Thought Catalog


Mysteries Of The Male Body: 24 Women Ask The Questions They’ve Been Dying To Ask

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 07:00 PM PDT

Illustration by Daniella Urdinlaiz / lookcatalog
Illustration by Daniella Urdinlaiz / lookcatalog
Found on AskReddit.

1. Why are some guys’ butt cheeks bare and some hairy?

"Why are some guys’ butt cheeks bare and some hairy? Like pants made of body hair."

dirtyleopard


2. Can you feel shit while fucking a girl in a vagina if she hadn't had a bowel movement?

"Can you feel shit while fucking a girl in a vagina if she hadn't had a bowel movement?"

drawsins


3. Why doesn’t it hurt when your balls slap against our ass during sex?

"Why doesn’t it hurt your balls to slap against the recipient during sex? Like if you barely touch balls sometimes you guys cry out but during sex? They slap against your partner pretty hard and no one complains."

Not_quite_a


4. How do you ride a bicycle without crushing your ball sac?

"How do you ride a bicycle without crushing your ball sac?"

keniboneyou


5. Why are you so reluctant about a finger in the butt?

"Why are you so reluctant about a finger in the butt (which is fine, established boundaries and consent are important), yet totally put out that I don’t want a dick in my butt regularly? It’s a puzzling double standard. Also guys have anatomy that seems more designed for butt stuff than girls."

KinadianPT


6. Do you realize that when you’re hard and we hug you, we can feel it?

"When I’ve hugged some guy friends, I can feel his cock pressed up against me, but I try not to say anything. Are guys able to feel this/notice it? I don’t think they’re 'hard' when I’ve done this, but I’m just curious."

duskofsummer2


7. When you guys poop, what do you do with your penis?

"When you guys poop, what do you do with your penis? Do you let it dangle or do you hold it?"

cumwhisperer


8. Do guys think about all of their female friends while jerking off?

"Do guys think about all of their female friends while jerking off?"

Geishalove


9. Can you feel the weight/presence of your penis as you walk?

"Can you like, feel your penis between your legs? As in, if you were just walking down the street do you feel its weight/presence as you walk?"

23watts


10. Is it uncomfortable jogging with just 'letting it all hang out?'

"Is it uncomfortable jogging with just 'letting it all hang out?'"

Lexvp123


11. Why does your underwear have a hole in the front?

"Why does your underwear have a hole in the front? Doesn’t your penis pop out that hole frequently? I’ve seen guys walk around in boxers not knowing that they were…ahem…visible."

duskofsummer2


12. Why do some guys enjoy blowjobs more than sex and vice-versa?

"Why do some guys enjoy blowjobs more than sex and vice-versa? Like, what’s the difference in sensations??"

PM_ME_DICK_PICS


13. Does it hurt doing the helicopter?

"Does it hurt doing the helicopter? My husband swears it doesn’t, but I don’t believe him."

thatsabitraven


14. What’s the best course of action when your nuts go up inside you during sex?

"When you’re laying on your back, and somebody’s riding you, sometimes your nuts kind of go up inside you a little bit (not all the way) and get a little weird to play with. What’s the best course of action when this happens?"

step_back_girl


15. What happens when you get an erection while you’re lying on your stomach on a flat mattress?

"Suppose you’re lying on your stomach on a flat mattress, does it hurt you? What if when u have an erection? I always wondered this….since it hurts when I lay on my stomach on any mattress…"

justnodalong


16. Does your ball sack ever get stuck to your leg(s)?

"Does your ball sack ever get stuck to your leg(s)? If so, is it ignorable?"

Snoww3


17. Do you play with your balls as much as we play with our boobs?

"Do you play with your balls as much as we play with our boobs? It helps us to think."

IronMermaiden


18. What does your body feel like when you cum?

"What does your body feel like when you cum? I need physical body descriptions not metaphors. I could tell you an orgasm feels like sunshine beaming down on a warm field of poppies gently swaying in the wind, but it doesn’t give you any sort of frame of reference for what it actually feels like."

Anonymous


19. Why do your penises twitch so much?

"Why do your penises twitch so much? Sometimes it seems like you guys are doing it on purpose."

not_your_roommate11


20. Do you get boners every time you notice an attractive woman?

"Do you get boners every time you notice an attractive woman?"

dirtyleopard


21. When you’re wearing boxers, do your dick and balls ever hang into separate legs?

"When you’re wearing boxers, does your dick hang into a leg of your boxers? Do you have to choose a leg? Do your dick and balls ever hang into separate legs?"

bridgesquid


22. When wearing underwear, does your penis go up or down?

"When wearing underwear, does your penis go up or down?"

Schorpio_dont_bite


23. Does it help when we play with your balls?

"I’ve always wondered…does playing with the balls really help? Can you get off by dick attention alone or does playing with the balls too feel better? Is it a significant difference?"

Phantom-Stalker


24. Why do guys take forever to poop?

"Why do guys take forever to poop? I’m not joking, I’ve wondered this my entire life. Every single man I have ever known, my dad, stepdad, brothers, all past boyfriends, my male best friend, my cousins. Every time I’m staying in a house with someone, I’ve become so curious at this point that I always check haha. Every time I ask someone, they say “the guys you know must have a terrible diet, I don’t do that” – This satisfied me for a few years, but after having moved in with my boyfriend I have become suspicious of this answer xD My boyfriend and I eat very almost the exact same diet. Very few variations because we pack the same lunches (we even work in the same hospital) and eat breakfast and dinner together. It takes me like less than 10 seconds to poop and it takes him like 5-10 minutes. I don’t get it, I need to know.

Also in uni, I shared halls with 3 guys and 2 girls and every time (every time, not occasionally) the men pooped, it took forever and it always smelled horrible. Why? What physically happens in there? Are you guys okay?"

phoenixfireflyTC mark

10 Dirty Urban Dictionary Definitions That’ll Make You Horny And Amused

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 06:00 PM PDT

Why You Can’t Get Over Him, Based On His Zodiac Sign

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 05:00 PM PDT

Look Catalog
Look Catalog

Aries:

Nobody will ever have a burning passion for you like them.

Taurus:

Nobody will ride till they die with you like them.

Gemini:

Nobody will ever have late night talks with you like them.

Cancer:

Nobody will ever constantly tell you how special you are like them.

Leo:

Nobody will ever be as funny, and fun as them.

Virgo:

Nobody will ever call you a thousand times like them.

Libra:

Nobody will ever make you feel so happy and bubbly like them.

Scorpio:

Nobody will ever care like them.

Sagittarius:

Nobody will be a hopeless romantic with you like them.

Capricorn:

Nobody will have your back like them.

Aquarius:

Nobody will fight with you like them.

Pisces:

Nobody will be as real with you as them. TC mark

This Is What’s Uniquely Beautiful About You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 04:00 PM PDT

Look Catalog
Look Catalog

Aries

Fierce beauty. Fiery eyes and smart mouth.

Taurus

Constant beauty. Hair always on point and sass level 11/10.

Gemini

Child-like beauty. Big sweaters and hyper attitude.

Cancer

Dreamy beauty. Soft smiles and unique laughs.

Leo

Outstanding beauty. Everyone notices when you walk into a room- especially your confidence.

Virgo

Underrated beauty. Cute face behind messy hair and shoes are probably dirty or drawn on.

Libra

Fairy like beauty. Eyebrows on FLEEK and very harmonious composure.

Scorpio

Hot beauty. Seductive smirk and calm way of talking.

Sagittarius

Messy beauty. Vibrant aura and sailor mouth.

Capricorn

Dark beauty. Isolated but alluring presence and the deepest eyes.

Aquarius

Surprising beauty. Constantly changing and hair always messily stylish.

Pisces

Soft beauty. Eloquent way of speaking and baby cheeks. TC mark

14 Executives On The Biggest Mistake People Make In Job Interviews (You’re Probably Doing At Least 3 Of These)

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 03:00 PM PDT

The Devil Wears Prada
The Devil Wears Prada

Names have been kept anonymous to protect the employees. 

1. “Eye contact. If they don’t make eye contact, it’s a red flag for me.”

2. “I make it a point to introduce myself very clearly and say my name at least a couple of times. And at the end I ask them if they remember my name. Almost every person forgets. It’s not a deal breaker because I understand that they’re nervous, but when someone does remember it, I have to resist hiring them on the spot.”

3. “When I ask someone to list a weakness they have and they say that they ‘work too hard’ it takes every ounce of my self control not to roll my eyes. Get some originality for God’s sake.”

4. “You’d be surprised the amount of times I’ve asked someone what they like about our company or why they want to work for us and they have no idea what to say. DO YOUR RESEARCH. IT’S NOT THAT HARD.”

5. “I’ll ask people about stuff I saw on their LinkedIn, which sometimes throws them off guard or confuses them – basically making it very clear that they lied, thinking no one ever looks too closely at that stuff.”

6. “One of my quickest filters to determine if I like a candidate is whether or not they can pick up on my sarcasm.”

7. “I find it amusing when I ask them to share a fun fact about themselves that has nothing to do with their career and they can’t think of literally anything. Seriously, your life is that empty when you go home? Or you can’t just make something up? When someone freezes on the spot like that, it’s not exactly boding well in their favor.”

8. “I’m not sure why people don’t smile. I get that it’s nerve-wracking, but it’s one of the fastest and easiest ways to connect with another person.”

9. “Wrinkled clothes. Just makes you look sloppy and like you don’t care about this interview. Next.”

10. “When it’s closer to the end, I’ll do a little three-minute spiel about our company’s vision/outlook/working style, etc. And after I finish I like to ask, ‘What are your thoughts on that?’ The good ones will actually come up with a good, normal answer. The not-so-good ones make it very obvious that they were nodding and smiling but totally zoned out and not paying attention to anything I said.”

11. “Just being incapable of explaining the experiences you’ve had and why you’d be a good fit for this company makes me lose interest really quickly. Hiring you reflects on me, so of course I’m only going to pick the best of the best. So why wouldn’t you be spending every last word trying to explain to me all that you’ve done and all that you’ve accomplished and specifically what it is about you that would make you invaluable to us? Instead of just saying your time at your last job was ‘a good experience’ and then barley elaborating?”

12. “Please, please check your teeth before you go into an interview. I cannot tell you how many interviews (often with good candidates) that I’ve been totally turned off by or distracted in because they had a piece of spinach or pepper in their front tooth.”

13. “Saying ‘like’ too many times. Be conscious of that. Along with ‘um’ and ‘uh’ and all those other ones that make you sound less intelligent.”

14. “Not saying ‘thank you’ on the way out. It takes two seconds and it makes me feel like you actually took this seriously and appreciated my time. JUST SAY IT.” TC mark

If You Don’t Think You Deserve More, You’ll Always Accept Less

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 02:00 PM PDT

 Alivia Latimer
Alivia Latimer

It's a general rule in life that if you don't think you deserve more, you'll always accept less and you'll always settle.

Because people have a tendency to sell you short, they have a tendency to give you just enough to get by and they have a natural tendency to depreciate you.

It all starts with what you're okay with, with what you let people get away with, with the way you let others treat you and how you respond to those who do you wrong.

If you don't think you have the right to ask for a raise, you'll always be overworked and underpaid.

If you don't think you have the right to ask for what you want in a relationship, you'll never get the respect and appreciation that you wish for.

If you don't think you have the right to know where you stand with someone you're dating, you'll always be left in the grey area wondering and waiting.

The irony is that recently it seems that asking for more, asking for your right or just asking for answers is frowned upon especially if you're right, especially if you're strong, especially if you're aware of your own value.

But here's what I learned about settling and staying quiet when you should speak up, it doesn't win you any more friends, it doesn't make you a likable person and it doesn't make you a cooler person, it only makes people take you for granted — it only makes people think it's okay to hurt you because you don't get mad and you don't confront anyone.

It's never a bad idea to ask for more, to know your worth, to stand up for yourself even if you secretly don't think you deserve any of it, because your mind can trick you into thinking that this is what you truly deserve and that asking for more is greedy or wrong or selfish.

But it's not.

It's not selfish to ask for more when you're working hard, it's not selfish to ask for commitment when you're loyal and it's not selfish to try to know what you mean to someone when you're in love with them.

What's selfish is playing it safe so you don't have to worry about the consequences, or settling because you're afraid of losing someone when they're not afraid of losing you and it's selfish to have a strong voice and not use it.

Because the only thing that's stopping you from getting what you want or what you deserve is youTC mark

What If I Told You I Missed You

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 01:00 PM PDT

Franca Gimenez
Franca Gimenez

What if I told you I missed you?

What if instead of texting you about Star Wars and bourbon and how to change the batteries in my smoke detector I just said, “I wish you were here.” What if instead of sending you selfies with people who knew us when and pretending like I didn’t wish you hadn’t bailed on driving 8 hours my way I was honest for one split second? What if instead of telling you “I hate you” I said “Maybe I only hate any girl I see you with who isn’t me.”

What if…

What if I told you I missed you?

And I told you that I haven’t cried as hard as I did than when I drove away in that giant truck on a highway past mountains, and rivers, into a city I knew nothing about. And I didn’t wash my pillowcases for two weeks because I could pretend I could still smell you on them. And I pretended to be freaked out when you got drunk on my birthday and kissed me with whiskey breath and told me that you loved me even though we’d never said it when there wasn’t something like booze and maybes between us.

What if instead of saying nothing, I said everything?

What if…

What if I told you I missed you?

And then you told me that you’ve got somebody new now and I am nothing but a distant memory and I have to actually to move on? And I said, “I never really cared that much anyway,” because I knew that was what you expected to hear. And we never talked about the space in between where there was an “us” that never fully formulated.

What if…

What if I told you I miss you?

And instead of telling me that you have someone new, you just replied. Instead of showing me where I should be, you said hello. Instead of gesturing to a life we didn’t have, you said “hi.”

What if…

But like…really…

What if I told you I missed you?

What then? TC mark

If You Subconsciously Do These 16 Things, You Have A Mini Crush On Him

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 12:00 PM PDT

Thought.is
Thought.is

1. You don't stalk his social media, but whenever you see a post from him, you always stop scrolling. You like to see what he has to say. 

2. You get disappointed when you don't see him. It's not like you were consciously looking forward to seeing him, but when you notice he isn’t going to show up to class or work, you're slightly annoyed and don't know why. You assume it's because you like having someone to talk to.

3. When he talks about his crush, you’re happy for him. But at the same time, you wonder why he isn’t crushing on you. After all, you two get along so well. It would make sense for him to fall for you.

4. When he doesn’t text back right away, you freak out. You start to wonder if you did something wrong and if you should send him a second text.

5. You smile whenever he “likes” one of your selfies on social media. For whatever reason, you’re glad he noticed it and glad he approved of it. It raises your confidence for the rest of the day.

6. You always check his Snapchat story. It doesn’t matter how long and boring it is. You sit through it.

7. You mention him whenever you see your friends. Maybe you mention how funny he is. Maybe you complain about how frustrating he is. But no matter what, his name always pops up in conversation.

8. You’ve changed your schedule slightly so you can see him more often. You take the same bus as him, so you can chat. You stay late at work, so you can walk out together.

9. You have imaginary conversations with him in your head. It’s nothing sexual or romantic. But it seems like he’s always on your mind.

10. You check the mirror when he’s around. You want to make sure your lipstick isn’t smudged and your cleavage is showing. You want to look your best–but it isn’t for him. At least, that’s what you tell yourself.

11. You never forget to ask him about his weekend. It’s not just an easy way to make conversation. You kind of want to know what he was doing–and who he was with. You want to know that he’s not seeing other people.

12. You feel like your outfit was wasted if he didn’t get to see it. I mean, you weren’t trying to impress him by wearing a tight dress, but it would’ve been nice if he was around to compliment it.

13. You get annoyed when a third person interrupts your conversation. You’d rather talk to him one-on-one.

14. Stupid things remind you of him. Song lyrics, jokes, commercials… It doesn’t take much to make you think of him.

15. Even if you’re dead tired, you’ll stay up late to talk to him. You don’t mind losing sleep if it means you get to continue your conversation.

16. You’ve been telling yourself that you don’t have a crush on him. That he’s not your type. But deep down, you know you’ve been lying to yourself. TC mark

How He Is Secretly Saying ‘I Love You’, Based On His Zodiac Sign

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 11:00 AM PDT

Thought.Is
Thought.Is

Aries:

"What are you doing it's freezing out there, wear a jacket!"

Taurus:

*has literally only been two hours* "Wow I've missed you so much!"

Gemini:

"I wouldn't want you getting hurt"

Cancer:

*is absolutely exhausted* "What? No I'm not tired at all! Of course we can talk"

Leo:

"Can you keep a secret?"

Virgo:

"Please take care of yourself"

Libra:

"No it's fine, I really don't mind"

Scorpio:

"I love you"

Sagittarius:

"Don't do anything stupid"

Capricorn:

"Why so I associate myself with you"

Aquarius:

"Do you think aliens are real?"

Pisces:

"Please be safe, don't hurt yourself!" TC mark

Your Hidden Personality Quirk Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Posted: 30 Oct 2016 10:00 AM PDT

Brooke Cagle
Brooke Cagle

Aries:

Can go bright red if embarrassed.

Taurus:

Can convey lots of meaning with one facial expression.

Gemini:

If they are bored, they may not even say bye, but just quietly leave.

Cancer:

For sensitive people, they may find insensitive things hilarious, like someone slipping and falling over.

Leo:

Very dramatic when upset. Person: Can I have the last slice of pizza? Leo: YOU HATE ME DON'T YOU?

Virgo:

Can suffer from terrible anxiety in every day situations, but in extreme circumstances, they can usually hold it together better than the rest oddly.

Libra:

Good at giving advice, but that doesn't necessarily mean they follow it themselves.

Scorpio:

Is excellent at understanding the deeper meaning in frivolous statements. Someone could say, "I bought a book today."

And a Scorpio could understand it to mean, “you are a Bookworm loner that suffers from crippling social anxiety and this is your way of telling me.”

Sagittarius:

Manages to ask deep questions about life and the way the world works without making it too serious and heavy.

Capricorn:

Good at time keeping. “Do you know what th…" "It's half seven!”

Aquarius:

From the moment they look at you, you can tell they are intelligent, maybe even intimidatingly so.

Pisces:

Is really good at mimicking and imitating people. This can be a really funny trait of theirs. TC mark