living. They told me to pick them or her, and if I picked her, they were going to disown me. So, I picked them.” ― Matt, 24

6. “It was against her religion to not marry someone with the same religion as her. I broke it off because I could see the weight she had to carry on her shoulders to hide me from her loved ones.” ― Joel, 31

7. “I ended it due to long distance. We had been together for four years but, there wasn’t an end in sight for the long distance. I just couldn’t do it anymore.” ― Luke, 28

8. “We met when we were fourteen. I loved her so damn much. But after dating for six years, I decided that I needed to explore more. I had only ever been with one person in my entire life, and I wanted to experience more. I broke her heart.” ― Jasper, 21 

9. “I ended it with her because for her, I was her whole world. I was her everything. It was unhealthy. And she deserved to love herself more than someone else.” ― Ethan, 27

10. “I broke up with my wife of ten years. After years of little fights that escalated into both of us excessively drinking I decided to leave and get some serious help. I still love her with my whole heart. Maybe one day, we can start over.”― Kevin, 37  TC mark

17 Men On The Most Attractive Non-Physical Quality A Girl Can Possess

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 04:00 PM PDT

@mooglefett
@mooglefett

1. Kindness

“Kindness. Without a kind heart I’d rather date a porcupine.”

2. Natural curiosity and desire for discovery

“Curiosity about the world. Not just ‘oh that’s interesting’ but rather a drive to be constantly learning about themselves and the world around them.”

3. A woman who says what she feels

“Honesty and openness. If a girl is honest and always says what’s on her mind, that makes me happy.”

4. She’s not afraid to be quirky

“If she isn’t afraid to be a little bit on the weird/goofy side…”

5. Someone who seeks improvement

“Persistence in making themselves or those around them better.

Willing to stand up for beliefs.

What those things are can vary, but I want someone who keeps moving forward.”

6. Drive

“There’s nothing hotter than a woman with a passion for something.”

7. They’re not afraid to show affection

“Touchy. Snuggles all day is literally the most important thing.”

8. She’s able to handle her finances

“Financially responsible. It’s astonishing how many people my age can’t balance a check book.”

9. Not just book smart.

“Intelligence – this doesn’t have to mean book smart, as in having a degree in STEM. It does mean being mentally active. In this includes wittiness and humor. In a more abstract way, I’m looking for a spark in someone.

Independence – She has her life in order. This generally means financial, but emotional stability is a must. I cannot tolerate a relationship where it’s the 3rd time this week you’ve cried at the drop of a hat over something seemingly innocuous.

Also, while I really enjoy your company, I enjoy being alone a lot, and anyone I date generally should be able to go our and have a good time without me.”

10. She can take a joke and throw one right back at me

“Sarcasm. I love girls who give me shit. It’s so damn rare though.”

11. Her willingness to understand

“My initial thought was “GOD DAMMIT I JUST WANT YOU TO BE NICE TO ME” but that’s a little too basic to be helpful. Even if it’s not as common as it should be.

So I’m going to go with a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset. It makes resolving conflict and fixing problems in the relationship so much easier when her response to an issue isn’t ‘well this is just who I am.'”

12. She doesn’t care about the status quo

“I like an iconoclast, an unconventional woman, not for the sake of rebellion, but one who is not unduly inhibited by cultural norms, one who is creative about how she lives.”

13. Her ability to hold a conversation

“Being able to pull her weight in a conversation. A lot of the time you can tell if a woman has never had to make any effort in how she interacts with guys, and it’s a colossal turnoff.”

14. If she feels there’s something wrong with her life she takes action

“Self awareness, or the general will to have some involvement in their own happiness and well being.

I tend to admire people who actually do something to improve their lives rather than endlessly bitching about things and expecting other people to manage their happiness.”

15. Someone who listens

“Good listener, curious, willing to challenge her own thoughts and beliefs as well as mine. Generally interested in a given hobby, area, discipline. Oh and up front with how she is feeling.”

16. She has a good head on her shoulders

“Emotional stability. I don’t care how hot she is, I can’t stand unstable women.”

17. She exudes positivity

“Optimism to outweigh my pessimism. I would dare to say that passion for life, but I’m not sure how this goes with my character, probably terribly.” TC mark

To The People We Crush On, But Never Tell

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 02:15 PM PDT

Priscilla Westra
Priscilla Westra

Hi.

That's one word I was able to say to you twice.

How are you?

That's three words I was never able to utter; three words that should have started a conversation, but too bad they never left my mouth.

This is a letter I'm not even sure you'll come across to read. This is a letter I'll never send to you personally, but I'm writing it anyway, even though I'm not really good at writing letters.

The first time I saw you, you seemed like the type of person who is silent and invisible, but not to those who know you, or to those who found you interesting – I, myself, included. You intrigued me so much and I didn't even know why. You just did, but your silence and mystery were so resonating that they were able to build walls around you – walls that surely can be broken down; I might not just had enough courage to do so.

Every time I looked at you, I thought of what could possibly be running through your head. You had those eyes that seemed tired and distracted by your thoughts, but I liked them anyway. I wondered if you were distracted by the same kind of thoughts that had always gotten me preoccupied. On the very rare occasions that I saw you, I was always thinking if I should walk by and say hi, or if I could even stay and drop a few questions – but I never did. You seemed like you needed time alone. You seemed like you couldn't be bothered, so I left you there in your silence, while my mind never let me get enough sleep thinking about all the what if's.

I have been thinking about you. I wondered if you liked it when it rains because you'll have more excuse to drink more coffee. I wondered if you liked poetry or ever written one. I wish I could have you read mine. I wish you'd know that I wrote about you and find that flattering, but a part of me thinks that you will probably get weirded out, so I made everything subtle. I was never good at profession, anyway.

I have been hearing about your accomplishments, too. They are some pretty great accomplishments, I have to say. I wanted to congratulate you every single time, but I didn't know how. And to be fair, I am generally just not a good conversation starter. Nevertheless, if you'll ever get to read this, I guess here's my chance. Congratulations! You are doing a great job and I am pretty sure you'll get to where you want to be.

I also would like to let you know that for more than a year, I have waited – for enough courage, for the proper timing, and even for a miracle that you'll be the one to come closer.

I am an extremely impatient person, and it honestly amazes me how long I've waited – to no avail. I still am now, but the end is nearing and I am really just trying to get into terms with the fact that you are there and I am here. And darling, I don't think I have ever been so far away from someone so close.

I know that you might never remember or think of me again. Perhaps I'll always be the girl who wanted a chance at knowing you but wasn't brave enough to move closer. Maybe we were always meant to be far apart no matter how close we got to each other. But there will always be a part of me hoping that if fate permits, maybe we'll meet again someday and maybe then, I'll have the guts to say hi and you'll say hi back. And maybe I'll even be brave enough to ask you to stay so we can have a little chat.

Maybe you'll stay and maybe that could be our beginning. Perhaps, long overdue, but perhaps just the perfect time.

PS: I pray to God about you. I hope you live a happy life and get everything that you're working for. You deserve them. TC mark

When Did Being Single Become A Bad Thing?

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 02:00 PM PDT

Annika Boron
Annika Boron

What I don't understand about our generation is why some people make a big fuss over being single. Since when did being single become an issue?

Yes, I am single and I couldn't care less. So why does it bother you that much?

The problem with our generation today is that we make too much of a fuss about love. And it's not supposed to be that way. Honey, there are plenty things to worry about and love shouldn't be on top of that list.

Just because all of your friends are in relationships doesn't mean you should be, too. I know being the third wheel can become tiring, but I tell you, it's not that bad. You don't have to make life so complicated. If you don't want to be the third wheel, then don't be. You can always make an excuse to back out of an event if you don't feel like third wheeling, right?

But hey, why should you even listen to this 19-year old girl, right? What does she even know about being single? Does she even know how it feels?

Well, I used to be a hopeless romantic who believed in all of those fairytales, the ones that our mothers read to us before we went to bed. All throughout my life, I've been surrounded by people who were in relationships and I’ve wondered what it would be like to be in one myself.

But eventually, through my own eyes, I saw that it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. Single doesn't always mean lonely and relationships don't always mean happy. Sometimes we need to use our heads and not our hearts. Be realistic.

My point is, you don't have to force yourself to date if you aren't ready to be with someone. It all comes down to you. Don't let other people meddle with your thoughts. Think of it this way, maybe the reason why you are single is because you need to focus on you.

You've been through a lot.  You shouldn't be stressing about this. Stop arguing with yourself. Stop making up excuses for why you should be searching for a relationship. Just breathe. Be happy on your own way and set yourself free.

Please, for once, be selfish and just choose yourself.

It's okay to be single, because it's your choice. Baby girl, I tell you it's okay. Your time will come when you're ready. You have to learn to love yourself before you can love others.

Yes, I am single and no, I am not available. TC mark

18 Nonnegotiable Things Every Woman Should Expect Her Life Partner To Have

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 01:00 PM PDT

unsplash.com
unsplash.com

1. Enough self-confidence to not feel threatened or intimidated by her ambitions and her success.

2. The desire to build a life with, rather than to build a life for, her.

3. The ability to balance between leaning on her and giving her someone to lean on.

4. The understanding that they don’t need to have a solution for every one of her problems – they just need to be able to listen to her. Sometimes, all a person needs is to know that someone gets what they’re going through.

5. An instinct to challenge her – not in the sense that they want her to change who she is, but that they can sense the potential within her and they know that as her partner, it’s their job to challenge her to grow every single day.  

6. The strength to admit when they need her

7. The strength to be there when she needs them.

8. An unshakable respect for her, and the expectation that she should have an unshakeable respect for them too.

9. An understanding of the fact that arguing can be okay – and even healthy – in a relationship if you learn how to communicate the right way.

10. The ability to apologize after they’ve screwed up and to take responsibility for their actions.

11. And the ability to forgive her after she’s screwed up and apologized and taken responsibility for her actions.

12. And then to forget about it either way and move on, because keeping score in a relationship is a death sentence.

13. The understanding that putting their relationship first does not mean they are giving up their sense of independence.

14. A desire to always compromise, in order for both people to be happy.

15. And the knowledge that trying to ‘win’ an argument will only ever end in disaster.

16. A strong sense of family. Whether that’s blood relatives or best friends or whomever else, what’s important is that they make their loved ones one of the biggest priorities in their life – if not the biggest.

17. A kind heart and a strong sense of respect towards everyone, no matter what their ‘status’ is.

18. The desire for a strong, steady, loving, lifelong companionship – and the readiness to put forth whatever effort is required to maintain it. TC mark

I Can’t Tell You I Love You (But I Do)

Posted: 21 Aug 2016 12:15 PM PDT

Carola Ferrero
Carola Ferrero

I look at you as more than what you are to me currently. Because to me you are everything. Everything I've ever wanted but mostly because you treat me as though I matter. As if my opinions and everything I want is important to you too. And that's what love is.

But I can't tell you I love you.

I can't tell you that every night before I go to sleep I think about you. I think about you when it's dead at work and I'm just wishing I'm anywhere else. I think about you when I can't get through the day without wanting to cry. You are home to me and just hearing your voice reminds me how that feels.

And when people ask me if I'm in love with you I tell them no. Because I don't want to be the cause of losing you. Even though we mean so much to each other, it doesn't mean that we need to be together. That's when the lines of loving someone and being in love with someone are blurred. And my lines with you are so blurry. I can't even tell you what's going on in my mind and my heart because I don't know.

Sometimes we're meant to meet someone who takes our breath away but not get to be with that person. And it's unfair. It's so unfair that we are surrounded by their beauty but we can't touch them. We can't tell them how much they mean to us without giving away our secret. We can't let them know that they're the last thing we see at night and the first name we breathe as we wake up.

We can learn so much from each other but only if we keep it to the capacity that it's at. And I'm not fully sure risking everything to tell you my feelings would be the smartest because I don't feel as though we're on the same page. And that's OK. It's OK to not be exactly at the same moments in life. It's OK to not feel the same kind of attraction. But let me tell you something, it's the hardest thing I've ever done to keep my mouth shut about this.

Because I can feel myself breaking. I feel my tongue waiting to betray me. To tell you that I am so completely into you. So completely enamoured by everything you are. And it has nothing to do with outward beauty and everything to do with the gorgeous soul that lies deep within you. And what's crazy is you don't see how stunning, how captivating, how incredibly amazing every piece of you is.

So our future looks like this. We keep things the way it is. Because even though I want to love you, I am nowhere near ready too. And while I'm taking my time to get ready to love you, you might meet someone else. You might meet them and love them more than you could ever love me. And they'll love you just as much. Because you are that person. The person people fall for immediately.

But don't ever feel sorry for me. Never feel like I've lost out because I've never gotten to love you in that way. Because the love that I've gotten from this is so much better. You have shown me that people like you exist and that makes me fair better off than most.

And if we ever did cross paths as lovers instead of friends, I know that I wouldn't need anyone else.

You are the ultimate. You would be my ultimate. So maybe we'll end up together or maybe we won't but all I know is this; as long as you exist in my world, I'll be happy. No matter what capacity. TC mark