Thought Catalog


You’re Marrying Someone Else, And I’m Finally Accepting It

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 08:00 PM PDT

@jesslowcher
@jesslowcher

It’s been 1232 days since I saw you.

I don’t remember what you were wearing, or if you said the last thing. Maybe I did. It’s blurring together into a nostalgic pang that pulses through my heart. A last time neither of us realized would be “a last time.”

Our break up was never clear-cut, which I think might be the hardest kind. There wasn’t a huge mistake. Neither of us exploded in anger or frustration. It just fell apart, slowly. And we never got the satisfaction of closure.

I hate to say it, but love wasn’t enough to keep us together.

I heard you moved on with a pretty girl in our hometown. My best friend ran into you with her, texted me the news, and everything I secretly hoped for broke in half.

We really were done. We are done.

Still, I wonder, do you ever think of me? Is this heartache something I feel alone? Are there moments when you reach for her and my name forms in your mouth instead?

I loved you so purely, it was terrifying. I woke up wanting to hug you, to to have your skin against mine. I never knew it was possible to want someone so wholly. You were my favorite part of the day, every damn day.

But you’re not mine to love now.

It’s taken 1232 days to be able to say that out loud without crying. It’s taken 1232 days to look myself in the mirror and admit, “We aren’t going to get back together.”

It’s 1232 days to accept you love someone who isn’t me.

And that’s okay. I just want you to be happy. 1232 days later, I owe you that much. TC mark

50 Deep Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend Tonight That Will Immediately Bring You Two Closer

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 07:00 PM PDT

NickBulanovv
NickBulanovv

1. What did you think when you first met me?

2. What do you remember most about the night/day we first met?

3. What about our relationship makes you really happy?

4. How long did you think our relationship would last when we first started dating?

5. If you had one word to describe our relationship what would it be?

6. If you had one word to describe our love what would it be?

7. What’s your biggest fear for this relationship?

8. Do you believe there’s one person you’re ‘meant’ to be with?

9. Do you believe in fate? destiny?

10. What’s one difference between us that you absolutely love?

11. What’s one similarity between us that you absolutely love?

12. What about me made you fall in love?

13. Is love something that scares you?

14. What about love scares you?

15. What’s your favorite memory of us?

16. What’s one thing you want to do together that we’ve never done before?

17. If something happened where I had to move very far away, would you attempt long-distance? Or go our separate ways?

18. Where is your favorite place to be with me?

19. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask me, but really want to know the answer to?

20. What’s one thing you feel our relationship is lacking?

21. What’s your favorite non-physical quality about me?

22. What’s your favorite physical quality about me?

23. If our relationship ended, what’s the one thing about it you’d miss the most?

24. Do you think you’ve been vulnerable in our relationship?

25. What do you think was your most vulnerable moment in our relationship?

26. Do you think I’ve been vulnerable in our relationship?

27. What do you think has been the hands-down funniest moment since we started dating?

28. What’s one quality about me that I see as a flaw that you absolutely love?

29. What’s one secret you’ve wanted to tell me, but haven’t?

30. Do you think there’s such thing as the ‘right’ person for you?

31. Do you think I’m the ‘right’ person for you? (If yes) What about me makes me the ‘right’ person?

32. If I said you could date other people, would you?

33. What do you think I’d say is your most attractive quality?

34. What’s your favorite way to show affection?

35. What’s your favorite way to receive affection?

36. What’s one thing you think makes our relationship unique from everyone else’s?

37. If you could change one thing about our relationship what would it be?

38. If we could go anywhere together right now, where would you want to go?

39. What do you think is your biggest strength in this relationship?

40. What’s your biggest weakness in this relationship?

41. Who do you think is the most affectionate in our relationship?

42. How do you think we both have changed since we first started dating?

43. What about us both is exactly the same since we first started dating?

44. What’s one thing I do that makes you feel good, that you wish I did more?

45. What’s one thing about your life you would never change for someone else, including me?

46. What about us do you think works well together? How do we balance each other out?

47. What’s one thing you hope happens in the future of our relationship?

48. What does love mean to you?

49. What do I mean to you?

50. What does this relationship mean to you? TC mark

82 Generic White Girl Names And What They Say About Her Personality

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 06:00 PM PDT

Christopher Campbell
Christopher Campbell

1. Liz: Unapologetically basic. Will Instagram her Starbucks drink and does not give a fuck. Flips her hair a lot.

2. Tara: Wore too much eyeliner in middle school. Shopped at Hot Topic.

3. Natalie: Great hair, bad influence.

4. Lindsay: Probably hot and blonde. Would win The Bachelor.

5. Lindsey: When she bumps into you after not seeing you since middle school, she honestly answers you when you ask "How are you?" It's never just "I'm good, how are you?" it's always like "My boyfriend just broke out of rehab.”

6. Olivia: Very chill. Boys love her. You want to hate her, but you can't.

7. Anne: Who?

8. Annie: Overly attached girlfriend.

9. Allison: Still thinks the Blair Waldorf headband thing is cool.

10. Allie: Drunk right now.

11. Ashley: Crying while looking at herself in the mirror right now.

12. Kristen: Gets along really well with your parents. Puts “knee sock aficionado” in her social media bios.

13. Christy: Perpetually single because boys are scared of her.

14. Maddie: Thought she was going to get recruited for playing a bougie sport (lacrosse, rowing, field hockey), but she wasn’t.

15. Maddy: Can probably name all the capitals in the United States if you asked her to.

16. Gabby: Talks a lot about her feelings on the internet.

17. Emily: The girl version of "Ben."

18. Caroline: Acts like she doesn't have her shit together, definitely has her shit together.

19. Kelly: Recovering Catholic.

20. Stephanie: Peaked in high school.

21. Nicole: Never went through an awkward phase and you don't trust her because of it.

22. Madeline: Her parents try really, really hard to be cool parents.

23. Cara: The worst temper of all time. Has (and will) throw beer bottles if nobody is listening to her.

24. Monica: Type-A to a horrifying degree.

25. Morgan: Feels really comfortable getting naked in front of her roommates.

26. Kathy: Had braces for what felt like 20 years.

27. Adrienne: Always hanging out with boys and says she "doesn't get girls."

28. Lauren: Has a hotter sister.

29. Kate: Knows how to work her mugshots.

30. Jessie: Always wanting to fight someone.

31. Jessica: Horse girl.

32. Erin: Just wants everyone to know she has a great personality.

33. Kim: Married her high school sweetheart.

34. Alex: Has a naturally loud voice.

35. Julia: Always says she's busy "writing music."

36. Jane: Wants to start a comedy podcast, is not funny.

37. Marissa: Loooooooooooves love.

38. Chrissy: Loves her furs, is PETA’s worst nightmare.

39. Erica: Very respectable, really normal. Will become the kindergarten teacher all dads fall in love with.

40. Erika: Emotionally unstable. Will take her shirt off at parties.

41. Sarah: Will never let you forget she went to an Ivy League.

42. Madison: Not hot enough to be as much of a bitch as she is.

43. Grace: Considered her sixteenth birthday to be the most important event of her existence.

44. Maggie: Has read receipts on, still claims she never got your text.

45. Charlotte: Stole your boyfriend, doesn't care.

46. Beth: Vegan. Ugh.

47. Audrey: She started going clubbing when she was 14 and you're scared shitless of her because of it.

48. Sam: Grew up refusing to wear a dress because she was such a dedicated tomboy. Still likes Avril Lavigne.

49. Samantha: Nobody ever wants to leave her alone with their boyfriends.

50. Victoria: On the dance team in high school, hasn't stopped talking about it. Will spit on you if you call her "Vicky."

51. Amy: 100% going to get catfished.

52. Colleen: Owns that giant, professional Nikon camera and takes the shittiest photos with it.

53. Diana: Constantly talks about how empowering pole dancing is for women.

54. Courtney: Evil.

55. Tiffany: The prettiest girl in 7th grade. You've never trusted her.

56. Megan: You forgot she’s in your group text because she never responds.

57. Zoey: Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

58. Caitlyn: Will go out of her way to make sure you’re feeling alright at parties.

59. Margot: Low key wants that Pinterest wedding.

60. Lucy: Bought a pipe on her senior spring break trip to Atlantis and says she's now a pothead. Smoked once, hated it.

61. Hannah: Always the tall girl.

62. Rebecca: Dyed her hair blonde in college and then got hot.

63. Becky: Everything is always going wrong for her.

64. Jennifer: Trying to bring down the patriarchy by bringing it up on every first date.

65. Jenny: The one nice girl in the mean girl friend group.

66. Heather: Currently dating the wrong guy.

67. Taylor: Says she loves to party, leaves the party before midnight.

68. Molly: Your boss's girlfriend.

69. Mary: Always throws up in the bathtub at parties.

70. Bridget: Draaaaaws out her wooooords when she speeeeeeaks. Also talks like she’s always asking questions?

71. Emma: Her dad got her that internship.

72. Hayley: ~*~Just one of the guys~*~. Drinks like she is sponsored by Bud Light.

73. Alyssa: Lays her poetry books out around her apartment, hoping someone will read them and then try to discuss it with her, only for Alyssa to feign shock and embarrassment that her poetry has been discovered. It’s never happened. Her poetry isn’t great.

74. Lily: Has a nail art Instagram.

75. Stacy: Resents that her mom has got it goin’ on.

76. Sara: Insane. Went to Burning Man. Doesn't have that "h" at the end of her name to hold her down.

77. Claire: Never paid for anything in her entire life. Not even her boobs.

78. Brittany: Does that thing where she screenshots her hot Snapchats and then posts them on Facebook.

79. Katie: She's the girl who, when you're talking about her to someone else, you feel the need to be like, "Yeah, Katie, you know, Jenny's friend? Blonde hair?" because nobody really remembers who she is.

80. Holly: Taught you how to sext. Out of your league.

81. Jill: Everyone's down with Jill.

82: Michelle: You can find her at the grossest, dingiest dive bars in the area. Always befriends the bartender. TC mark

To The Ex Who Was Genuinely A ‘Good One’

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 05:00 PM PDT

BETA_FIXER
BETA_FIXER

Maybe I miss the way you weighed me down in bed. Your body was like stones that kept me down. Kept me good. Maybe I miss how you stayed with me all night. You stuck around.

They never do anymore.

Maybe it was the calmness of it all. Your breathing was like the wind, the kind that shuffles your window curtains. I'd watch you sleep sometimes and I remember it being somewhat satisfying. I loved listening to your heart beating: a steady, peaceful drum. I don't know why watching you kept me sane.

I miss never having to talk sometimes. We'd speak with our eyes, our gestures. I miss how I could easily slip my hand into yours. We didn't have to say a word.

I hated that you were so insecure. How could you be so embarrassed of yourself? Why did you ever think that I was too good for you? You always wondered how a guy like you could ever end up with a girl like me. People stared; they asked you this all the time. I wish you knew that I just wanted to be with you. We didn't have to care what other people thought at the time because everything else in the world didn't matter.

It always hurt when you were gone. Every time you weren't there felt like getting punched in the stomach. I wish I went out more often to see you: to your gigs, to watch your favorite bands, to the music festival you got me free tickets for; but I'm sorry I wasn't able to go. We could've had more time together, but I had to move away.

Although we didn't last long, it was something. It was exclusive. And during that period of time, I cherished your presence. I felt safe around you. It was home. You were brave enough to take me on dates and treat me like I was yours.

You stuck around. And I'll never forget that. TC mark

An Open Letter To The Love Of My Life Who Ended Up Breaking My Heart 

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 04:01 PM PDT

 Jonas Weckschmied
Jonas Weckschmied

When I met you, I knew. I knew in some way, shape, or form, you would hold incredible significance to my life. I knew you were going to be a constant. I knew you would change me.

And for the next few years, you were my best friend. Yes, we had our disagreements, but we always made our way back to each other. I always felt you in my heart, there was nothing you could do to make me that upset for long. I already needed you.

Then, as I had suspected for years, our relationship changed. We became lovers more than friends. And I knew, the second I held you close to me, I knew, just like I had known all those years before, that this was it for me. You were it. All I wanted, and all I would ever need.

You have issues, my love. Internal struggles with yourself, external issues with your family and others around you ­ and it weighs you down. I never have held that against you. But the struggles you faced made it impossible for you to love me the way you wanted to, the way I needed you to. Still, for a year I held on, praying you would stay with me, praying you would get better. Through all the fights, the petty disagreements, and the abuse, I stayed. Why?

I loved you blindly of course. I loved you without restrictions, and without caution. I loved you wildly. In my head, I knew you could be better. I wanted to see that happen for you. I wanted to help you get to where you should be. I believed in you. I loved you so deeply, I would have, and did do, anything on Earth for you.

My expectations and whatever other struggles you faced were too much for you, and the pressure you put on yourself suffocated you. Your eyes began to wander. You wanted something easier, someone who wouldn't push you to be better, you couldn't handle the intensity of our love.

You found what you were looking for, long before you actually ended it with me, which still hurts me more than you could ever know. I can't believe my best friend, the love of my life, could do that to me. But that's life sometimes.

Fast forward a few months from the day you told me someone else had more to offer, or at least, an easier pill for you to swallow: you tell everyone that you're happy. You've come in and out of my life so frequently, breaking bits and pieces of me more and more every time. You tell me you're happy, and I know it's a lie.

I gave you time to come back to me, I gave you space and I offered you my loving arms to return to. It wasn't something you would consider, you were too busy doing fun, easy things, with someone who didn't deserve the person you used to be.

As I watched it happen, I felt pieces of myself, my soul, disintegrate and disappear. I grew colder, I put a wall up around myself. Letting myself feel soft for you only hurt me worse. Now, you are upset that I refuse to be there for you like I used to be.

When you come back to me asking for reassurance, but not asking to come back, I am forced to give a cold shoulder.

If I don't, you won't let me be, and I can't heal. I can tell through your words and your actions that you are heartbroken. You tell me you are hurt because I don't care anymore. But the truth is, you are not who I once loved. That person is gone. That person took some of the deepest parts of myself with them. I will always love them.

Had you tried for me, love, had you tried for you, we would have been in love forever. But you didn't, and sitting around waiting for you only made things harder on me. I've accepted the fact that the you I once knew is gone.

I didn't want to move on from you. I hoped in the deepest cell of my heart that you would come back and sweep me up and make things better. But eventually, I chose to move on. I chose to heal myself. I chose to fix what you shattered. It didn't com easily, and nearly everyday is a struggle… but I have to. Please don't hold that against me, as I have not held your demons against you. I needed to do it for me.

You are the love of my life, but you are long gone now. TC mark

To The Man Who Ghosted And Left Me A Ghost

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 03:00 PM PDT

Jonathan Velasquez
Jonathan Velasquez

We met in an unconventional way, and we only met once, but after you quoted Queen Bey and I discovered that you too were a writer, I wanted to know more about you. What started off as hours of online messages back and forth turned into texts then we graduated to phone calls.

There was something about you that just lit up my heart.

Maybe because for the first time in a long time, it wasn't about dating or any other ulterior motives; it was just about two people who bonded as friends. I had such a respect for what you did and the kind of person you were. We would talk for hours about our childhood, our likes and dislikes, laugh about our past fashion choices, agree to teach each other skills the other had, and make plans to see each other.

Then slowly, I started comparing the guys I would go on dates with to you. They weren't as tall, or as funny, or not quite as driven as you were.

Simple "Good mornings" started to include adjectives such as beautiful and handsome. We progressed to having FaceTime dates, which turned into multiple hour Skype sessions. We updated each other through photos of what we were doing throughout the day and I found myself thinking about you more and more. And each thought brought another smile to my face.

I knew I started to fall for you when I didn't care about what you could give me or what you could do for me but it became more about what I could do for you, how could I help you. I didn't want to change a single thing about you except for the distance between us. You made me want to become a better person, a person you deserved. You made me realize it isn't about the material things but about living life.

Two months in we wouldn't go a day without talking to each other. You worked 12-hour days but still found time for "FaceDates" or phone calls. While training for that marathon you'd still talk on the phone (though I still don't believe that you can run and have a full conversation, laugh, and NOT be out of breath). You'd say things about how you needed a weekend off from the world but not from me and we'd talk about how I wanted to meet your dog to get her approval, then you'd reassure me that I won her owner over a long time ago.

Phrases like "meant to be" and "wish you were here" were tossed around.

But up until this point we were still only friends. All my girlfriends told me to wait to tell you how I felt until we were in person together, but I knew I just had to know how you felt. I took a leap of faith, telling you how I love talking to you and I that liked you as more than a friend, waited for what seemed like forever, then you responded that you felt the same way!

In that moment nothing could bring me down. I thought this could be it, the distance didn't matter and nothing mattered as long as you felt the same.

I never thought that the texts would slowly decrease; phone calls to you would be more frequently answered by your voice mail and a day without speaking to each other turned from an exception to the rule.

We were supposed to move forward, not come to a screeching halt.

You told me you fell for me. To hear those words come out of your mouth is something I'll never forget. Maybe I overhyped our entire story in my head and heart. Maybe you were scared, maybe you didn't really feel the same but you were too nice of a guy to let me down, maybe you really did just get too busy or maybe something clicked and you no longer wanted me to be the one to catch you.

There are days I wish I never told you I felt that way. Maybe I could have my amazing friend back. There are days that I'm proud of myself for being upfront about my feelings. Though I may never find out why you decided to walk away I'm thankful for the brief part you played in my life.

Thank you for shaking up the idea of the kind of man I thought I wanted. Thank you for showing me what's really important when it comes to looking for a potential partner in life and most of all, thank you for helping me realize that I will be ok. TC mark

I Can’t Quit You

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:00 PM PDT

Annie Spratt
Annie Spratt

Eleeo. The greek word for the gift of mercy.

It means to be patient and compassionate toward those who are suffering or afflicted.

But sometimes I feel that you are neither; rather that you are lost. Searching for something or someone, but you have yet to find yourself. I am too much. I am not enough.

I have grown a cosmos for you inside of my own body. I have filled your ears with laughter. Sweet words that drip like honey from my lips. I have never feared to let you shine. Lighting the candle for you in the darkest of nights. I have embraced you with hugs. Gazed upon your face with loving eyes, a tender maze I traced among your contours and curves. I have fed you, cooked decadence and danced with grace in my steps to excite you. Loved you with every fiber, every cell, every muscle, every molecule that makes up my vibrating existence of light.

I am too much.

I have seen you ache for acceptance in a world that denies your desires. Watched as you begged for love in the streets. I have heard you slash away at your self. A tongue lashing with self hatred. I have listened to your thoughts, alone and isolated. Hearing a depressed heart scream out into the echoing shadows. I have received your silence, your rejection, your want, your need. Cold, and biting each touch felt to my fiery existence.

I have wept in pain for you and by you. I am not enough.

I preach self care. The cutting out of toxic friends and people. The excision of negative influences. The exploration for things that make people smile, and their hearts dance to the beats of their own rhythm.

I preach letting go. Releasing old people and things. Severing the cord that has tied me to weighted individuals. Recognizing when someone isn't putting up the same chips that I am, and choosing to leave the table while ahead.

Yet with you I am a paradox. I let you steal from my jar of light without consequence, most times. I let you snatch me right before I make too many steps away from you. I crash into you as your darkness slingshots me back down from heavenly ground. I do it over, and over, and over. I have yet to reach an answer of how to still my beating heart, and stop myself from reaching for you.

Eleeo.

Because I can't quit you.

Because you have called me in times of distress. Because your soul weeps louder than you speak. Because loving you is hard, but hating you hurts. Because I fear for you. Because I want you to see yourself how I see you. Because I want you to love me too. Because I want you to exist. Because I need you more than you know. Because I'm afraid of feeling like I've done too much. Because I'm afraid of feeling like I haven’t done enough. TC mark

Stop Saying Our Generation Is Too Obsessed With Technology

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:30 PM PDT

Sophia Sinclair
Sophia Sinclair

"Too many computers, not enough bikes."

A man once said those words to me. At the time, there were two laptops in front of me. One was my sister's and the other one was mine. Glen, the man who spoke the words, is an older guy who loves to travel around on his bike.

So what did he mean by it? I think he was expressing his concern about how teenagers always have their noses stuck in some form of electronic device instead of experiencing the world the way he thinks people should, like say, taking a ride on a bike or enjoying a meal without the need to pick the perfect photo filter so everyone can see just how much you're enjoying your meal, which has probably turned cold by now.

What Glen said made perfect sense. The age of social media and technology has made us turn a blind eye to things that we would otherwise find enjoyable if only we could stop tapping on the screen and look, really look around us, without feeling the urge to take a photo of anything.

If only we still asked strangers for directions instead of using Google Maps, or talked to our grandparents and cousins during family gatherings instead of texting on the phone. If only we remembered how good we had it, as Glen eloquently implied with his comparison between computers and bikes.

However, I also think Glen is wrong. Because at the moment he told me all that, I was not watching cat videos on YouTube or cracking up about something funny on Tumblr or commenting on someone's baby photo on Facebook. I was typing an article about journaling.

So in my opinion, Glen was jumping to conclusions. He took one look at my age, at the apparatus I was using, and made the deduction that I was wasting my time doing something useless on social media. But in reality, I was using my laptop to practice one of my greatest hobbies: writing.

What I'm trying to say is, my laptop is to me what Glen's bike is to him. These are two different objects designed to satisfy different desires and to serve different purposes. They are “a means to an end,” not the end in and of itself. Maybe his bike gives him the satisfaction of breathing in fresh air as he travels from state to state, of keeping him healthy and fit, of letting him perceive the world in the way he thinks is best.

Maybe he's the kind of guy who prefers to sit under the shade of a tree and enjoys flipping through the pages of a good book. But maybe I like that my laptop lets me keep my Word files private. Maybe I like the way it organizes my ebooks, since I don’t have the ability to lug all of my physical books around. Maybe I like that it helps me slowly but surely build my confidence to write more and write better. Maybe what Glen lacks is a sense of perspective.

No matter your age or your social standing or how much money you make, please remember this: You should think before you speak. Before you tell your friend that the girl in your English Literature class is too quiet, stop and think. Maybe she never had any friends growing up and is nervous in social situations. Before you tell your child that she is lazy for staying in bed all day, stop and think. Maybe she is depressed and needs your support. Before you start going through your complete vocabulary of curse words when a speeding car grazes your car's mirror, stop and think. Maybe there is someone behind those doors that is sick and desperately needs to get to the hospital on time.

Glen did not have any bad intentions. In fact, I am grateful that he reminded me to take a break from the computer. Plus, I learned something from him thanks to our little encounter. Before you say words that cannot be taken back, I urge you, please try to consider things from a different point of view. You might just learn a thing or two about yourself in the process. TC mark

This Is Why I’m Giving Up On You

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:00 PM PDT

unsplash.com
unsplash.com

When we first met, I was your dream – I was everything you ever imagined a woman to be. You loved every minute with me. You wanted to know more. You willingly did everything and more than I expected.  I was hesitant, but with time I gave in.

You made me happier than I had been in a long time.

As time went by, you started to change, and I started to change in your eyes. You started to see my flaws, you started to notice my faults – you focused on the scars.

You started to get frustrated with my little quirks that once attracted you to me. I was not the same anymore, even in my own eyes.

You started to get bored because the thrill and passion were not the same. You started to question yourself – is this it? You started to get scared – what if this is not right? Because you believed that if it were right, it would be easy all the way.

You got nervous at the first sight of a glitch. You got petrified the first time we fought. You got worried if you were making a mistake by staying with me. You were terrified at the concept of permanence with me, in a world full of options.

You believed in soulmates – the one perfect person who is right for you. I never believed in soulmates. I think most people choose to believe in soulmates because they want it to be real; it is the one ideal person for you who probably does not exist, but gives you the opportunity to move on from one to another in the search of this unicorn of a person. Most people keep looking without ever finding.

When things got hard, you wanted to run. When things got tough, you wanted to hide. When things got complicated, you wanted nothing to do with it. I must admit, we both put each other through hell.

You thought people were disposable, switching options with one swipe. If not this, then there is definitely another.

I did not quite fit your checklist.  To be honest, you never fit mine either, but to me you were more than random qualities on a piece of paper.

I was tired of telling my friends all that was going wrong; they saw you as nothing more than a bag full of problems that caused my unhappiness.

I felt more alone with you next to me than I did in an empty room.

You never cared about my feelings when there were uncertainties. You did not think about how much this would hurt but you went ahead because you had to do what was 'right' for you. You never thought that I had doubts too, but as a human I accepted you with your goodness and your 'defects' – I know nobody is perfect.

You were looking for the ideal but most of us don't even know what we want. How can we choose someone when we don't know what we are looking for? You were someone I was never looking for, but still I wanted you in my life.

You believed relationships should be easy, you thought a relationship meant we should be happy all the time. You questioned my commitment to you every time we had an argument. You doubted yourself every time you had to grow up and compromise. You never fought for me. You never fought for us. You gave up on me, and you gave up on us, so easily.

When you end relationships, you have to cut all ties – so that you cannot find each other. I would rather be lost in my world of confusion than try to find a way with you. You broke me every way you could, and you never apologized – you never thought you were wrong.

You thought I wasn't right for you, and that's when I knew how wrong you were for me.

Wherever you go, whatever you do – I will never be yours again. This is the end for us.

This is why I gave up on you, because you never even tried. TC mark

30 Honest Relationship Goals That Are Exactly What We All Secretly Want In Love

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 12:00 PM PDT

@leniepanini
@leniepanini

1. Somebody who gets super excited to nap with you.

2. Somebody who can read the difference between your grunts that mean “I’m fine I just don’t feel like talking” and your grunts that mean “I’m struggling with something but I’m too stubborn to admit that I need to talk about it.”

3. Somebody who can, and will, quote Disney Channel Original Movies with you.

4. Somebody who will eat pizza with you for breakfast.

5. Somebody who always laughs with you, specifically in the moments when you are absolutely. not. supposed. to. be. laughing. because. this. is. serious.

6. Somebody who will remind you not to forget your leftovers at the restaurant, because they have their damn priorities straight.

7. Somebody who won’t judge you when you’ve had a tiring week and you consequently spend all of Saturday laying in your bed like a lard.

8. Somebody who will use a pet name like “Tina you fat lard” rather than “honey” or “sweetie pie.”

9. Somebody who considers ‘cereal’ an acceptable choice for dinner.

10. Somebody who will still love you even after you order onions on your burger and you smell bad afterwards.

11. Somebody who will build a fort with you on a Saturday afternoon.

12. Somebody who gets super punch-drunk and goofy with you when your’e really tired.

13. Somebody who is the Jim to your Pam or the Pam to your Jim.

14. Somebody who says “one more” after you’ve already binge watched six hours of a tv show.

15. Somebody who puts the cap back on the toothpaste so that you don’t have to break up with them.

16. Somebody who feels the same way you do about the Oxford comma.

17. Somebody who wouldn’t be weirded out if you walked by a pet store and then decided it was absolutely necessary to go inside and hold the puppies immediately.

18. Somebody who will tell you that you’re a weirdo and will say it like it’s the best compliment they could ever give anyone.

19. Somebody who won’t murder you after you hit ‘snooze’ on your alarm eight times.

20. Somebody who will say “Oh my God I’ve totally wondered the same thing” when you share one of your strangest, most bizarre thoughts with them.

21. Somebody who will put sunscreen on your back even though it’s the worst.

22. Somebody who will not shame you for watching Bachelor in Paradise. 

23. Somebody who will watch Bachelor in Paradise WITH you while drinking an $8 bottle of wine from Walgreens.

24. Somebody who is all about doing breakfast for dinner together.

25. Somebody who has your favorite takeout order memorized, down to the number of ketchup packets required.

26. Somebody who knows exactly how many minutes it will take before you’ll be ready to speak in the morning.

27. Somebody who will only kind of judge you when you text them from the other room but who will also respect it because, lazy.

28. Somebody who will grab two spoons and eat something, anything, right out of the jar/carton/box with you.

29. Somebody who has your hangover cure down to a science.

30. Somebody who tells you that there’s nothing sexier than your elastic waistband sweatpants. Because at the end of the day, that’s the dream. TC mark