Thought Catalog


This Is What It’s Like To Be Naked

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 08:00 PM PDT

Paolo Raeli
Paolo Raeli

Being completely naked is me being vulnerable, handing you all the power. Each sentence, each confession is an item I take off my soul. My soul has layers that no one has reached.

Telling you how I feel is being naked. It’s knowing you may not feel the same. It’s having to give you the shovel and hope you won’t quit half way as you’re digging. It’s also knowing you may accept me, change your mind, and walk away.

Naked is letting you see me like no one else has. All lights on. It’s you seeing why I’m the way I am. It’s me giving you the key to this door that no one has been able to open. It’s the door to all the insecurities, fears, and regrets. It’s quitting the act; letting you see why I’m a little fucked up and knowingly show you what made me that way.

It’s me opening the legs of my soul and hoping you’ll make love, not fuck me over. It’s letting you see inside me: beyond the beauty, all the ugly. It’s ripping off bandages to unhealed wounds. It’s hoping you won’t hurt them more. It’s accepting that you may be the reason I bleed endlessly.

Naked is being pure when we’ve all sinned. Naked is open to judgment and criticism. My 4am confession to you is what it’s like being naked. “This is who I am and I’m in love with you” is being naked. No one gets this kind of naked anymore. We just take our clothes off. TC mark

I’m Afraid Of The Person I Become When I Love Too Hard

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 07:00 PM PDT

Brooke Cagle
Brooke Cagle

I've just always been the single girl in the group. Always had "friends,” but never "boyfriends." I demanded time, but never the title. Lately I've been going back and forth about it all in my head. Am I scared? Could I do it? Why haven't I ever been in anything serious?

In the past few weeks, I've thought more about relationships than I've thought about it in the last ten years. I recently met someone who, for a second, I considered someone I could be in a relationship with. I first had to acknowledge two truths:

First, I liked him enough to date only him and would prefer he dated only me. And second, I've never been committed to anyone or anything.

But when we say "I don't know" when choosing between different roads, what we really mean is "I don't know, but there is one I'm leaning towards more than the other." My brother says it's like water temperature. You can say, the water is warm, but you know if it's more cold or hot, right? So in my late night rants to myself and my constant mind wandering habits, I have figured out how I really feel about commitment.

I love the idea of being in love and I know how hard I love. I know how strongly I feel about every emotion; anger, hurt, regret, happiness, I feel it with everything inside of me . When I hurt, it's like the walls are caving in, I can't breathe, time literally stops. When I'm happy, there is this bright, yellow sunshine walking with me, I can feel the warmth and nothing can break my temperature. So, I say that to say, when it comes to love, I know how much I would give of myself. I know how much I have given of myself.

I've been hurt before, damaged even, one time. All it takes is once. When you get to be so used to one-sided love, that becomes the norm for you. So anything other than that is foreign, unheard of. The thought of loving someone that way, so deep, and equally receiving that love back, scares the hell out of me. I wouldn't know what to do with an equal amount of respect.

But what's really the scary part? Giving someone all that power, another human being. And they give you all their energy. You both are out of your minds in love. And everyday you love them, over and over. You are so happy you could break. And as time goes on you expect different things: a title, an introduction, a key, a ring, and an aisle to walk down, a child. Expecting each day will bring a different result. It all sounds too familiar. The term "crazy in love" has never become so present to me. Love is insanity. Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

So I've come to the conclusion of why I now believe I am afraid of commitment. It's never been the actual committing part, being with one person. I honestly love too hard to be able to equally give it to more than one person anyway. No, it does not scare me to have a connection with another human. I choose not to demand a title, for the same reasons some people can’t say "I love you" out loud. You throw it into the universe and it’s there for good. But I am most afraid of two things: That much insanity in one bed and the person I become when I'm that vulnerable. TC mark

40 Reasons Why I’m Not Crazy, You’re Just An Asshole

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 06:00 PM PDT

dannyrozenblit
dannyrozenblit

Girls don't wake up randomly one morning thinking: "You know what would be super fun for my health!?! If I just acted super crazy until it completely drained me and ruined my day!"

No, that's not something that happens. What does happen is that a boy who's been making a girl feel special and loved one minute will suddenly flip a switch and change his entire attitude without warning. Naturally, this inexplicable behavior causes the girl to morph into a lost little puppy. Given the way she's treated, the girl reacts in a reasonable manner but her actions are dismissed as "crazy."

When I think "crazy," I think of a girl who castrates her boyfriend in his sleep or keys his car. I don't think of the girl who calls a guy who stood her up to see where he is, or the girl who gets upset because her boyfriend keeps DMing girls on Instagram whom he claims are "just friends."

The word "crazy" is so overused that you could blink and a guy will say you're crazy because you blinked too many times within one minute. Guys love the c-word because it's the perfect answer for people who don't want to take any responsibility for their actions. It's much easier to call a girl crazy than to admit that you did something wrong, or — OMG, here's a crazy idea — talk about your feelings.

After a while, we women start to accept this poor treatment from guys and internalize their bad behavior. We think it's our fault that we're humans who experience justifiable feelings: I must be crazy! I'm so lucky that my boyfriend puts up with me! No, Felicia — raise your hand and slap yourself in the face because you are being an idiot.

Below are 40 snippets from moments in my dating life when I was called crazy by a guy for expressing a very real emotion. I have a feeling you'll relate!

1. I'm not being unreasonable, we've been dating for six months and I want to know where this is going.

2. I'm not a slut. You said you didn't want to be exclusive so I'm keeping my options open.

3. I'm not jealous. You're making out with another girl right in front of me and we had sex last night.

4. I'm not being needy, we had plans and you never showed up.

5. I'm not being aggressive. I called you once after we had sex and I haven't heard from you in days.

6. I'm not a prude — threesomes are just not my thing.

7. I'm not a tease, but a family member died and I need some emotional support right now.

8. I'm not being frigid, I just had a really bad day and you don't even care.

9. I'm not being difficult. I just don't want to go clubbing for the third time this week because I just got my period, the cramps are killing me, and I feel like Shamu.

10. I'm not a bitch. I just won't apologize for something that wasn't my fault.

11. I'm not insecure, it just makes me uncomfortable that you keep talking about how hot my friends are.

12. I'm not possessive, I just don't think you should be adding random girls on Instagram and hitting them up behind my back and flirting with them while lying to me about it when we're supposed to be exclusive.

13. It's not that I don't trust you, it's that you lied to me and it's not the first time.

14. I'm not trying to be naggy, you just hurt my feelings and I want to talk about it so we can move forward.

15. No, I'm not on my period. But asking me if I am and telling me to chill out when I have every right to be upset will make me even angrier.

16. I'm not stupid, so why do you keep talking down to me like I am?

17. I'm not delusional, she's calling you as we speak.

18. I'm not overreacting, you cheated on me and gave me HPV.

19. I'm not being overly sensitive — you dumped me on my birthday!

20. I'm not seeking attention by deleting you off of social media. We just broke up and you're already posting pictures with another girl and it's hurting me to see it.

21. I'm not closed off. I actually really like you but I've been hurt before so I'm being careful with my heart.

22. I'm not asking you to be my boyfriend, but it confuses me when you call me all day, want to see me all the time and spend the night, ask me about my past relationships, hold me at night, kiss me on my forehead, hold my hand, take me out, get jealous if any boys text me and want to know everything I'm up to.

23. I'm not overbearing. You're the one who asked me to sleep over all week.

24. I'm not possessive, but we're in the middle of dinner and you're texting your old booty call, saying we have to end the night short because she's going through some stuff and needs you.

25. I'm not being clingy, I just haven't seen you in weeks and I miss you.

26. I'm not overthinking, it's just that you face timed me for hours every night before bed when you were away, and when you were back in town for your birthday you invited me to some couple's dinner that you brought another girl to.

27. I'm not too attached, you just made me feel special and then it hurt me to find out that there were other girls in the picture.

28. I'm not being immature, I'm just upset and need some space so I don't say anything I'm going to regret.

29. I'm not obsessed. You're just leading me on because you enjoy the attention but you secretly have no actual intent of pursuing a relationship.

30. I'm not a stalker. We're in the same industry and hang in the same circle of friends. You're at MY friend's party with our mutual friend who happens to be MY best friend.

31. I'm not being petty. I blog about dating and relationships for a living so I have to do my job regardless of what we're going through. How many times do I have to tell you that it's not about you? (Except right now. Lol)

32. I'm not @Daddyissues_ the enhanced Instagram character I pretend to be online everyday and I really wish you cared enough to get to know the real me.

33. I'm not intense, I just really liked you and I thought we were on the same page. I never got the heads up about when you stopped feeling the same way.

34. I'm not out of line, I just think I deserved an explanation about why you stopped answering my calls and making an effort after we'd been inseparable for the past couple months.

35. I'm not mad, I'm just really hurt and I wish you cared enough to fix it.

36. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I just feel humiliated for putting myself out there and then having my feelings dismissed.

37. I'm not an emotional wreck. I'm just a human with feelings who expresses herself differently than you do.

38. I'm not being dramatic. You're just treating me like shit and I need to move on.

39. I'm not too much. Maybe you're just not enough.

40. I'm not crazy, you're just an asshole. TC mark

This story originally appeared on DaddyIssuesLA.

Maybe I’m Not Over Him Yet, But Maybe I Don’t Want To Be

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 05:15 PM PDT

Ieva Urenceva
Ieva Urenceva

I've been told I feel too much, that I love too hard, that I jump in too fast and hold on too long. I sound like a train wreck, like a mess of feelings that no one could ever handle, but I don't think that's the truth. The truth is, I have a big heart and I'm really not ashamed of it.

The truth is, I'm not over him yet.
And maybe I don't want to be.

See, the world will think I'm crazy for not moving on, for not diving back into another relationship, for not getting under another guy, for not involving myself in a string of long-winded, unlabeled meaningless attachments that are exactly that—meaningless.

But I'm not that kind of girl.

See, I've finally decided to embrace it. The feelings, the emotions, the heart that's almost always bursting out of my chest.

I don't think I'm weak for still caring about someone I used to love. I don't think I'm crazy for not being over him.

There's no specific time span for moving on. There's not a set of rules I must follow, or checkpoints I must meet. I'm not a damn psycho, cyberstalking each of my exes' every moves. I'm not holding onto pieces of them, reminding myself everyday of what I've lost. Realistically, I'm living my life, but when I'm reminded of someone from my past, I don't push the thought out of my head.

I embrace it. I remember. I feel.

I'm not going to lie, especially not to myself. I'm not over it yet. I'm not over the sound of his laughter, the way he made me smile. I'm not over the little reminders of him in the pages of my notebooks, in the pictures on my bedroom walls, in the little town where we once fell in love.

But I don't have to be over all that just yet.
And maybe I don't want to be.

Maybe I want to allow myself the freedom of feeling, of acknowledging that love is real, and that love takes time to grow from, to heal from, to let go of.

There's no point in pretending I don't care, and I didn't care. Because I did. Because I do. Because I probably always will.

Not in the sense of wanting him back, not in the sense of crying over him every single night, not in the sense of keeping myself stuck in one place, and stuck on missing him.

Just because I haven't moved on doesn't mean that I'm still sitting here, wishing for us to be in love.

It just means I'm not going to pretend, not going to jump into something I'm not ready for, not going to sleep with someone just because the world is pushing me to. That's not me. It won't ever be me.

I'll feel. I'll remember. I'll think about that person and smile with our memories.

I'm not ready to move on, to forever put him behind me, to never think about him or wonder how he's doing, even months and years along the road.

I don't want him back.
But I don't want to pretend he never existed.

Because love is real to me, and I feel it deeply.
And there's no sense in lying, and pretending I don't. TC mark

Love Is Great And Beautiful, But It’s Not Everything

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 05:00 PM PDT

domalantaadonijah
domalantaadonijah

Hey you, you millennial, please listen up. Especially if you are a female in 2016 and have been reduced to a dramatized heroine waiting for a man to make her story complete. Please just stop. I have had it with romantic love comedies making women seem like we have no other objective in life than to find our other half.

I'm 25 and I'm married. I am really lucky to say I have found my best friend in my partner. I also was never looking for a relationship in my early twenties – it just sort of happened. I also learned that my own goals, independence, and interests create a bigger value to my life than just my relationship alone. I never looked at my life as incomplete without a partner.

Love is great and beautiful but it's not everything, no one will save you or make you whole like they do in the movies. Love is a part of life, just like there are other parts of life that are also great.

The reason I feel so strongly about this topic is how females perceive love. If you are a woman and you have girlfriends, what do they usually talk about? Men. Now, nothing wrong with sharing your feelings but most women consume their conversation, and lives, with the men they are dating. Every conversation, every action, is plagued by his reaction. Women are much more emotional and their lives revolve around this cycle: dating, marriage, kids – typically in that order. Yes, there are women who are exceptions, but it's rare.

I have girlfriends who map out their lives by the men they date, patiently waiting till HE asks her to be his girlfriend, till He proposes, and so on. They change and cancel plans, rewrite their life goals, and keep other girlfriends around to basically bitch about their relationship. These women become shells of who they used to be, reduced to a counterpart. I have been around plenty of women who really can't foster any other conversation than the updates of their relationship and it breaks my heart. I remember asking a friend of mine plans she had for the night, her response was – "Oh, Kyle is working." I was very genuinely confused.

Love is not a reason to lose yourself or your independence.

Here are other great things that matter other than being in love –

1. Having a strong group of friends. When was the last time you did an inventory of your friendships? Do they have characteristics you admire? Do you have deep thought provoking conversations? "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." – Walter Winchell.

2. Your health. do you value yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually? What do you do to meet these goals?

3. Interests and hobbies. I genuinely love to read and I'm blessed to have friends to discuss my recent books with and nerd out. What do you like to do? Explore different hobbies that make you smile and define you.

4. Passion. this can be your career, a self-project you are working on. I think life is dull without having something that pushes you like you have never been pushed.

5. Giving back.
If you are in a position to give back, do it! I strongly encourage this one. I recently signed up to mentor and offer classes to foster kids and couldn't be happier. Don't underestimate how your life story and skills could change someone else's life.


6. Adventure.
Find the funds and explore the world. Learn a new language, try different food, and ponder your existential existence. Life is not an "Eat, Pray, Love" novel, your existence has so many beautiful elements.

7. Family. I didn't mean to put this last on the list.

While there are millions of other things, here are my top 7. Pay attention next time you are having brunch with your girlfriends, and push yourself to strike up a different conversation.

Remember – you are your greatest story and investment in this life, and everything you do to make this world a better place for yourself and the people in it. TC mark

A Piece Of My Heart Will Always Belong To You

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 04:00 PM PDT

alekstwo
alekstwo

A piece of my heart will always belong to you. As much as I try to pretend that it doesn’t, I can’t keep lying to myself. So, I’m going to just spill my truth out instead of hiding behind a smile.

A piece of my heart will always belong to you. It doesn’t matter that it was young love. It doesn’t matter that it was first love. All that matters is that, it was real love. Truly. It was true love. The kind of big love that everyone dreams of. That was us.

No matter how many days and years go by, you will always have that piece of me. The piece that was youthful, full of playful energy, and full of life. The piece that was hopelessly in love with you and that prayed we would never end. You will always have the piece of me that was overly emotional. The piece that was unstable, because that’s how much I needed you. The piece that was full of joy, but also full of great sadness. You will always own that piece of me.

And I wouldn’t want it in the hands of anyone else.

You will always have a piece of my heart. The piece that was ugly and beautiful. The piece that looked into your eyes and saw forever. The piece that could never envision a goodbye. And the piece that will forever think of you as  ‘the one that got away’.

I’m not ashamed of that piece of my heart. I’m not going to cover my eyes from it anymore. Because that piece of my heart, was full of hope. And was full of undying love. It was hopelessly optimistic.

Take care of that piece of me.

Take care of me at seventeen. Take care of that piece of innocence. And know that, that piece of me will always love you. And it will always belong to you. TC mark

10 Teeny Tiny Things That Actually Mean You’ve Met Someone Who Knows How To Love

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 02:15 PM PDT

heatherdeffense
heatherdeffense

1. Your low points are never an annoyance to them.

When you’re upset about something they want to make it better. They don’t necessarily think they can fix all of your problems, but they want to help. They love you when you’re happy, but they will also love you when you’re sad. Your happiness is something that they care about, and when you feel like you can’t find it, they’ll try to make it reappear.

2. They listen.

Not just to what your favorite restaurants or movies are, they listen to the important things. They listen to your beliefs, your passions, they listen to all those thoughts swimming around in your head that you think no one else really cares about. They listen to the things that make you, you because that’s what they love, you are who they love.

3. They let you in.

Maybe they’ve loved and been hurt before, or maybe they’ve never loved at all, but when they’re ready to love you, they’ll let you in. You know you’ve met someone who knows how to love when you feel an openness between the both of you. You’ll never feel like you’re prying or digging for information; when they’re ready to love you, they’ll tell you things you wouldn’t even know to ask about.

4. They understand your flaws are apart of you.

They understand that you get easily frustrated when learning something new, they understand that sometimes you just need to be alone, they understand that most of the time you’re an unorganized mess of a human being. These little things that you’re insecure about, that you think will scare others away, they don’t scare this person. The person who knows how to love you accepts these little things about yourself you like to call flaws. They love the parts of you that you don’t love about yourself.

5. They accept love.

It’s easy to love them because they’re willing to accept it. When you love someone who knows how to love, yes, it might be messy or weird, or full of heated arguments, but it’s not hesitant, there’s no resistance. Someone who knows how to love won’t show you a love that’s reluctant.

6. They talk about you to the people they love most.

They want everyone in their life to know about you, to know how wonderful you are. They can’t help but brag about how lucky they feel to be with someone like you.

7. They bring you around the people they care about.

They’re proud of you, and they’re proud to be with you, and they want the people they care about most to meet you. They don’t have one life with you and another with their family and friends, they share their life with you. There’s one life, and they make you apart of it.

8. They do things they don’t necessarily want to do because they’re doing it for you.

They don’t want to go to your grandmother’s 95th birthday party. They don’t want to dog sit so you can have a weekend with your friends. They don’t want to go dress shopping with you because you need a second opinion. In all brutal honesty, they don’t want to do any of these things, but they do it because they care about you, and because the things they’re doing, even though they don’t want to, mean something to you.

9. They do what they can to be with you.

They’ll never be able to move mountains or grow wings and fly, but when they’re ready to love, they’ll do what they can if it means they get to be with you.

10. They’re capable of being vulnerable.

They might be afraid to show you the parts of themselves they deem as weak, but they do it, whether they’re aware of it or not. Someone who knows how to love won’t be able to hide. The beautiful part about love is that it releases all the things we feel we should keep hidden, and when we release all of that, we’re finally able to see one another for who we truly are, and that’s where love begins.

To Every Woman, Do Not Allow Him To Consume You

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 02:00 PM PDT

OnaArtist.com
OnaArtist.com

Do not allow him to consume you, it is the consumption that will kill your soul, that will destroy your self respect, that will take from you when you are not looking. Sometimes love attacks you in ways you least expect it, and the person who said that love is not a destructive thing lied to you – love can be a terribly destructive thing, only if you let it. You are responsible for your own happiness always, and your emotional well being depends on how you react to a situation, how you respond to him when you find yourself in a relationship and it isn’t making you happy.

If he does not call, go to sleep. If he does not message, put your phone away and have a fantastic day anyway. If he acts distant when you are with him and refuses to tell you what is wrong even when you ask over and over again, don't wait for him, go home and do something you love. If he tries to insinuate you do not need your friends now that you have him, never stop spending time with your friends. If he tries to teach you a lesson through the silent treatment, ignore him completely. Do not allow him to take your attention completely away from anything that was in your life before him, whether it is family, your friends and the things you love.

Keep your friendships. Your friends have been there for you through many many relationships and they will be through many more. Giving them up for a man, even the best of men is a bad idea. And a good man will never ever ask you to give your friends up for him.

Most importantly, do not allow anyone to emotionally manipulate you in any way, shape or form. Recognise the signs. Someone who loves you will make mistakes, but they will respect you. Someone who is using you will not respect you and will take every chance to drain your happiness for what they need from you.

If he plays with your feelings constantly, walk away from him. If he acts like your body is his entitlement when you are not ready, walk away from him. If he says terrible, unforgivable things and threatens to leave you after every argument, walk away from him. If he forbids you from doing anything you love, walk away from him. If he claims ownership of your accomplishments, walk away from him. If he demeans you or disrespects your being a girl and refuses to stop when you tell him it hurts, walk away from him. If he tries to suggest he should always be the most important thing in your life, walk away from him.

I cannot stress this enough, you live for yourself first. He is a secondary character in the story of your life. Do not allow him to turn you into a secondary character in your own book. TC mark

Nikita Gill is a poet and the author of the book Your Soul Is A River.

Your_Soul_Is_A_River_Cover_Page_Mockup

Your Soul Is A River is available as a physical and electronic book. You can buy it here.

I Still Miss You, And That’s Okay

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 01:00 PM PDT

Jen Palmer
Jen Palmer

When I lost you, I knew it was going to take me awhile until I completely forget you. But I didn't know it would take me this long. It took me six months' worth of coffee in the morning and six months' worth of tearful nights. Six months of wondering where it all went wrong; asking myself how could I have missed the target; losing my mind thinking was I ever good enough? Will I ever be?

Every day, when I pick up my guitar, all I can hear is the melody of your voice singing me to sleep at three o'clock in the morning when my anxiety won't let me rest. Every day, when I pick up a mug of coffee, all I can picture is your lips resting on white ceramic with a tiny smirk as you savor the black coffee and tell me how you like coffee better than tea.

Every day, all I think about are the littlest things you used to do and I'm reminded how they're not just little things to me.

Every day I remember you, I think of you, I hear you, and I see you; and each day after every day, I still miss you. Even to this day –even after ten months of that rainy night I told you I was done. So I guess I'm not completely done after all. Not even three months ago when I met him.

Three months ago, that's after those six months of anguish, and crying myself to sleep, right? You've always been the one better in Mathematics and Science. You probably calculated that we wouldn't last long and knew we didn't have the Chemistry. My apologies, I was the artsy one. All I can see then was the galaxy in your eyes and the pigment of the paints we used to color every moment we had each other.

You'll always be the better one in Math, the brighter one in Science. But when I met him, it didn't matter if you were the better one at being calculative and logical. Because I realized he was the better one between the two of you.

On the seventh month, I realized I still miss you.

Not because I still felt the same way. I missed you still because I craved the idea of telling you what happened to me each day. I missed you still because you were always there to listen to me. I missed you still because you calmed me down. I missed you still because you were my best friend.

The eight month was spent comparing you to him – not him to you. Even during bad days when I see him, I picture you beside him and compare your outfit, your posture, your hand movements, your smile, your eyes, your nose, and your lips. You had manly in your outfit, he had comfort in his. You had handsome in your smile, he had charm in his. You had strength written all over your actions, he had safety in his. You had the galaxy in your eyes, he had the trees, beaches, birds in his. You had "perfect" written all over you from head to toe, but from head to toe he was perfect.

And on the ninth month, I realized I didn't need the universe, I only needed him to be my universe.

On the tenth month, I was aware that I still missed you and I knew that was okay. Because he taught me that you were a sweet memory. The same way he taught me how to love again. TC mark

I Want You To Grab My Hand When I Try To Walk Away

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 12:15 PM PDT

@justindegarbo
@justindegarbo

If I try to walk away I want you to fight for me. I want you to grab my hand and pull me back; I want you to tell me you can't let me go.

I don't want you to let me walk away without a word because I don't deserve someone who tries to win me back; I deserve someone who never lets me go in the first place.

We all deserve someone who never lets us go.

We deserve someone who will fight for us, someone who knows what they have while they have us. We don't deserve someone who let's us go then comes crawling back after the fact, after they've realized how much they screwed up.

I deserve someone who knows they can't let me go, someone who knows just how important I am and cherishes me before they lose me. I deserve someone who makes me look forward to tomorrow, to waking up in their arms and making me feel like no matter what happens today it will all be okay because when I come home they will be there.

We all deserve that comfort and love.

I deserve someone who will stick by my side and fight with me until four in the morning if that is how long it will take to go to bed no longer angry at each other. I deserve someone who will tell me I'm being irrational when I am. I deserve someone who will support me when things get hard in my life because my problems in turn are their problems.

I deserve someone who will have my back even when we can't stand each other at the moment because that's what loving someone means. It means to defend them no matter what because you want what is best for them and you can't stand to see them hurting even when you can't stand them.

We all deserve someone to fight for us even when you're fighting your own battles against each other.

So when we are fighting and I try to walk away, when I tell you I want to be alone, when I tell you that I can't stand to look at you know that in that very moment I probably can't, but more than anything I don't want you to let me walk away. When I turn my back to walk away I want you to grab my hand, I want you to pull me in and tell me that you can't live without me. I want you to not give me the option to walk away because after the heat of the moment cools down, I know there is no where else I'd rather be than in your arms.

So please don't let me go, I deserve someone who doesn't let me go when things get hard.

We all deserve someone who doesn't let us go when things get sticky and difficult and hard.

And yes, I do deserve this kind of person and this kind of love, as do you, as does everyone because when you love someone with all your heart you deserve to have someone love you back just as much.

If you spill your heart out and fight for someone they should fight for you, too. Love is not a one-way street it doesn't work that way. Everyone deserves someone who makes them look forward to tomorrow, everyone deserves to miss someone and have them miss them, too. Everyone deserves to give love and receive love because in a world full of hate the only thing that can truly change people is love. Everyone deserves love, to be loved and to give love, because love is not selfish. Love is kind and giving and genuine.

When you truly love someone you love the despite how angry they may make you, so please when we fight, don't let me walk away. I want you to grab my hand and tell me you won't let me go, tell me you won’t ever let me go. TC mark